"For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" (Part V)

If you are driving soon to WDW, please check out Orlando TV stations online for their traffic updates. Recent and future closures on I-4 have been problematic of late, especially as they relate to local roads...but progress is being made.

All the best! :thumbsup2
Thank you for the heads up! We leave in a few short weeks and I remember I-4 being a mess last year.

If you are driving soon to WDW, please check out Orlando TV stations online for their traffic updates. Recent and future closures on I-4 have been problematic of late, especially as they relate to local roads...but progress is being made.

Thanks for the heads-up!

The year is nearly half over and we remain annoyed at the per-day parking fee. Drivers might have tolerated a modest $10 a day fee, but double that (and more!) at some resorts? Still, the folks keep on a comin.'

The year is nearly half over and we remain annoyed at the per-day parking fee. Drivers might have tolerated a modest $10 a day fee, but double that (and more!) at some resorts? Still, the folks keep on a comin.'

I have to imagine at this point, its still a lot of people who made reservations prior to the cut-off date. That may change in, oh, about a week, with TSL opening soon though...

@BC1836 How's the traffic been mid to late mornings (10AM to 1PM) during the week? We are planning on arriving around that time July 5 and after driving 16 hours, I'm trying to determine my level of patience:rotfl2:. Based on our amazing drivers here (literally this evening watched someone fly through a red light bc why not), I'm assuming I should stock up... lol

I have to imagine at this point, its still a lot of people who made reservations prior to the cut-off date. That may change in, oh, about a week, with TSL opening soon though...

@BC1836 How's the traffic been mid to late mornings (10AM to 1PM) during the week? We are planning on arriving around that time July 5 and after driving 16 hours, I'm trying to determine my level of patience:rotfl2:. Based on our amazing drivers here (literally this evening watched someone fly through a red light bc why not), I'm assuming I should stock up... lol

Traffic during the Monday-Friday span is still busy in the post-rush hour time period, but it generally eases up at lunch time.

There are several Orlando TV station traffic links and other online links you can examine:

https://www.wftv.com/traffic
http://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando/traffic/traffic-cams
https://www.weatherbug.com/traffic-cam/?latlng=28.203064,-81.694227

Check out these sites for a few days at around the same time for any pattern.

Since you are driving on a national holiday, and arriving the next day, that could be an unpredictable traffic scenario. In any event, good luck!

WDW Speedway (World Drive) regular gas price, per gallon this afternoon (6/22/18): $2.58

Florida average price: $2.72

National average price: $2.87

Nothing is cheap at Disney except the gas! LOL
Between $2.85- $2.99 here

Does anyone have issues with their bank when driving through multiple states?

Years ago, we drove to Florida and after my husband had to get gas for the second time in one day, the bank blocked the transaction.

Now we notify them of our plans. They wanted me to list every state we are driving through and the dates. After listing them, the bank told me that’s too many lol. They made a note of North Carolina where we are spending the night and Florida. They will text me every time I use my card to verify that it’s me using it. What a pain in the a$$.

I’m guessing that I will have to do this with my credit cards too.

What do all of you do?
we've never had an issue but our DD has-same bank. But we have the "fraud alert" that sends a text to our phone asking if this transaction is ok if seems suspicious. She finally changed her settings to that. We did call our CC company - but I haven't past several trips. I guess they can see from our pattern now that we have been traveling to Florida alot LOL (DD is on her 2nd DCP this summer). My husbands CC for his American Express did call him right before we left in June as they noticed some unusual charges. Turns out they were fraudulent and stopped the transactions. He uses that card for business only so an unusual pattern reveals pretty quickly!

Getting ready to head out on our 1953 mile journey from PEI on July 26th. Last trip was December 2015. We are thinking about cutting over to the coast to travel the Chesepeake Tunnel Bridge and down to Charlston, SC before heading back to the I95. Has anyone ever done this?

Getting ready to head out on our 1953 mile journey from PEI on July 26th. Last trip was December 2015. We are thinking about cutting over to the coast to travel the Chesepeake Tunnel Bridge and down to Charlston, SC before heading back to the I95. Has anyone ever done this?

Years ago, someone mentioned that route, but it's a drive that will take more time. If you're making a stop in Charleston, then it makes sense. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter