"For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" (Part V)

I know I’ve seen a post, but I can’t find it.

Can someone tell me the toll amounts from RI through to the NC border. I’m pretty sure once I am past NYC there are no tolls... or does Delaware have a toll.

Thanks

Assuming your driving I-95: NJ Turnpike toll, DE Memorial Bridge toll, Delaware I-95 toll.

All the best! :thumbsup2

I know I’ve seen a post, but I can’t find it.

Can someone tell me the toll amounts from RI through to the NC border. I’m pretty sure once I am past NYC there are no tolls... or does Delaware have a toll.

Thanks

I'm not that familiar with NY & North, but from NJ south,

As above, assuming you are going down the I-95 corridor, rates a/o 4/18/19:

NJ Turnpike end to end is $13.85 cash/EZPass. (EZPass off peak discount is only for Turnpike Authority EZPass customers.)
Delaware Memorial Bridge toll is $4.00, Southbound only.
Delaware I-95 (JFK Mem. Hwy) toll $4.00
Maryland JFK Mem. Hwy Toll $8.00, northbound only
Baltimore area tolls (pick a route: I895: Harbor Tunnel, I95: Fort McHenry Tunnel, I695: Francis Scott Key Bridge) $4.00

There are express/HOV toll lanes available along the route in MD and VA, with demand based pricing.

NJ Turnpike end to end is $13.85 cash/EZPass. (EZPass off peak discount is only for Turnpike Authority EZPass customers.)
Baltimore area tolls (pick a route: I895: Harbor Tunnel, I95: Fort McHenry Tunnel, I695: Francis Scott Key Bridge) $4.00

There are express/HOV toll lanes available along the route in MD and VA, with demand based pricing.
thanks for the prices! I remember being surprised at the cost of tolls my last trip down.

That north-bound MD toll is brutal. And then, of course, the NY-NJ Hudson River tolls are in their own league. Ugh.

The local Orlando TV news remarked about the I-4 Ultimate Project's conclusion in 2021. :hourglass

And then the program noted that another stretch of I-4 construction will commence. :crazy2:

The local Orlando TV news remarked about the I-4 Ultimate Project's conclusion in 2021. :hourglass

And then the program noted that another stretch of I-4 construction will commence. :crazy2:

I can't exactly "like" this post.

The I-4 construction will never be done. They've been working on it for 20+ years. They finish one section and start on another. And then Disney goes and changes something and they need to add a ramp. And then there's the whole Crossroads demolition and ramp changes that will involve. No way things will be done anytime in our lifetimes probably.

I can't exactly "like" this post.

The I-4 construction will never be done. They've been working on it for 20+ years. They finish one section and start on another. And then Disney goes and changes something and they need to add a ramp. And then there's the whole Crossroads demolition and ramp changes that will involve. No way things will be done anytime in our lifetimes probably.

Indeed, no "like" is understood. After 46 2,000+ mile round trips (NJ to WDW) between 2002 ans 2017, we moved 59.4 miles from WDW. Now we take the FL TPK and 429 to the Western Way entrance to WDW. Best time: 57 minutes.

Now we take the FL TPK and 429 to the Western Way entrance to WDW.
We got a SunPass in both cars even though we live in NJ and now we take 417. We started doing that several years ago and it's worth every penny of tolls it costs.

We got a SunPass in both cars even though we live in NJ and now we take 417. We started doing that several years ago and it's worth every penny of tolls it costs.

We never used EZpass in NJ, but use SunPass here. It's an $8.68 toll cost for a WDW round trip from our house. We'll be back at the BWI next week.

[Thanks to the founder of this page for allowing us to remain a part of it since our mileage no longer qualifies us!] :rolleyes:

Closing in on 1.5 million views!

So, who's the next long distance driver?

We are finally doing another drive July 3rd.
We always drive for spring break but needed to use points before they expired. It’ll be nice to be able to bring down some things we couldn’t pack in a suitcase for a plane ride.
My only issue with driving this time is... We drive straight thru and won’t be there until the 4th around 2:00 pm. I really want to see the fireworks and I’m afraid we’ll be too tired.

Hey BC, if I recall you are heading north soon.
Bring your winter coat if you still have one, 36 degrees this morning.

Last edited:
Hey BC, if I recall you are heading north soon.
Bring your winter coat if you still have one, 36 degrees this morning.

A saw your FB photo of your thermometer! Yikes! We just got back from an overnighter at the Boardwalk. Gorgeous weather; mid-80s. Went in our pool when we came home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!