For a 14-hour flight, what would you pay to upgrade to premium select on Delta?

I generally like bulkhead seats. I only need my phone and headphones during the flight, so not having my bag in front of me isn't an issue. It can be a little annoying if your seats are right up against the bathroom, but even that usually isn't too bad.
Great! Thank you. That’s what I was hoping.

All this talk of bulkhead… We have Norse flight JFK to Rome in 2 weeks and DH recently switched from economy to premium (pretty sure there are only those 2 categories). He chose the front row, which I think is the bulkhead, right? I pointed out how many other seats were already booked and it seemed all were avoiding it. Maybe there’s a good reason.

He liked the idea of nobody sitting in front of us, so no reclining into us.

But now I’m thinking there might be more negatives we hadn’t considered. Any help appreciated. Thanks!
Yes, those are probably bulkhead.

In addition to having to put all of your stuff in the overhead, SOME bulkhead seats (at least on Delta) have their personal monitor on an "arm" instead of mounted on the bulkhead itself. The arm needs to be stowed until 10K feet and stowed for the last 10 minutes or so of the flight and taxiing.

All this talk of bulkhead… We have Norse flight JFK to Rome in 2 weeks and DH recently switched from economy to premium (pretty sure there are only those 2 categories). He chose the front row, which I think is the bulkhead, right? I pointed out how many other seats were already booked and it seemed all were avoiding it. Maybe there’s a good reason.

He liked the idea of nobody sitting in front of us, so no reclining into us.

But now I’m thinking there might be more negatives we hadn’t considered. Any help appreciated. Thanks!
It's a very polarizing debate. Some people love the bulkhead and some hate it. I am a diabetic that brings my own snacks and drinks on to the plane with me so I have everything I need. I don't want to have to get up and get into the overhead to get those things. I also have my phone, headphones, e-reader. In many airlines the seats are slightly narrower in the bulkhead than they are elsewhere due to needing to have the screen and/or tray table in the armrest. I'm 6'3" 210lbs, I can use every extra bit of space I can get.
Some people love it for the reason your husband talked about. No one with the possibility of reclining into "your" space. There is usually a few extra inches of space on the floor. On many airlines you can get out from the window without disturbing the other pax.

when we were flying from chicago to london just a few days before we left I was checking our resverations to see we had an offer from american 350$ PP for first class I jumped on that deal fast

so glad I did it--the lounge was wonderful so quite and all the food and drink they had out
I surprissed my DH with this and it was funny cause we took the coach USA bus from Milwaukee to Chicago
so decided on the noon bus--so day before DH says maybe we can take the later bus which was just a little over an hr later
I talked him into keeping the ealier bus if we were going to be able to sit in the lounge I wanted to stay there a long a I could
he was glad to once he found out about the upgrade
oh and the seats turned into beds great sleeping

you will for sure enjoy the upgrade

It's a very polarizing debate. Some people love the bulkhead and some hate it. I am a diabetic that brings my own snacks and drinks on to the plane with me so I have everything I need. I don't want to have to get up and get into the overhead to get those things. I also have my phone, headphones, e-reader. In many airlines the seats are slightly narrower in the bulkhead than they are elsewhere due to needing to have the screen and/or tray table in the armrest. I'm 6'3" 210lbs, I can use every extra bit of space I can get.
Some people love it for the reason your husband talked about. No one with the possibility of reclining into "your" space. There is usually a few extra inches of space on the floor. On many airlines you can get out from the window without disturbing the other pax.
Great! Thank you. We’re going to give a try. It’s worth a shot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter