For a Split stay do I need 2 magical bands ?

the_grinch

Mouseketeer
hi i will be doing a split stay next year ,when i go to my Disney Experience I see that I can set up 2 magical bands, for the two different dvc that I will be staying at. Is there any way to set it up so one magic band controls both the dvc stays. Also I plan on getting AP passes for 3 out of the 4 people in my group and one will buy five day tickets only how will I link them to the magic band. Thanks for all your help

Magic Bands are the same. They just open the stored info. You can decline them, if you want. There is an option.
for the passes, you just enter the number......or they may be linked when you purchase.
Ours were, but not sure if they always are

Magic Bands link to your account, not a specific stay. Both bands will work for both stays. If you only want one band, you can just decline one of them. Your APs should be automatically linked to your bands. If you buy the five day ticket from Disney it will automatically link. If you buy it from a third party, you will have a code to link it to your account.

Magic Bands link to your MDE account. So do tickets and resort reservations. Any active band can access your reservation and assigned ticket. Tickets are assigned to a particular person within your MDE account. You can add your guests to your friends and family list within Your MDE account. No need for everyone to have the same type of ticket.

You can make FP+ for all guests in your account that are listed on your reservation.

FYI if you check into your new resort or room and people in your party are still in the old room, their MB's will no longer open the old door. Saw a couple locked out at CCV last week with their luggage still inside the room.

:earsboy: Bill

To reiterate others...magic bands are linked to your account. You can use the same magic band for multiple trips.

Yes, as others here have stated, the Magic Band is just a gateway to your info in their DB nothing more. Just an access code or
key is stored on the band...smjj

hi i will be doing a split stay next year ,when i go to my Disney Experience I see that I can set up 2 magical bands, for the two different dvc that I will be staying at.

You only need one MB for the whole trip. Whenever I see this question, I'm reminded of the early days of Magic Bands when I did a 3 way split and was offered (and figured I had to get) 3 MBs. On switch-over day, I'd forgotten and packed my second MB by mistake. So I asked at the front desk if there was any way to make my MB from the first stay "work". She very seriously took my Magic Band, did some magical Mickey Head to Mickey Head stuff, making the light spin and turn green, I was impressed and went "Ooooh!" and voila! it worked. Then I just didn't bother saying anything for the third part of my split, eliminated any show, and somehow my first MB still worked. So I'm now the proud owner of 2, brand new, never used, Magic Bands. By the way, on a split stay a few months ago, I was again offered two Magic Bands, just declined the second MB, and used the one MB for the whole trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter