for all disneyland experts...an ap ?

rsjj

DIS Veteran
i've purchased our aps, haven't activated them yet. when i do go to have it activated, do they do that at the gates when we enter? how does that work?

They have an AP Center inside Disneyland. You go through the turnstyle with your vouchers, and then go to the processing center. They'll take your picture and give you your AP right there. The process itself is about 5 minutes, but sometimes there is a line there.

thanx for the quick response!

the ap center...is that open all the time, while the park is open? or are they only open during "business hours", like 9-5? i really appreciate it! :flower:

The AP center is generally open during all regular park hours.

When we got our AP's (back in April 2003) the processing center did not open until 3pm. You can always find out at City Hall when the processing center will be open.

Right now the AP Processing is a little hard to find. It's located under Space Mountain, where they used to have the pictures you can purchase from the ride. Just be sure to ask at City Hall what time the hours are so you won't waste a walk over there.

Also, you need to activate within 3 months of purchasing the AP.

if i am planning to go to activate my ap, can i go any day, regardless of block out dates for my specific ap? or must i follow the blockout dates and not go on those? hope i'm making myself clear.... :flower:

And there's also an AP center in DCA now, to the left at the entrance, between Greetings (store) and the gates. Saw it last week for the first time. I'd think the lines would be shorter there since it's so new.

Just an idea . . .

I was told that the AP center in CA was just for renewals - I am not positive if that is true or not - but I think it is. We just activated our AP in January during regular park hours -at the Space Mountain area. The line and wait was ridiculously long. In fact the longest line we were in the whole trip. Don't know why it takes so long. I would say allow at least an hour. Unless this was a fluke, but it was a cold rainy night in January - not high season!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter