For those folks driving!

We usually stop in Orangeburg SC on the way down. I wouldn't mind making it to the Richmond Hill/Savannah area, but find that we are all ready to stop by the time we get to Orangeburg. One of my co-workers stayed at R.Hill and was happy w/ that. I am not sure which hotel she stayed at. Sorry, but I don't know of any particular hotels w/ indoor pools. That would be really nice for some relaxation, though!

We usually stop in Orangeburg SC on the way down. I wouldn't mind making it to the Richmond Hill/Savannah area, but find that we are all ready to stop by the time we get to Orangeburg. One of my co-workers stayed at R.Hill and was happy w/ that. I am not sure which hotel she stayed at. Sorry, but I don't know of any particular hotels w/ indoor pools. That would be really nice for some relaxation, though!

I am leaving next weekend for disney from Chesapeake VA, and it will take us at least 13 hours to get there. There is really no part of VA that will allow you to get to Disney in 10 hours. At least I don't think so. Hope that helps,

We are leaving saturday from chesapeake and we will be stopping at the La Quinta Inn in Savannah, i am not sure about a pool, but it is right off of 95 and has a Dennys and a shoneys right across the street for breakfast the next day. Plus really clean cheap rooms. it will take about 8 hours to get there and then another 4-5 to disney!

hannahsmomma
When you get back could you please give me an update on the time, traffic and LaQuinta($?). My little girls will be 3 and 4 1/2 when we go so I just want to make sure we have all our ducks in a row! My wife seems to think all we would need is a place to let them play around, but we will be getting there around 5-6 pm so I thought a pool would be nice.
I did find a Comfort Inn & Suites in Savannah with a total cost is $100 for the night, I could save maybe $30 to $40 by going somewhere else, but I am trying to make sure we can eat breakfast at the hotel to save on some time.

Thanks
Jerr

jerr-

100$ is not bad. I think I am paying 72$ and I am pretty sure there is an out door pool, but I am not sure. We will not be getting there untill mid night or so. So I was not big on ammenities. my mom just said they had clean rooms and it is right off of 95. Plus there is a Dennys Shoneys hardees and so on tight across the street. They may also have a continental breakfast as well, but I will be sure to let you know what I find out when we get back. :wave:

Driving down from Long Island. Stopping off in Santee, SC, rates are anywhere fron 58-89 a night.

I was curious, have you ever driven down before? Will you be travelling with children?

This will be my first drive down with children, 3. I've driven down 4 times before but all in my younger days.

FL is a dry tinder box so check for forest fires as some interstate roads have been closed due to heavy smoke. So ceck before heading out.

Saafend
I-75 is your bestbet. If you can make it to Tifton, goodplace to spend the night. There is aMaster Motel, resonable and Cracker Barrel.

:cool1: Exit 38 in Georgia has several new hotels...also exit 36 hotels are all old...what ever you do do not expect to find a hotel in savannah or the brunswick georgia area the first two weeks of June! There is a BIG G-8 Summit (International Goverment Meeting) and there will be no rooms to be had. Also fill your Gas tanks before you get to Florida...Gas is 15 to 20 cents a gallon cheaper in Georgia!

We hit the Balt beltway about 8pm and the DC beltway around 8:45 or 9 pm. Traffic is really thinning out and we have NO problem managing with our 27 ft trailer. Although it isn't as scenic as I-81, it is shorter by a good bit.

A definite consideration as we drive straight through.

Unifan is right on the money about gas being cheaper in Georgia than in Florida.

Gas is also much cheaper in South Carolina than it is in North Carolina.

Just got back from our first WDW trip Saturday. On the way down we stopped in Savannah at the La Quinta Inn and there were no vaccancies, fortunatley we had reservations. On the way back we just winged it and stopped in brunswick at the hampton Inn and it was wonderful! We even got a free breakfast! Also, Gas prices are really about the same everwhere. Only a few cent difference between the states. Oh, and absolutley do not stop at south of the border, it is the dirtiest most disgusting place I have ever been in! Ignore the catchy billboards! Hope everyone has a safe and fun trip.:bounce:

I'm driving down with my two DBrothers (6,15) on July 10. We'll be leaving Albany at 6 a.m. so we hope to miss the traffic in NYC, DC. Should be okay.... I think. I was planning on stopping in Rocky Mount, but I should be there by 4 p.m., so I was hoping to go a little farther south to cut in on the drive time on day two. Any suggestions?

What route are you taking?
Would you mind reporting your findings when you return?
I'm driving from mass for the first time and am curious of in experience you could provide.

Thanks.

I figured I would take the NYS Thurway to the Jersey Turnpike and jump on 95. I understands everyone's concerns about traffic, but I think we'll hit the road at the right time to make sure everything goes smoothly. I have no problem letting you know how the ride is.

Gas Price for reg unleaded exit 36 in Ga....Racetrac $1.62 and $1.62 at the el cheapo as of Apr 28th :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter