For those who RECENTLY rented from Alamo @ MCO....

..Worse case scenerio, the kids will have to hold their luggage on their laps. lol

We've done that. One time we were staying offsite in a house for two weeks and wound up with a Dodge Caliber. The kids had bags on their lap and maybe between them, but just for that initial 30 minute or so ride and the one back to MCO. Rest of the time it was fine.

Silly question, but where is the Alamo parking garage? I am somewhat familiar with MCO. We will be getting our luggage on the Southwest side of the terminal. Then where do we go? And has anyone ever been giving an additional driver option for free?[/QUOTE

I believe the garage is across from the baggage claim, someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Silly question, but where is the Alamo parking garage? I am somewhat familiar with MCO. We will be getting our luggage on the Southwest side of the terminal. Then where do we go? And has anyone ever been giving an additional driver option for free?

It's in the middle of the terminal. Southwest is near the end, so just go down that one level to the rental car level, then you walk to approximately the middle of the terminal, cross a street and Alamo is on the ground level and left side of the parking garage. 5 minute or so walk...(much easier if you have wheeled luggage or get one of those carts...and do the online checkin)

As far as the free driver goes, try to find a discount code that includes the free driver...and make sure you do the "paperwork" when you do the online checkin. You'll also need to show both licenses when you exit. Costco is a good one for including a free driver, and I'm sure there's others. But make sure you qualify...for instance, if you use Costco for the additional driver and you're not a Costco member, there's a very good chance you'd have no problem renting the vehicle. Where you could run into problems is if that additional driver gets in an accident.

Once I complete the on-line check-in and skip the counter, is that set? or can I make changes or cancel?

Once I complete the on-line check-in and skip the counter, is that set? or can I make changes or cancel?

I think you'd be fine canceling. I'm just going to guess on changes...I'd probably make a new reservation incorporating your changes, do online checkin for that, then cancel your original.

I think you'd be fine canceling. I'm just going to guess on changes...I'd probably make a new reservation incorporating your changes, do online checkin for that, then cancel your original.
Thank you. We have a lot going on prior to our arrival day and it would just be easier to get one more thing checked of my list of things to do.

Anyone been down the aisles lately? Booked a Luxury sedan. We have leather, premium audio, nav, rear seat A/C, large trunks/back seat legroom, HID/LED lighting, etc in our personal cars, and am curious if we'll be disappointed with Alamo Luxury selection at MCO.

I've seen quite a few vids that show the actual selection varying wildly. Mustangs, Camaros, small BMWs, small Volvos. We won't be too happy with any of these, as it'll be four adults and we're going to be putting in some serious highway miles on most days of the trip.

Question...I was going to book a midsize, but because I'm an Insider, it said I could upgrade, same cost, to a standard. It lists Kia Souls....does anyone know what else might be available? Just curious. I usually book either a midsize or a small suv, never a standard, so no idea what might be there. Thanks.

Question...I was going to book a midsize, but because I'm an Insider, it said I could upgrade, same cost, to a standard. It lists Kia Souls....does anyone know what else might be available? Just curious. I usually book either a midsize or a small suv, never a standard, so no idea what might be there. Thanks.

Hard to say...Standard and Fullsize share the same aisle at MCO, so if you upgrade to Standard, you're essentially upgrading to full-size. What's in the aisle varies greatly and you might not see any Kia Souls. If I remember correctly, the past couple times I've rented from that aisle I've had a Toyota Camry. There may also be some SUV's and minivans (probably not the larger ones).

Hard to say...Standard and Fullsize share the same aisle at MCO, so if you upgrade to Standard, you're essentially upgrading to full-size. What's in the aisle varies greatly and you might not see any Kia Souls. If I remember correctly, the past couple times I've rented from that aisle I've had a Toyota Camry. There may also be some SUV's and minivans (probably not the larger ones).
So, do I just go up and hop in a car or am I better off asking what's available when I get to the garage?

So, do I just go up and hop in a car or am I better off asking what's available when I get to the garage?
I guess it depends upon what your needs are and luck of the draw when you get there. Sometimes, there is lots of variety in the aisle, sometimes not. One thing you could do is have a backup reservation for a larger class vehicle (premium, suv, etc.), then check out the aisle when you get there. As I mentioned earlier, your upgrade gets you into the fullsize aisle, so if you think something along the lines of a Camry (or maybe Malibu or Altima) will be sufficient, I think you'll be fine.

I know this is MCO alamo thread, but has anyone rented from TPA Alamo? Is it the same as Mco with aisles? Ex: standard/full size combined

We don't get in until 5pm. Have you seen what the selection is around that time? Do the lower categories have not many left?

I got in around that time in December and the lot was full. Mini vans were even in the mid size aisle that day. Lots to choose from in each aisle.

I booked a standard, and got in late around 8pm. Grabbed a mini van from the full size aisle. I didn't notice how many, just ran to the first one.

Just got back. Had 2 reservations through Costco for standard and minivan. Got to airport at 10 am. Full-size row had 2 pick up trucks, 5 minivans and the rest, cars. We got a brand new Dodge Grand Caravan.

I got in the van, logged into my Alamo acct and did the “skip the counter.” (You need to make sure your Alamo acct is 100% set up before your trip.) You can add an additional driver at this time. 2nd driver was free through Costco. I got the Alamo number from my Costco reservation and cancelled my minivan reservation. I did not need to print anything up. It gives you a bar code. I also did not have to show my Costco card.

Just got back. Had 2 reservations through Costco for standard and minivan. Got to airport at 10 am. Full-size row had 2 pick up trucks, 5 minivans and the rest, cars. We got a brand new Dodge Grand Caravan.

I got in the van, logged into my Alamo acct and did the “skip the counter.” (You need to make sure your Alamo acct is 100% set up before your trip.) You can add an additional driver at this time. 2nd driver was free through Costco. I got the Alamo number from my Costco reservation and cancelled my minivan reservation. I did not need to print anything up. It gives you a bar code. I also did not have to show my Costco card.

Very happy that you had success with this method. I hope everyone else does too.

How the heck are you all able to get wifi in that garage??? I have yet to be able to get my phone to work in there!!!!! I have had to wait until I get outside the garage to add my car to my Sunpass acct!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter