For those who RECENTLY rented from Alamo @ MCO....

How the heck are you all able to get wifi in that garage??? I have yet to be able to get my phone to work in there!!!!! I have had to wait until I get outside the garage to add my car to my Sunpass acct!!!!

I don't attempt WiFi I use my data on my phone.

I have T Mobile. I didn't use wifi. I'm trying to figure out how to post pics so people can see how the alamo garage is set up

I don't attempt WiFi I use my data on my phone.
Duh!! You know, sometimes getting old just plain sucks!!

Since my dopey dh doesn't seem to believe me, in short...
I have a 'standard' category car booked. There is no standard category aisle at MCO. This means I go to the 'full sized' category aisle. I choose from any car sitting in the full sized aisle. Am I missing anything?

Duh!! You know, sometimes getting old just plain sucks!!

Since my dopey dh doesn't seem to believe me, in short...
I have a 'standard' category car booked. There is no standard category aisle at MCO. This means I go to the 'full sized' category aisle. I choose from any car sitting in the full sized aisle. Am I missing anything?

That sounds correct. And if you do the online checkin ahead of time, you can just go straight to the garage. Skip the counter in the terminal.

That sounds correct. And if you do the online checkin ahead of time, you can just go straight to the garage. Skip the counter in the terminal.

Just too add you must do skip the counter to go straight to the garage. If you do online check in only all your doing is giving them your information ahead of time but still need to go to the counter.

We just got back from our trip. We rented a Standard SUV. I did the online check-in and skip-the-counter ahead of our trip. We received a brand new Jeep. Love that new car smell.

Just too add you must do skip the counter to go straight to the garage. If you do online check in only all your doing is giving them your information ahead of time but still need to go to the counter.
Absolutely. I always do skip the counter. For some reason, my dh doesn't believe it's this simple. Not sure why he even cares...he won't be there!
Thanks!!

Another vote for online check in. You walk in, pick out your car (keys are in them), drive down to an attendant who asked for my name and then pointed me to a manned "gate". I got to the gate and gave the man in the booth my debit card (used a Walmart Money Card in case anyone is wondering) and a copy of my return flight. Easy Peasy.

Just returned from a week at WDW and used Alamo. We arrived at MCO around 5pm on a Sunday and was happy to see plenty of cars to choose from. I was afraid they'd be wiped out, but I suppose people are returning them as quickly as they are being taken. We booked an Intermediate SUV through Costco for 7 days for $172. Costco was running a promotion at the time so we'll be receiving a $20 Costco Cash Card soon. We skipped the counter, there was no one in the garage to tell us where to go, but I found the "Midsize SUV" sign (which is what Alamo calls an Intermediate - it was on our paperwork as that). The selection was completely different from last year (did the same thing). This time we selected a blue Nissan Rogue with about 8500 miles on it. It looked and smelled brand new.

We chose to prepay for fuel, last year the Jeep we had used over half a tank for our week at WDW. The Rogue either had a bigger tank and/or got better mileage because we definitely drove more and barely used a quarter of a tank (oh well...). We had to ask the agent at the gate to add it, she didn't ask. The whole process was quick and painless. I highly recommend booking Alamo through Costco and skipping the counter.

Well, I got to MCO around 3:45, to Alamo by 4:15. Walked to the full size aisle, found a nice Ford Fusion, drive away. No problems.

...We chose to prepay for fuel, last year the Jeep we had used over half a tank for our week at WDW. The Rogue either had a bigger tank and/or got better mileage because we definitely drove more and barely used a quarter of a tank (oh well...). We had to ask the agent at the gate to add it, she didn't ask. The whole process was quick and painless. I highly recommend booking Alamo through Costco and skipping the counter.

The Rogue most likely got quite a bit better mileage. Jeeps generally rank near the bottom in that department. I'm sure you're aware of this, but unless you are planning on using at least or very close to a full tank, you're much better off not prepaying for gas. The idea is to return it on fumes, or as close as you can get. I've never had a problem filling up near WDW and returning to MCO.

The other point is you can book Alamo direct using Costco codes instead of using the Costco site. For the most part, it doesn't matter, but sometimes you can hook in a non-Costco coupon with the Costco contract ID if the coupon is better than what Costco is offering. (I have heard of cases, however, where there is a $20 Costco card rebate for using Costco Executive membership, so that might be an exception)

Anyone have any feedback on the cars available on the premium aisle? I have a standard reservation and a premium which is only $6 dollars more. I'll likely see what's available when I get there and then check-in but curious other then maxima what cars are available.

The Rogue most likely got quite a bit better mileage. Jeeps generally rank near the bottom in that department.

That was true in the past when Jeep had utility work vehicles. Today's Jeeps are mostly rebadged passenger vehicles. The Jeep Renegade commonly found at rental centers as an intermediate SUV is rated at 24/31 city/highway mpg. Rogue is rated at 26/33. A little better but not much.

Anyone have any feedback on the cars available on the premium aisle? I have a standard reservation and a premium which is only $6 dollars more. I'll likely see what's available when I get there and then check-in but curious other then maxima what cars are available.

I haven't found anything premium about the premium cars so I have never really noticed. From what I have been told before is you might get leather seats but I think thats about the only difference. I think I have seen Maxima, Taurus, Jettas, or something similars.

We've used them the last 3 trips. Very easy. We did everything online ahead of time. Got there, walked to our row, picked out a car, loaded in the luggage. Headed to the gate and off we went.
The last trip, we had one hiccup. The cost they came up with was different than I had online. Was glad i kept a printout. It took a few minutes, but they figured it out. I haven't prepaid as it hasn't been a big cost savings to do that, but after the last trip, its looking more favorable.

I haven't found anything premium about the premium cars so I have never really noticed. From what I have been told before is you might get leather seats but I think thats about the only difference. I think I have seen Maxima, Taurus, Jettas, or something similars.
Thanks! Jetta def wouldn't work but have the back-up if needed.

There are only 5-6 premium spots. When I was there in February, they were empty. I was upgraded to a premium crossover, and selected an Audi Q5. As we were loading up, they started filling the lots. Looked like an older Maxima and Chrysler 300.

We chose to prepay for fuel, last year the Jeep we had used over half a tank for our week at WDW. The Rogue either had a bigger tank and/or got better mileage because we definitely drove more and barely used a quarter of a tank (oh well...). We had to ask the agent at the gate to add it, she didn't ask. The whole process was quick and painless. I highly recommend booking Alamo through Costco and skipping the counter.

Please people, don't do this. WHen was the last time you coasted into a gas station on fumes? Because that's what you are paying for. If it has 16 gallon tank you just bought 16 gallons of gas! The rental car company is making a fortune

The Rogue most likely got quite a bit better mileage. Jeeps generally rank near the bottom in that department. I'm sure you're aware of this, but unless you are planning on using at least or very close to a full tank, you're much better off not prepaying for gas. The idea is to return it on fumes, or as close as you can get. I've never had a problem filling up near WDW and returning to MCO.

This! I even fill up at Disney and it's still on full at arrival.

Any info on what is in the Luxury Car aisle?

It's not an 'aisle", It's a few spaces. :)

There will be a better selection in the Standard/FS aisle but for just $6 more I would go with the Premium.
In the last few years, we have booked Premium several times and had a Chev Impala (loaded), a Buick LaCrosse, a Dodge Charger RX, a Dodge Challenger RT, a Ford Mustang (twice) and an Infiniti G35.
There were other vehicles in the aisle but these were our picks (sometimes you want a little luxury and space an other times something fun and sporty is in order)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!