For those who RECENTLY rented from Alamo @ MCO....

Booked Premium had choice of Nissan Maxima, Honda Accord or Buick (forgot model) Took the Buick it was large, leather, heated/cooled seats etc.

Booked Premium had choice of Nissan Maxima, Honda Accord or Buick (forgot model) Took the Buick it was large, leather, heated/cooled seats etc.

I would love to have Buick anything.....My guess would be you had either a Buick Regal or a Buick LaCrosse....i would absolutely LOVE either one of those!!!!

Full size aisle had a couple suvs, journey and sorento, a couple camrys, Malibu, Altimas all over 20-30k..,asked for a newer car and they let me pick an SUV.. took a Cherokee limited ..

Thanks for the info!!! Glad you got something you liked....have a FANTASTIC trip !!! :cool1:

Just booked for the beginning of our trip. Picking up at MCO 11/11 and returning 11/14 to the car care center. Full size $92. So we will not be assigned a car, just an aisle? I need to give DH DETAILED instructions. He and DD will be getting the car while I herd cats & luggage!!

I just got an offer for a free upgrade from mid to standard so I booked a 2nd reservation for that for $80. I am checking with you all again that there is NO standard aisle at MCO and I should be able to grab a full sized instead? Our party will be 2 adults and 3 kids (9,8, & a very small 6), 1 25", 1 22" suitcase and 3 kid sized carry ons. Would we fit in a standard?

No standard aisle at MCO. You will get to choose from the full size aisle.

Terrific! and I save a whopping $12! Every little bit helps!! Thanks.

Well I am back from my trip and I miss Florida so much. But onto my Alamo rental. I had a midsize booked with upgrade to a standard from 8/18 - 9/2. The reservation showed a picture of a Buick Verano that we were really hoping for. I was supposed to pick up at 11pm but due to weather my flight was delayed and we arrived at MCO at 2am!!! We dreaded to see the slim pickin's on the fullsize aisle. After all, it was 2am Friday nite/Saturday morning. There were 2 Nissan Altima's, 2 Hyundai Sonata's, a few pickup trucks and 1 Jeep Cherokee on the fullsize aisle. They all looked a little older and worn. The Jeep Cherokee looked newer and spacious so we chose that but the keys were locked inside. DH stayed with the car while I searched for an attendant. There was no one at the booth. Then the lady that checked us in came over to help someone else. She saw us waiting and said she would get someone right away to unlock the Jeep. Then she noticed a whole row of newer Chevy Impalas on the premium aisle and asked if we would rather have one of those or the Jeep. My husband practically dropped everything and ran to a Candy Apple Red Impala. :laughing: :car:

The car still had a new car smell and drove like a dream. It made it easier to accept the rental fee of $463 for 14 days!! :rolleyes:

Then she noticed a whole row of newer Chevy Impalas on the premium aisle

Congrats! That's a full size option, not premium though. They were parked in the wrong spot I guess. I still love to get them though. I always shoot for an impala or altima whenever I rent full size. Best options IMHO (and I've driven them all, many, many times so I have a pretty good basis for comparison!)

Congrats! That's a full size option, not premium though. They were parked in the wrong spot I guess. I still love to get them though. I always shoot for an impala or altima whenever I rent full size. Best options IMHO (and I've driven them all, many, many times so I have a pretty good basis for comparison!)

Chevy Impalas are Premium cars at ERAC. (Enterprise/National/Alamo)

Well that's one way to stealthily raise prices. Thinking I was going nuts, I just read through some flyertalk forums, and sure enough, Impala is now a premium car as of January, 2017. I will now go drink some OJ directly out of my 59oz (formerly half gallon) carton to cope with this news.

Flew in Saturday, 9/2 and in the full size aisle there were 2 Camry's and about 12 full size SUV's. We got an XLT Expedition and only paid for a mid size (free upgrade from standard).

Flew in Saturday, 9/2 and in the full size aisle there were 2 Camry's and about 12 full size SUV's. We got an XLT Expedition and only paid for a mid size (free upgrade from standard).

Congrats !!! Now that's a STEAL OF A DEAL !!!! But with the increase in gas prices, I am sure there will continue to be SUV's offered. But regardless....you got a great deal. A full size SUV for the price of a midsize....you cannot beat that!!!!

Yes...there were about 10 of them parked in the Premium spots. Alamo does classify them as premium cars now.
When my DH spotted the candy apple red one he just had to have it no matter what it was considered!! :lmao:

Whether that's a bug or a feature is in the eyes of the beholder. For me, a Camry would be much preferred to driving a full size SUV. We drive an Accord and a Civic at home. We were "upgraded" to an Expedition once when we picked up a rental at the Dolphin for a week-long post-WDW beach stay (no chance to choose my own vehicle from the full size aisle, since cars are pre-assigned at the Dolphin and nothing smaller was readily available). By the end of the week, I was just about up-to-speed on lane changes and parking with the SUV.

I am going in December and have a mini van reserved, Due to 4 adults, 1 tween, 1 infant and lots of luggage and stroller. I am thinking if I should book a standard car and see if there is any mini vans in the row and if not then just use the mini van rental. Mini Vans in December are like $500 but they have a standard for $218.

It's shoulder season in Orlando as kids are back in school from summer break. The rental companies now have a glut of large SUV's/Minivans.

I am going in December and have a mini van reserved, Due to 4 adults, 1 tween, 1 infant and lots of luggage and stroller. I am thinking if I should book a standard car and see if there is any mini vans in the row and if not then just use the mini van rental. Mini Vans in December are like $500 but they have a standard for $218.

Book both, although I would not count on it in December. Disney traffic picks back up. September/October/Early November are the slow periods.

It's shoulder season in Orlando as kids are back in school from summer break. The rental companies now have a glut of large SUV's/Minivans.

Book both, although I would not count on it in December. Disney traffic picks back up. September/October/Early November are the slow periods.

I did but won't hold my breath. Unfortunately I have a min van booked for a day after we arrived due to finding a deal on a flight. So I have to pick up a mini van on Dec 7 then go back on Dec 8th and do it all over again unless a better rate comes up. These rates are out of control

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter