For those who RECENTLY rented from Alamo @ MCO....

We picked up our Alamo rental at 11:45 pm Sept 3. We had rented a full size and in that aisle our options were Toyota Camry (lots of these) Nissan Altima, Hyundai Sonata (lots of these too) a Jeep, a truck and a Nissan Rogue. We took the Rogue. It only had 2600 miles on it and it was a great rental for our 11 days. We would definitely rent with Alamo again.

We picked up our Alamo rental at 11:45 pm Sept 3. We had rented a full size and in that aisle our options were Toyota Camry (lots of these) Nissan Altima, Hyundai Sonata (lots of these too) a Jeep, a truck and a Nissan Rogue. We took the Rogue. It only had 2600 miles on it and it was a great rental for our 11 days. We would definitely rent with Alamo again.
Those options sound grest to me. Camry, Altima, or Sonata are all great rides for the two of us with plenty of trunk space.

Congrats !!! Now that's a STEAL OF A DEAL !!!! But with the increase in gas prices, I am sure there will continue to be SUV's offered. But regardless....you got a great deal. A full size SUV for the price of a midsize....you cannot beat that!!!!
It worked out great! We were hoping for a minivan, and loved the extra space. We ended up keeping the car for an extra 2 days because of Irma and we only paid the $14 daily rate from the original reservation. Awesome deal!

It worked out great! We were hoping for a minivan, and loved the extra space. We ended up keeping the car for an extra 2 days because of Irma and we only paid the $14 daily rate from the original reservation. Awesome deal!

Definitely an AWESOME DEAL !!!!

We didn't rent from MCO but from RSW (Ft Myers) in April.

DH forgot to put in the skip the counter for the 7 seater van so we both went and they offered us an 8 seater for $100 more. Well I was happy-we were in sunny FL and no school/work for 10 days. We looked at each other and said sure. There would be a few days when we had 8 anyways.

So we go back to the kiosk and they couldn't find an 8 seater. Then they said they were going to upgrade us to an 8 seater SUV, I asked if it was the one with the big back/trunk and the lady said yes.

Out comes a Ford Expidition (I think I know it was Ford). It had 8 seats, I put my carry on up front, went to open the back since there were 6 of us and I needed to put out 6 pieces of luggage in there and I said "NO". My DH came and looked and realized why I said that. There was barely enough room to put in 2 suitcases. We got upgraded to a traverse a few years ago and this SUV had as much luggage space as that. I knew our beach loading was going to suck as there was no way to get 7 chairs and a cooler in that (we were headed to my sisters house and she was going with is all week) plus boogie boards, fishing rods, etc...

The lady at the counter said "you can put the seats down". Um, no, what's the point of the 8 seater (BIL was going to come with us some days too...with the 7 seater we would of taken 2 cars) if we can't fit 8 people and all our beach gear.

So they looked again, it took a good 5-10 min. DH was ready to say forget it we will go back to the 7 seater van when 'cue the music' , holy mother of god....the big one came out. The Yukon XL....

Guess what we reserved for next April, yep the XL. Can't go back to van with all of us-DH, me, our 3 kids, my mother, my sister and occasionally my BIL. It was the most comfortable ride ever, we took it to the keys and back, up tonshark tooth Beach (englewood area) twice. Went out a few times with all 8 of us and I sat in the back and was comfy!

[QUOTE=So they looked again, it took a good 5-10 min. DH was ready to say forget it we will go back to the 7 seater van when 'cue the music' , holy mother of god....the big one came out. The Yukon XL....

What category is the Yukon XL? I am guess this has lots of storage space?

Premium SUV. Lots of room! We went to the beach almost daily-cooler, a few bags, boogie boards, fishing gear, umbrella/pop up tent, chairs-7-8 depending on who came with us. Scuba gear one trip.

Tons of space and very roomy! Like I said I sat in the 3rd row, in the middle, between 2 of my kids and had room. I sat in the middle of the van a few times with them and felt squished. I really don't think it used a ton of gas. I mentioned that to my DH and he said the same thing. I figured our ride to the keys (stayed in Marathon but drove to Key west for 30 min...not really into Key west) would cost us lots of gas money but it really didn't.

And the drive to the keys was comfy!

Sounds great. I am going to keep my eyes open for a deal on that class since we are worried about having enough space with the mini van.

Sounds great. I am going to keep my eyes open for a deal on that class since we are worried about having enough space with the mini van.

I drive a van and we have plenty of space, even if we go to the beach for the day, or day trips, or even overnights. But we take my mother and go to my sisters and she comes with us to the beach. We fit, fit the chairs but it's like a puzzle getting them all in the van.

If we weren't doing the beach continuously I would just get a van.

And when I started looking to book for April (13-23), I had sticker shock at the $1500-$2000 for the XL. I mean I seriously thought about paying that for comfort for the week! I was going to join Costco or book thru my sisters membership and she only lives 15-20 min from the airport she could of met us at the rental area. But then my DH said to look at BJs so I did. And we booked it. I am still hoping for lower but I am satisfied with $950ish.

I'm a bit late with my report, but on August 22, I booked an INTERMEDIATE and got a GRAND CARAVAN! I was super jazzed about it. There were probably 5 vans to choose from.

Very nice. I hope I can get the same luck. Does anyone know what kind of car you would get with a premium crossover that says it seats 7?

I wonder if it's a traverse? We got upgraded to one from a 7 seater van one year. The only upgrade was comfort as there was not a lot of trunk space.

Sat 9/30 Midsize aisle full...of mini vans

Yea, yea I know...on many DISers wish lists. Not mine. Been there, done that, wanted a sedan with large trunk to hide stuff re split trip

I initially had choice of: 2 Nissan versas, a beat impala, couple of jeepcompasses.

I snagged a Camry that was just being parked as I stood there with 12K miles. Pretty basic but larger trunk than the Versa has

Several vehicles I checked were in 50k range, passed. I expect lower mileage with rates they are charging

Found it curious to see a few compasses parked across aisle in economy too

Just my luck I will hope for a van and there will be a bunch of Impala's

Standard - Ford Fusion...this past June. Most other years I always find a vehicle larger than the class I rented in. We always go Alamo just because the price is the most competitive of the bigger name rental companies. I like Dollar also but they don't let you pick your own car.

Sat 9/30 Midsize aisle full...of mini vans
Wednesday evening 10/4, midsize aisle had lots of empty parking spots..... and a small bunch of midsize cars. We saw a minivan and some other larger vehicles toward the end of the aisle, but when we got to them they were locked.

We took a Kia Soul, which I like, but overall was disappointed in the selection. Many of the supposedly ‘midsize’ are really just compacts. It felt to me like they put out cars that had tiny trunk space to force me to upgrade to the overflowing minivans.

Wednesday evening 10/4, midsize aisle had lots of empty parking spots..... and a small bunch of midsize cars. We saw a minivan and some other larger vehicles toward the end of the aisle, but when we got to them they were locked.

We took a Kia Soul, which I like, but overall was disappointed in the selection. Many of the supposedly ‘midsize’ are really just compacts. It felt to me like they put out cars that had tiny trunk space to force me to upgrade to the overflowing minivans.

Awww....its not good to get a car that you really aren't happy with. If it's not too much trouble, give Alamo a call. I have traded my car for another selection before. They will tell you to go to Car Care Center at Disney to trade it OR go back to the airport. They allow you to trade...just tell them you aren't happy with your selection for the price you paid. I am sure they will make it right. Don't drive in a car you really don't want. Remind them that when you picked it up this is all there really was. They will make you happy if you are willing to go thru the inconvenience. We rarely go to Disney so it wasn't an inconvenience for me. We were staying at a timeshare and planning day trips. After the first day with the car I knew I couldn't last another 10 days with it.So I called them that evening. They offered me a few places to go to make the trade. I chose the airport because I felt it would have a better selection. So 6am the next morning I headed back to the airport while my family was still asleep. I discovered a BRAND NEW Nissan Altima with about 300 miles on it. I was back at my resort a little after 7 because I stopped at Walmart. But I was glad to have a car I liked to get into and drive!!! So if you have the time, I say go for it if you can !!!

We arrived 10pm Friday 9/29. Booked a midsize SUV. Walked over there were 2 in the row. A Nissan rogue and a Kia something. The Kia smelled horrible. Got in the Nissan, and the back up camera was missing. My husband complained and they brought us over a 3 row Nissan Pathfinder, 12kmiles, clean on the inside beat up on the outside. Great ride tho!

Every agency that I could see had very little cars available. I really didn't check the other aisle.

Good luck!

We picked up our rental at 8:45am Friday 10/6. I was very surprised at the offering in the full size aisle. There was one sonata, one Altima, one Dodge Journey. and 7 full size pick up trucks including ford f150’s and nissan Titans I took the Dodge Journey with 26,000 Miles. It was the only SUV type. I am happy which what I got but would have preferred a minivan. I just don’t see how a huge pickup truck would have worked for us (family of 4).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!