For those who RECENTLY rented from Alamo @ MCO....

We arrived 10pm Friday 9/29. Booked a midsize SUV. Walked over there were 2 in the row. A Nissan rogue and a Kia something. The Kia smelled horrible. Got in the Nissan, and the back up camera was missing. My husband complained and they brought us over a 3 row Nissan Pathfinder, 12kmiles, clean on the inside beat up on the outside. Great ride tho!

Every agency that I could see had very little cars available. I really didn't check the other aisle.

Good luck!
I love my pathfinder. I wish we had that as a choice.

We arrived on 9-29 around 3pm. I had reserved a full size SUV(Tahoe) and when we made it out to the lot they said they were completely out. They upgraded us to a Chevy Suburban with every option known to man. We didn't get to pick, they just advised they assigned us the Suburban. I did notice they had plenty of pickups on the mid-size isle and a lot of minivans as well.

Just there yesterday. Paid for the full size. We did the order a standard car thing but no standard aisle. There were a bunch of dodge caravans, one pickup and some ford fusions in the aisle. Got the minivan.

When we arrived last week, the whole Full Size aisle was full of mini-vans and there were several pickup trucks.
It was just the DW and I we didn't want any of these.
Spoke to a lot attendant and they told me to pick something from the Premium aisle.
We grabbed a shiny new black Dodge Challenger with 2k on the clock and all the bells and whistles.
Gate attendant didn't even blink when I told him what the other attendant had said and scanned the Challenger out as the FS that I had booked.
It's been a blast to drive this last week...so far, no speeding tickets :)

We had a standard booked for pickup on 10/21 around 10:30am. There were a bunch of minivans; a few trucks; some Jeep SUV types; and for cars there were a few VWs, Hyundais and Toyotas. We grabbed a minivan :)

Picked up our mid-sized SUV from Alamo on the 18th around 5 pm. It was the only one left in the aisle, a Kia something or other. With 4 adults and our luggage we were packed in.

Midsize on 10/1 at 10am, lots of kias and Coronas, minivans, then a Jeep Cherokee, 3 total, 2 were limited. Took the limited one with black leather seats and 15k. Rode nice. Kept it for 13 days.

Just back, we booked the 8 seater minivan, they were all Kia Sorrentos. Which was ok, they are same size as a Toyota Sienna (huge).

We booked a standard/full size for 10/25, got there around 6:30am and got a Nissan Altima. There were also some minivans and Jeep SUVs.

We booked an Intermediate SUV for pick-up on 11/6. We found 3 minivans, a lot of jeeps, one Ford Escape, etc. on the aisle. We took one of the minivans to make sure we had room for luggage.

Just picked up Friday 11/17 at 1030a and we had reserved a full size. Trucks, Jeep, a Dodge Journey, a couple of dodge caravans and a variety of full size vehicles.

We arrived on 11/10/17 at 10:00 am, we reserved a standard size (full size), we for a 2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium. Husbeast said it was a very good car, very comfy and great gas mileage we only used a 1/2 tank for the whole week. In our class there were some Toyota Camry’s and Nissan Maxima’s also. Trunk space was limited due to it being a hybrid but just enough for just the 2 of us (brought 2 carry ons, 1 large checked bag and a back pack and laptop bag which filled the trunk).

We arrived on Dec 4th and the full size aisle had several mini vans, a number of Ford Fusions, a Camry with 28,000 miles, and one SUV. Somebody beat us to the SUV, so we took a hybrid Fusion with only 630 miles on it. Just the wife an I so it was perfect. When you start the engine, you don't even hear it turn on.

Could someone please confirm that if I rent a standard car, then I will get a full-size because the standard aisle doesn't exist? I'm leaving in 2 weeks and would like to have the most recent reports. Thanks!

BTW, when I booked on Costco, there's no place for me to put Alamo Insider #. Then how do I take advantage of being a member (if there's any advantage)?

Last edited:
Could someone please confirm that if I rent a standard car, then I will get a full-size because the standard aisle doesn't exist? I'm leaving in 2 weeks and would like to have the most recent reports. Thanks!

BTW, when I booked on Costco, there's no place for me to put Alamo Insider #. Then how do I take advantage of being a member (if there's any advantage)?
My most recent MCO Alamo rental was back in January of 2017. At that time, I got a full-size car after reserving a standard car with Costco. I'll see next month if that's still the case, but someone else may have more recent information.

You can add your Alamo Insider number to your reservation by going to the Alamo website and logging in there. Your Costco confirmation has two confirmation numbers, one issued by Costco and one issued by Alamo. Just use the Alamo number to retrieve your reservation and associate it with you Insider account. The big advantage of doing this is that you can then check in online and select the option to skip the counter and kiosk and go directly to the garage to pick your vehicle. You'll be instructed to print out a "Skip the Counter" ticket that's barcoded and has a summary of your reservation information. Take this with and hand it to the agent at the exit, along with your driver's license and credit card (and possibly your Costco card, which I always include so I don't know if I actually need to do this). When I do this with a standard car reservation, the garage attendant who asks me if I need assistance has directed my to the full size aisle to select a car when I ask where to find the standard cars.

We had a standard reserved Nov 29th. Did skip the counter, and when we got down there we asked the attendant where we go for standard, and she directed us right to the full size aisle. It had several pick up trucks, a Malibu, a fusion, a few Altimas, and one dodge caravan - which is what we took.

We got n very late last night. Ordered a standard so picked from full size. It was half car/half pick ups. We were loading up a pickup when they just dropped off a caravan so we ended up switching and taking the minivan.

You can add your Alamo Insider number to your reservation by going to the Alamo website and logging in there. Your Costco confirmation has two confirmation numbers, one issued by Costco and one issued by Alamo. Just use the Alamo number to retrieve your reservation and associate it with you Insider account. The big advantage of doing this is that you can then check in online and select the option to skip the counter and kiosk and go directly to the garage to pick your vehicle. You'll be instructed to print out a "Skip the Counter" ticket that's barcoded and has a summary of your reservation information. Take this with and hand it to the agent at the exit, along with your driver's license and credit card (and possibly your Costco card, which I always include so I don't know if I actually need to do this). When I do this with a standard car reservation, the garage attendant who asks me if I need assistance has directed my to the full size aisle to select a car when I ask where to find the standard cars.

Thank you for your detailed information about how Costco reservation and Alamo Insider work. How early can I check in online? If I need to take the " Skip the Counter" ticket with me, then I probably would have to print it out before I leave home and take the 6-hr flight. Is that okay I check in that early? One more question is that if I "Skip the Counter" then I cannot add one additional free driver provided by Costco benefit?

Also thanks to the above two responses that now I'm confident to change my reservation from full to standard size so that I can save several bucks.

Thank you for your detailed information about how Costco reservation and Alamo Insider work. How early can I check in online? If I need to take the " Skip the Counter" ticket with me, then I probably would have to print it out before I leave home and take the 6-hr flight. Is that okay I check in that early? One more question is that if I "Skip the Counter" then I cannot add one additional free driver provided by Costco benefit?

Also thanks to the above two responses that now I'm confident to change my reservation from full to standard size so that I can save several bucks.

I can’t help with the extra driver question... but I can tell you there’s definitely no problem checking in early. Our reservation was for 6 pm, and I checked in around 2 pm the day before, right after I checked in for our flight. So no issues at all with checking in approx. 28 hrs before our reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter