? for Timanddansmom

cabmom

DIS Cast Member<br><font color="blue">The Tag Fair
Hi, are you flying out of Buffalo? Have you booked a hotel yet for the night before. I'm in the process of finding one. Any help you can give is appreciated.
Thanks, Marilynn

Hi Marilynn, yes I am flying out of Buffalo on October 1. My DH is driving me to Buffalo the night before where I'll be staying at the Quality Inn Buffalo Airport.

We stayed there for our mini-trip in August and it worked out really well. Our room was nice and quiet.

I booked my room, online, for October months ago and got a rate of $44.99. When we stayed there in August we paid a $99.00 hotel and park rate, which I booked over the phone.

There is a specific area where you park your car while you are away. They give you a tag to hang in your windshield. It is not a secure lot, but our car was fine. You can leave your car there for up to 14 days.

The free shuttle is "on demand" and when we were ready to go (after DH filled up on coffee and donuts in the lobby ~ I didn't eat so I don't know what else they had) the driver took us over. It was all of a 5 minute drive if that. She dropped us off at the SWA door where there is curb side check-in if you want.

Thank you Julie!
I'll look in to it. I found the Raddison for Gov't rate of $88 and up. I figure we'll have to pay close to $100 anyway for the night. What time do you figure we need to be at the airport so we get seats? Our flight is the 7:20am one. I've heard if you get lower alpha's ie; c or lower you can get bumped. I definitely want to get an A for the flight down.
What do you do for curb side check in?
Thanks again!
Marilynn
p.s I'm getting so excited about going!:bounce:

Marilynn, I have the same flight in October and it was the same flight we took in August, although it was 7:30 instead of 7:20. I think we got to the airport around 6am or shortly after. I was aiming for earlier, but we had to stop for those coffee and donuts for DH ;)!

We didn't use curb side check-in so I'm not sure about procedure. We were checking one bag so went to the ticket counter where there was no one in line! We just told the agent our names, she didn't even ask for the confirmation print-out and showed our passports and that was it. Got "B" boarding passes and headed for security check. I was surprised how easy it was!

It seemed like there were a lot of people at security check but it moved very quickly. I had a carry-on and had packed everything in zip loc bags, including a few clothing items, for easy viewing. Keep your passport handy as you have to show it again at security. You cannot get through security without a boarding pass either.

The plane was full but DH and I ended up with an empty seat in our row so I sat by the window and Dh sat on the isle with the empty seat between us.

When we arrived in Orlando, DH was changing planes and going on to Fort Lauderdale. He didn't have to worry about the checked bag (he would claim it in Ft. L) so all he had to do was get his next boarding pass. This time he used a kiosk and just inserted a credit card for ID, punched in his confirmation number and out popped an "A" boarding pass. So now I know how to use the kiosks!

For my upcoming trip, I think I will probably get to the airport earlier than 6am, just to be on the safe side. I was a little nervous not getting there earlier but DH said don't worry! ;)

BTW, I think it was the Raddison that was next door to the Quality Inn and we had to park our car right next to their parking lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter