For trip to WDW on Southwest do you buy EB?

You do understand there are cases where checking in at T-24 haven't worked our, and cases where getting even a mid-B means nothing but solo middle seats? It may always work out fine for you, but that doesn't mean it will work out fine for everyone.
Not sure how one couldn't checkin 24 hours ahead...you can do it on your phone or any device. And a mid b number will always get you other than mid solo seats. There is more seats than the amount of people boarding up to c group. In other words..there has to be more seats open than middle as there is more seats other than those than the number that boarded.
Only time you will get stuck with middle seats is c group. Cant happen with a or b. Not enough bodies on the plane vs seats.

Not sure how one couldn't checkin 24 hours ahead...you can do it on your phone or any device. And a mid b number will always get you other than mid solo seats. There is more seats than the amount of people boarding up to c group. In other words..there has to be more seats open than middle as there is more seats other than those than the number that boarded.
Only time you will get stuck with middle seats is c group. Cant happen with a or b. Not enough bodies on the plane vs seats.

If I’m on a cruise I don’t buy internet I can’t check in at 24 hours, so I make sure I have early bird.

If I’m on a cruise I don’t buy internet I can’t check in at 24 hours, so I make sure I have early bird.
When we did our cruise..the concierge..allowed us to use the computer to check in...so I'm sure thats an option. Unless someone is literally on the moon...you can check in one way or another 24 hours ahead.
I understand why some folks buy it..maybe money isn't an issue..We just aren't going to pay for something that isn't really needed.

When we did our cruise..the concierge..allowed us to use the computer to check in...so I'm sure thats an option. Unless someone is literally on the moon...you can check in one way or another 24 hours ahead.

Yes I suppose one can if they wanted to, but I don’t want to. I like disconnecting and I don’t want to bother to have to check in at 24 hours, so I use early bird to do it for me.

We didn't buy it in Feb and got around B27. Even with all of the medical pre boarders (tons) and family boarders (a lot that shouldn't have been) we were still able to get seats together just past the wings.

That’s where I am flying out of . We are on a 5:30 am flight on a Thursday morning. I did buy it , I was too chicken not too lol . I haven’t flown Southwest in 20 years because I usually like to pick my own seats . Thanks for the info.

We do not, but we family board (family of 4, two kids ages 2 and 5) and don’t mind sitting in the very last row of the plane, or sitting 2 and 2 or 3 and 1. We are flexible and don’t have any goals other than one adult with one child. I also check in right at the 24 hour mark, and have gotten A50’s once or twice. We are a hub city for SW so there are flights to Orlando every hour or two at most.

We also get to the airport early and if it looks like there are a lot of families, we line up for family boarding (old school SW style!) so we are near the front of the families.

If you can swing it, book a pre-7 AM flight. We travel to Tampa a lot, and we almost always book the 6:25 or 6:40 flight, and we’re usually one of the only families in the family line.
I booked a 5:30 am flight out of Midway .

that did not hold on one of our flights out of Philly. because of people staying on flight there were only numbers to if I remember correctly B15 and it was a full flight. you should have heard the A people complaining as there were no seats together.

Never bought it..never needed. Just check in 24 hours ahead and you'll be at worst a very low b. No issues sitting together or anything.
SW is the only airline we use. Always works out fine.
No one actually knows nor can say with confidence that what Boarding position you will get. I would hate for a poster to use your comments as golden.

It's more like your "you'll be at worst a very low B" part that would be the issue because that is not actually the case. It would have been far better to leave that out.

The poster wasn't referring to how to check in at 24 hours (at least that's not how I read it) but rather that checking in 24 hours doesn't always yield the results one hoped for. To your comment though you're not guaranteed to have cell service no matter where you go and sometimes you're not physically able to check in a 24 hours.

If your flight is one where passengers are connecting without a plane change you will find less seats available to you.

But from your previous posts it's like you have way different experiences than so many others;it's quite odd really.

Really? Let's see...
1) You're somewhere with no internet service. Or you're in a meeting, or movie, or somewhere else you can't use your phone.
2) A mid-B can get you middle seats if the flight you're catching originated somewhere else and people remain on the plane. Or, you're connecting somewhere and your first flight is late. You might have a mid-B, but you're boarding with the C's.

I'm glad things have worked out for you, but there's been plenty of reports on this board where things didn't work out. Saying anything as a certainty doesn't help.

that did not hold on one of our flights out of Philly. because of people staying on flight there were only numbers to if I remember correctly B15 and it was a full flight. you should have heard the A people complaining as there were no seats together.
That happened to us on a few occasions. Once, we were in a low A group and we were shocked when we got on the plane and it was already half full. It turns out something was wrong with our original plane, and this plane got rerouted from somewhere else. I’m sure glad we bought early bird.

We always buy it. It’s one less thing to worry about. We’ve lucked out with A assignments on every trip but one.

Nope. Never. I use my phone to check in at T minus 24 hours, even at Disney it's easy since your phone is right at hand.
First, I don't care who I sit by. I can survive without DH next to me. I'm no fragile flower, LOL. Even DGD is old enough to sit alone if needed. She will be flying alone now, they are moving across the country this summer.
Second, even without it, and with mid B's and with literally half the airplane being preboard and family board, we had no problems with seats together.

We qualify for family boarding and buy EBCI every time. We've had multiple flights to MCO announce that there wouldn't be family boarding because there were too many families on the way to Orlando

We qualify for family boarding and buy EBCI every time. We've had multiple flights to MCO announce that there wouldn't be family boarding because there were too many families on the way to Orlando
May I ask what airport you fly from? I am hearing Midway from Chicago cancels family boarding at times too.

I don't buy it for the flight to MCO but definitely for the flight home.
I *ALWAYS* buy it for the trip home. I would never want to be on a ride or have to wait to board a ride or for whatever reason step away from my last day of vacation to worry about checking in for my flight home.

We always purchase it for any flight on SW. We typically like to fly out early (5:30am/6am or so) and I'm not always awake and functional at that hour the day before. We have always ended up in A group using EB.
I'm usually at work. Since I work as a paramedic, there is absolutely NO guarantee that I can be available at T-24 to check in. I buy EBCI to make sure that it's taken care of and I don't need to worry about it.

Are you booking a flight likely to have continuing passengers (already on the plane) and connecting passengers (who check in 24 hours before their first flight)? Flights from BWI for example? EBCI makes sense. Do you meet the actual rules for family boarding? Two adults, children 6 or younger. Southwest, at least some GA, is starting to enforce the rules. Passengers hoping to take advantage of formerly flexible rules might also buy EBCI.
For our upcoming trip, I won't be at work at T-24 since we are flying out at 6pm and I am supposed to be done by 4:30pm. But since we are connecting through BWI, I decided to buy EBCI since it is just myself and my 2 daughters and we would like to stay together. They are teenagers, but I have flight anxiety so *I* want to sit with *them*.

As someone else pointed out, there are people who may not be able to check in at T-24 because they may not have access to their cell phone or a computer. Also, even if you have A or B positions, you might be getting on a plane that is already half-full so there is definitely a possibility that you might get a middle seat.

I always buy it. We don’t fly SW a lot so my brain isn’t wired to log in at 24 hours to check in. I like not having to worry about it. Just makes our life easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!