*COMPLETE* "For your safety no chanting in line" A Jan '18 Dining report

Joining in, what a great report so far - love your meal pictures!

Yep, I love the setting of T Rex & the great gift shop but I also would rate my meal a zero out of 10 after eating there. We also sat in the ice room.

Ohana - my DH said the same thing - fatty wings - it was a one & done for us.

Looking forward to reading more. Marina

Enjoying your report. So sad that your first couple of meals weren't excellent. I love SaTuli Canteen. I hope to try the fish bowl you had on my next trip.

that actually sounds good! this was Friday the 12th. did the kids enjoy it?
We were there on Sunday. They did, but not the real Ohana food. They had chicken fingers and fries, which they liked. Probably most expensive version I've ever ordered lol.

Rf2Pi3ol.jpg

with Turkey Bacon and Tater Tots $8.49

This looks really good and sounds actually somewhat healthy. I didn't know Disney had turkey bacon. I actually prefer that over normal bacon and it's healthier too.

Space mountain had a 100-minute wait by 9:45, so much for rope dropping. We got on astro orbiter to pass the time but had to be evacuated mid ride.
Space Mountain had a lot of issues that weekend. We had a fast pass for it and it was broken most of the day and had a 4 hour wait when we went back later. The fast pass line was all the way to the People Mover.

LN01zGZl.jpg

Carved Turkey Sandwich served warm on a Baguette with Dijon Mayonnaise and Pommes Frites
$15.99

the sandwich was a bit dry so we asked for extra mayo. this was much better than the french dip. Kamal and I split the sandwiches for variety.
This is what I always order when I go for lunch. I agree it is usually dry and I always ask for some mayo when they drop it off.

I wish this was included in the free magic bands. I love this color of pink way more than the included one.

I love this show. We watched it from our Balcony.

FOP is probably the best ride Disney has ever done. I'm so excited I got a fast pass for it for my upcoming March trip. And the quick service there is probably one of the best as well.

Cant wait to eat along with you. Enjoying your report so far. Thanks for doing this.

It's very helpful to those of use looking for inspiration or planning or in my case a little nervous about the idea of a ground up cheeseburger stuffed in a bao bun and how on earth it can be yummy. I'll find out those in a month and a half or so. Thanks for the reviews fellow Texan

Following along again!

thank you for reading and welcome back! :)

Joining in, what a great report so far - love your meal pictures!

Yep, I love the setting of T Rex & the great gift shop but I also would rate my meal a zero out of 10 after eating there. We also sat in the ice room.

Ohana - my DH said the same thing - fatty wings - it was a one & done for us.

Looking forward to reading more. Marina

Hello, welcome and thank you for reading! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. every time I write a bad review, I always wonder if people think i'm being over dramatic lol

Joining in!

Welcome! :love:

Joining! Everything looks so goood... can't wait to read more!

Hello! Thank you for reading! :flower3:

Enjoying your report. So sad that your first couple of meals weren't excellent. I love SaTuli Canteen. I hope to try the fish bowl you had on my next trip.

Hi! I love your TRs! no worries, we ended up with some awesome food by the end of the trip! The fish was actually really good! let me know what you think once you have some. thank you for reading!

Cant wait to eat along with you. Enjoying your report so far. Thanks for doing this.

It's very helpful to those of use looking for inspiration or planning or in my case a little nervous about the idea of a ground up cheeseburger stuffed in a bao bun and how on earth it can be yummy. I'll find out those in a month and a half or so. Thanks for the reviews fellow Texan

Howdy neighbor! I appreciate you taking the time to read! I'm happy to hear my reviews are helpful, hope you have a fab time!

We were there on Sunday. They did, but not the real Ohana food. They had chicken fingers and fries, which they liked. Probably most expensive version I've ever ordered lol.

LOL I bet! They should have a cheaper kid's menu. I can't imagine paying $28.xx for chicken nuggets.

This looks really good and sounds actually somewhat healthy. I didn't know Disney had turkey bacon. I actually prefer that over normal bacon and it's healthier too

Their turkey bacon is actually really good and thick. none of that thin fatty bacon.

Space Mountain had a lot of issues that weekend. We had a fast pass for it and it was broken most of the day and had a 4 hour wait when we went back later. The fast pass line was all the way to the People Mover.

That is insane! I wonder what the issue was? I heard it went down again at night.

I wish this was included in the free magic bands. I love this color of pink way more than the included one.

They will probably add it the lineup once sales slow down. As long as it's a hot commodity, they will continue to make money off of it.

FOP is probably the best ride Disney has ever done. I'm so excited I got a fast pass for it for my upcoming March trip. And the quick service there is probably one of the best as well.

AGREED! It's Soarin' on steroids. I am hoping toy story land will have a good QS as well.

Welcome Home

We had just finished lunch at satuli where I last left off. I was starting to hit a wall and was anxious to check out our room. We agreed to meet up with our step family later for dinner

Although we have stayed at AKL before, this was our first time at Jambo.

SfMsPNWl.jpg

Our room wasn’t ready yet even though it was 4 pm? So, we went outside to checkout the animals.

cEnLXZfl.jpg

personally, I prefer Kidani over Jambo, Not many animals were out compared to the other savannah.
PaeLLefl.jpg

CMs were setting up a fire for smores. The marshmallows were free, but you had to pay for the kit. This was a fun and unexpected treat! The CM mentioned that all Deluxe resorts do this daily.

G7L0Tevl.jpg

L0jE6QAl.jpg

We finally got a text at 5 PM that our room was ready.

ihRiRnwl.jpg

Room #5428 DVC standard view
We LOVE AKL. If i ever became a DVC member, Kidani would have to be my home resort. Everything about it is magical.

We rested for a bit then headed back to AKL.

niKNPV2l.jpg

I had a bright idea of riding Everest before dinner since the wait times were low. Like most of my ideas, this was a horrible one. I recently developed motion sickness and sitting in the last row while going backwards triggered it. There was no way I would be able to eat so we squashed Yak and Yeti.

k7MvOrEl.jpg

We watched the Harambe Village acrobats for a bit, very entertaining.
KfMSd2bl.jpg

And made our way to Pandora. what a beauty!

AK was nearing closing time but the night was still young. The boys wanted to go to springs while us girls wanted to go to MK. we split up and headed for the kingdom.

For Dinner we stopped at Cosmic Rays. I thought maybe getting a bite to eat would make me feel better.
9OkJMKml.jpg

8 piece chicken nuggets $9.99
Disney has the best nuggets, But Even magical nuggets didn't help. I said my goodbyes and went back to the room to rest. I was upset i couldn't spend all night at the kingdom but I had to listen to my body.

Kamal had Wolf gang express for dinner.
oahVlkzl.jpg

Spaghetti & Chicken Meatballs
Torn Basil and Parmesan $16.00
This is his favorite dish from WPE. Simple yet hearty.

TOTAL: $25.99

Last edited:
Reading trip reports is the best way I can think of to pass the time before my trip. It certainly helps when the reviews are honest and with pictures! Following along!

The spaghetti and meatballs are the best at WPE. My favorite. I always mean to try chicken nuggets at Disney because I hear they so good. I just never do it. Maybe next trip.

Loving the report. Keep it coming!

I'm sorry you got motion sickness, that is no fun and I could see how it would put a damper on your night. And that's really weird how your room wasn't ready until 5pm. Was this a DVC room or normal room? Because normal rooms are supposed to be ready at 3, I would have been at the front desk asking for an explanation.

personally, I prefer Kidani over Jambo, Not many animals were out compared to the other savannah.
I hope there are more when I go there in March. I'm doing my Engagement shoot there and I'm hoping to get some animals in the background

I'm sorry you got motion sickness, that is no fun and I could see how it would put a damper on your night. And that's really weird how your room wasn't ready until 5pm. Was this a DVC room or normal room? Because normal rooms are supposed to be ready at 3, I would have been at the front desk asking for an explanation.

I hope there are more when I go there in March. I'm doing my Engagement shoot there and I'm hoping to get some animals in the background

It was a DVC room, normally they are ready by 4. When I went to the front desk, the CM explained that they were backed up.

If there aren't enough animals out during your shoot, you can take the shuttle to Kidani. It leaves every 10 minutes. Your pics are going to be beautiful!!

Reading trip reports is the best way I can think of to pass the time before my trip. It certainly helps when the reviews are honest and with pictures! Following along!

Thank you for reading! I hope your trip gets here quickly!

The spaghetti and meatballs are the best at WPE. My favorite. I always mean to try chicken nuggets at Disney because I hear they so good. I just never do it. Maybe next trip.

Loving the report. Keep it coming!

I'm a sucker for WPE, everything is so good there! I can't believe you've never had the nuggets!! Hope you like them as much as we do.

Hollywood Studios
1/15/18

Today was a lazy morning, I purposely set our FPs later than usual to catch up on sleep. Kamal wasn’t having it, HS is his favorite park and he couldn’t wait to get there. Not like there is much to get to.:crazy2:

aVWKMkwl.jpg

We picked up Bagels and cream cheese from Zawadi Marketplace the night before, so we can save on breakfast. I wish the values had a toaster, we would have breakfast in the room daily. $9.98

Although it was MLK day, the resort and busses weren’t as packed as I thought they would be. We got to HS within 20 minutes. Not bad.

BTosYJAl.jpg

But first, Starbucks. Strawberry infused green tea with lemonade $5.99

9c4gNT5l.jpg

March of the first order had just started, Kamal was geeking out. He LOVES Star Wars. This was a first for us, I’m not even a Star Wars fan and I found it entertaining.

It was finally time for our TSM FP. We waited 30 Minutes and entered from the side exit doors? Turns out they had to take a track out to accommodate changes for Toy Story Land.

hxGNsn4l.jpg

We rode TOT, RRC and Star tours with FPs before I started feeling woozy again. It was time for lunch.

sqlhYhVl.jpg

We got to our 2 Pm SCI FI reservation 15 minutes early.

5alfewcl.jpg

CM passing out popcorn. Never knew they did this!

Tvr1jDwl.jpg

Water station

We were seated 10 minutes later.

HIh2Ahil.jpg

Started with…

NehWgDal.jpg

Fried Dill Pickles served with Ranch Dipping Sauce $9.00

They were ok, Soggy on the outside but crispy on the inside. I liked the Ranch sauce, very creamy.

Kamal ordered a Milkshake.

Bg29XpCl.jpg

Oreo cookie Milkshake $6. Typical milkshake, thick and sweet.

We kept it light for our entrees since we had a big dinner planned that night.

W0KEtrXl.jpg

Drive-In BBQ Burger
Our Signature Blend of Beef, BBQ Spice, Brioche Bun, House-made BBQ Sauce, Bacon, and Cheddar served with Crispy-fried Jalapeño and Onion Straws $19.00 (no bacon)

Kamal LOVED the BBQ sauce and asked for extra. He still talks about this burger.

WlHY3nMl.jpg

Sci-Fi Seasonal Specialty Burger $19.00 Our Signature Blend of Beef, Brioche Bun, Pimento cheese and Onion Straws

I liked my burger but thought it was very “heavy”. The Pimento cheese is very filling, I was only able to eat half. We enjoyed the fries here as well. Thick cut and salty, YUM!

Overall, we liked Sci FI and plan to return on our next trip. A QS burger is normally around $16, for a couple of more dollars you can eat in a nicer and unique atmosphere. Plus AP discount applies!

TOTAL: $80.12
(includes snack and breakfast)
FOOD: 6/10
DECOR/ATMOSPHERE: 7/10

Food only made me feel worse so I gave kamal my MagicBand and went back to the room to rest. He ended up with 21 FPs by the time I went back to HS o_O :faint: how did he keep his lunch down?!

yX3n2sKl.jpg

We watched star wars fireworks which were AMAZING! I don't even know half of the characters and enjoyed it. we walked around for a bit taking in an empty park. Once the new lands open, I know this will be impossible. We finally made our way to a DS bus at 9:30. Next up is the best meal of the trip! ::yes::

Last edited:
BTosYJAl.jpg

But first, Starbucks. Strawberry infused green tea with lemonade $5.99
LOVE

5alfewcl.jpg

CM passing out popcorn. Never knew they did this!
Oh how cute. I've only been there once years ago, but I don't remember this at all. Makes it even more like a drive-in movie place

I have this place booked for my trip in May. I'm on the fence about keeping it or not. The menu doesn't really appeal to me, but the atmosphere is really cool and different and I'd like to have my fiance see it at least once. It's a good place to go with just two people, I feel like it could be a little awkward with big groups how the tables are set up in the cars.

I'm headed back to Sci Fi for the first time in a long time during Princess weekend. Kamal's burger sounds delicious!

I have this place booked for my trip in May. I'm on the fence about keeping it or not. The menu doesn't really appeal to me, but the atmosphere is really cool and different and I'd like to have my fiance see it at least once. It's a good place to go with just two people, I feel like it could be a little awkward with big groups how the tables are set up in the cars.

I think the popcorn thing is new because I've never heard/read anyone mentioning it. I think you will enjoy it, definitely do it once and see how you like it.

I'm headed back to Sci Fi for the first time in a long time during Princess weekend. Kamal's burger sounds delicious!

Hope you have a great meal! his burger was super good!

Last edited:
The Edison

B4FDL6Hl.jpg

We made it to The Edison 15 minutes before our 10 PM reservation.

a8CmxDkl.jpg

We were immediately seated next to the band downstairs.

5cHqMi5l.jpg

The band was lovely, we had such a great time listening to them.

CKK5n12l.jpg

Water was waiting at the table

We had a nice but pushy waitress. She kept trying to scoot our chairs together and would wink every time she would come by. I’m a “bigger” girl, it takes a lot to scoot my chair. By the third time, I told her we were siblings and not “together”. Poor thing was embarrassed but we assured her it was fine. :rotfl2:

L4sI6NWl.jpg

I ordered a Roy Rogers (coke + Grenadine) and Kamal had water. Their grenadine tasted like black licorice, YUCK! The waitress said they made it in house, I wouldn’t order it again.

Here’s the menu since it’s still not available online:

DP7bsN0l.jpg

NleBbujl.jpg

HbR4KY9l.jpg

ohIyYAzl.jpg

I still wasn’t feeling 100% so I played it safe and went with the fried chicken.

m9lrl6Ql.jpg

Crisp Fried chicken
Crème fraiche, chive mashed potato $27

WOW! The batter was light and crispy. The sauce took it to another level, I had to ask for extra. I'm not a big fried chicken eater but this dish is amazing.

yMs7ApSl.jpg

The mashed potatoes were creamy and buttery.

Kamal ordered the NY strip steak

8xX7sFJl.jpg

Centennial Steak
NY strip steak (medium), fried peppers, goat cheese gratin potato $34

Kamal said this was one of the best steaks he’s ever had. What?! We’re southern, we have steak at least once a week. I was shocked at what he said until I had a bite….

PfXdVFJl.jpg

HOLY MOLY! That steak was amazing, so soft you didn’t need a knife to cut it with. The goat cheese gratin potato was heaven, very cheesy. I'm still jealous.
To say we were impressed was an understatement.

Btw4K18l.jpg

The band took a break and a juggler took their place. He was corny yet funny.

More pics of the restaurant:

16EOoBwl.jpg

AkxzG2kl.jpg

VWwquuvl.jpg

XeEiRB7l.jpg

tebCnD4l.jpg

1gfx9Pql.jpg

FNb97Yol.jpg

This was the one restaurant I was nervous about. it had only been open for 2 weeks and not one review was available. I didn't even know about the restaurant until I read about it on here :disrocks:
Kids are not allowed after 10 PM, AP discount is only available before 4 Pm:confused: and they don't accept DDP. This is what Disney was missing. An adult environment where you can relax and enjoy adult entertainment (not that kind:P).
Thank God there weren't any dancers the night we were there or that would've been super awkward. I’m glad we took a chance and tried it, It’s now one of our favorite restaurants.

TOTAL: $82.01
FOOD: 10/10
DECOR: 10/10
::yes::

We left the Edison satisfied but wanted something sweet.
q1j8y5sl.jpg

We each got 2 cupcakes. One for dessert and one for breakfast in the morning because vacation :beach:

cJ5vZdil.jpg

dYWsTWxl.jpg

(2) coconut, (1) German and (1) black & white.
Tasted just like the sprinkles we have at home, nothing new to us.
Again, no AP discount after 4 PM. What is up with that?!:mic:

TOTAL: $14.85
(They only charged us for 3 cupcakes:goodvibes)

We made a run for the buses, it was freezing! while running, a CM told us to stop running and that he had a surprise for us.
He was training to be a Minnie van driver and offered to take us to AKL for free.
JHPGfyYl.jpg

AHHH pixie dust! :cloud9:
This was the perfect ending to a great night. :love:
Have a great weekend Y'all!
[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Last edited:
Thanks for the dining reviews. Coming from someone studying in the culinary arts lends some gravitas to the reviews.

We are planning a Dec 2018 trip with my family of 4 and want to check out some new places we have never been like the Sci Fi and Edison. Can’t wait

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!