Forbidden Journey Seats? [IMPORTANT]

CinderfellaDisney

Earning My Ears
im 5'6", 289, wear 3x men's shirt (but some 2xs fit.) and 50" pants. Am I going to be able to ride in the modified seats? (we already know I'm definitely NOT eligible for the regular seats)

I know everyone is different but my husband is 6'4", 250lbs and he rode in the regular seats.

My DH doesn't fit he wears 2 or 3xl shirt but he is tall 6ft 4. Tall and big upper body is a bad combo for Universal rides. You may be ok if you are smaller. There is a big test seat to try outside.

My DH walks through with us to see the castle. Just before the sorting hat there is a point where you can get out.

It really depends on "where" your weight is. Midsection weight will make it hard because thats where the clamp comes down. If you can start a samll waling routine or even some light kettleball workouts.

It really depends on "where" your weight is. Midsection weight will make it hard because thats where the clamp comes down. If you can start a samll waling routine or even some light kettleball workouts.
I have a bit of a stomach, but it's mostly in the thighs, will this affect anything?

Please try.

The taller heights spread out weight so it's really hard to compare. My husband is heavier but taller, wears a 3x and a bigger pant (he wears pants at his waist NOT lower like many men do though) and canNOT fit yet on FJ.

DH has a belly, thick back. And big thighs. If he had one fewer issue there he thinks it would be possible. But he's out from the back of the seat, then he's got his belly keeping the harness up, and he's got his legs also preventing it from working.

Please try. The test seats and even the real seats.

Please try.

The taller heights spread out weight so it's really hard to compare. My husband is heavier but taller, wears a 3x and a bigger pant (he wears pants at his waist NOT lower like many men do though) and canNOT fit yet on FJ.

DH has a belly, thick back. And big thighs. If he had one fewer issue there he thinks it would be possible. But he's out from the back of the seat, then he's got his belly keeping the harness up, and he's got his legs also preventing it from working.

Please try. The test seats and even the real seats.
. Yeah, my belly isn't huge so I can probably suck it in, I'm just worried about the rump and thigh

Just be prepared that even if the test seats fit (go green) that the ride seats may not. We went with a group of friends with one big guy & tested the seats- he fit green and was told to ask for the outer seats. Went through the queue, was pulled aside and tested again. Again, was green and told he needed to ask for seats 1 or 4.

Got to the ride itself and he couldn't get seat 4 locked enough for the safety light, and the attendant just said he had to get out, no help or anything like the others had previously and like I've had seen before. I got off with him. The lead said they weren't sure what happened as it was supposed to go green if the test seats worked.

Just be prepared that even if the test seats fit (go green) that the ride seats may not. We went with a group of friends with one big guy & tested the seats- he fit green and was told to ask for the outer seats. Went through the queue, was pulled aside and tested again. Again, was green and told he needed to ask for seats 1 or 4.

Got to the ride itself and he couldn't get seat 4 locked enough for the safety light, and the attendant just said he had to get out, no help or anything like the others had previously and like I've had seen before. I got off with him. The lead said they weren't sure what happened as it was supposed to go green if the test seats worked.
And this was after the modified seats were added? Yikes.

And this was after the modified seats were added? Yikes.
Yes, end of this January. During the Harry Potter Expo and all of our first trip to Universal. Green on both of the test seats then no go on the ride itself.

Then on 2/1 the elevator exit was broken but no one at the front mentioned that- my husband can do the entry queue but can't do the exit stairs. The *only* option given was to go back through the entry queue- and all the people coming in. I don't know if they just didn't believe him in spite of his pass stating "no stairs" or what, and I don't know how they handled EVC guests that day- I can't see those going back through the way we did.

It does vary so much person to person. We saw the opposite of pp.......folks didn't get a green light on the test seat but TM told them to try the real seat anyway and they did fit the modified seat.

Someone reported that same thing on here a while back.

That's just weird.

It does vary so much person to person. We saw the opposite of pp.......folks didn't get a green light on the test seat but TM told them to try the real seat anyway and they did fit the modified seat.

I've seen this repeatedly.

It hasn't been true for DH, and there's only so many times he can try before he gets sad. He has a pituitary tumor and part of the symptoms is that he's a bit extra emotional. It's MUCH better now (the treatment is a pill that slowly slowly shrinks it down, and it takes years, so this isn't easy) but the emotions can still get stronger than I expect. (it also slows weight loss by a LOT, and it caused a good deal of his initial gain, though he was a bigger guy to begin with)

Do you think that having bigger thighs would affect the "over the shoulder" restraints? I've seen pictures of people riding FJ with the modified seats and they don't have the lap bar on the top of their thighs.

Do you think that having bigger thighs would affect the "over the shoulder" restraints? I've seen pictures of people riding FJ with the modified seats and they don't have the lap bar on the top of their thighs.

It can. If the thighs stop the restraint from coming down far enough. We have heard of a few people that has happened to. Make sure that you wear clothing that will let your thighs fill the space and not be formed into a certain shape. Stretchy stuff is best.

It can. If the thighs stop the restraint from coming down far enough. We have heard of a few people that has happened to. Make sure that you wear clothing that will let your thighs fill the space and not be formed into a certain shape. Stretchy stuff is best.
Would you recommend basketball shorts or maybe jeans?

damo is correct......it absolutely can affect you.......but it's impossible to say whether it would affect you as everyone is different..........it's one of these things you have to try........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter