Forest River Plant Fire

FtW Mike

DIS Veteran
Saw all over FB that The Forest River plant in Elkhart Indiana was destroyed in a fire yesterday. Happily no injuries or deaths have been reported but the Building is a total loss. Hopefully this doesn't impact any of us

I expect it will affect them at the RV Show in Hershey in September. That is when they show off the latest and greatest.

"Now, if you look here folks you will notice our new melted look. Makes it more aerodynamic"

"Nevermind that charcoal and plastic smell"

I'll bet they have some scratch-n-dent, mild smokey scented discounts available...

I see some out back! They're saved!
elkhart%20rv%20plant%20fire_1552451537-ABC57%20480x270.jpg

I am surprised that doesnt happen more often. I dont recall ever seeing a sprinkler system in an RV production building (not that there arent, just that I havent seen one in the few buildings I have been in)
This doesnt happen in a sprinkled/suppressed building.

Surely fire codes would require it, I would think anyway.

Be interesting to see what the investigation comes up with. With all the glue and plastics involved it would be a difficult fire to put out when it got started.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!