Forever Could Even Start Today, Wedding & Disneymoon Sept 17 update 10/1: Last Day, Budget recap

We also came across a large UFO crash landed in the street here, and I could not convince Zack that is was part of HHN. He thought it had to do with what they were working on in the building there... which was the Fast and Furious ride.
Haha-my sister thought the same thing! But I was sure it was for HHN and once I mentioned that she agreed with me!

What I don't understand, though, is why are the Potter ride locker areas so terrible? Tiny, and everyone going in and out the same doorway... that seems like poor planning. WWoHP in Hollywood is basically the same set up as IoA from what I recall, and the locker area/shop for Forbidden Journey is exactly the same and such a pain! Gringotts is just as bad I think. I understand theming/hiding the lockers instead of just having a bank of them outside like with the Mummy, but could we not find a bit more square footage somewhere?
I know!!! The locker situation for Gingotts was sort of ridiculous! Just way too tight and not enough entrances. For USH too, it seems people are easily able to cut the line if they get into the locker area and can skip the outdoor queue!

Universal Day Two
Part One

This morning, we decided to start the day off in USO again and then move to IoA. Every night that we were here USO closed at 5pm because of HHN and IoA closed at 8pm. USO always opened an hour earlier too, so we ended up doing this all three days. We got into the park just as it opened at 8am. This day, we headed to the right through the Hollywood area, past where Terminator 3D was. I’m pretty sure we were like, oh, it doesn’t start until 10am. We’ll have to come back and see it since it’s closing! Which was something we didn’t know until Raeven had said something at lunch. Spoiler: We never made it back. The one attraction that closed after our trip and we didn't go. Unlike the Great Movie Ride, Dragon Challenge... at least we went on Ellen back in January? :confused3 :rotfl:

This street was completely empty except a few employees. I actually took a few pictures this morning! I love all of the little details like the parking spaces, the stars on the sidewalk, and the window displays.

bgLah14l.jpg

F6SV58ul.jpg

R78zf5Vl.jpg

9ZxALIyl.jpg

QHaaTJGl.jpg

We didn't make it to the Horror Makeup Show either.

tdhmeFtl.jpg

We continued along towards the Simpsons area, admiring the area around Cafe La Bamba and the avenue of trees (which I took no pictures of... a recurring theme).

fTisjUAl.jpg

q8MkSMKl.jpg

We stopped to ride ET since we were in the area. Zack was kind of excited about this because he remembered it from Hollywood when he was younger. I've never seen ET :duck: so I was maybe a little confused :confused3 but I did recognize some of the iconic scenes, and I liked the bicycle ride vehicles for theming :goodvibes

LdCR0f0l.jpg

This is pretty much Zack's "Ugh are we taking a selfie face?"

Buddy the trip's barely begun! :rotfl:

We rode the Simpsons ride but didn't linger in the area. I never got that into the Simpsons and I don't think Zack did either, but it's a fun area. Then we hit Men In Black. I was confused about why a shooting game needed lockers until we got in there! Every time we rode the line was so short they were only loading one side, so we always had a magical empty car full of aliens across from us :rotfl2: It was fun even though I'm terrible at shooting games. We might have done it twice. Afterwards, we headed back to Diagon Alley. It was only about 8:45am at this point and the park was still really empty.

A73hIAcl.jpg

YS4dqDul.jpg

A lovely selfie to send to another friend. I was attempting to have it so you could actually read Grimmauld Place... but oh well!

Ksxh4CWl.jpg

I sent this to my first friend (the one from yesterday - we took a trip to London and Paris a couple years ago) and explained to Zack that this is a very realistic representation of what the Tube stations in London typically look like.

Today I insisted we walk down to the other entrance through the brick wall "for the full effect" :rotfl:

R8RWZTml.jpg

bPiJQiFl.jpg

6DdXOqcl.jpg

rr7SdxWl.jpg

This was the most people we had seen so far today, and they were mostly on this side of the HP area. The other side was pretty empty.

4dYFZcGl.jpg

ivADd06l.jpg

cpX4hxKl.jpg

After some photos, we braved the locker area and rode Gringotts twice. It only took about half an hour to fight through the locker area and go through the line and ride two times. So it was only about 9:30am at this point, and we were feeling pretty accomplished so far, so we decided we deserved a treat and grabbed some butterbeers. We got them from the Hopping Pot, which had a few choices fodrinks and snacks. I was curious about the Pumpkin Juice, and got to try it the next day.

dxhCutQl.jpg

VG70esBl.jpg

There's a few tables here, so we grabbed a seat and people watched. We had a poor side view of the stage when they came out to do The Tales of Beedle the Bard. They told the story of the Deathly Hallows with puppets that looked like the animation from the movies. We also had a grand old time watching people with their interactive wands. If you want to be surprised, my next paragraph could be considered a spoiler.

RUNfUk6l.jpg

There is this fountain, and if you use your wand correctly, it works like a drinking fountain. But it seemed if you messed up, water would shoot out of the top of the fountain. It worked like this on both sides. The water from the top of the fountain didn't hit where people would typically stand to make it work, it hit several feet behind them. Not only did you see people try, be confused it didn't work, and start to walk away only to be surprised by water hitting the ground behind them, or having water shoot over their head. But you also saw random passersby get nailed by a random stream of water! :rotfl2: Maybe we are just terrible people, but it was so funny. We sat here for about 45 minutes watching.

We finally headed out to hit some more of the park. First, we hit Transformers, and then the Mummy again - with a hair tie!

BPV9duol.jpg

iWZnhgyl.jpg

pM8vmSPl.jpg

And I don't remember the order for sure, but we then hit Race through New York, Rip Ride Rockit, Despicable Me, and Shrek 4D. And watched the Animal Actors show somewhere in there. I liked the posters along the Shrek line. I was also amused that the little movie playing in the queue line was advertising to pick up your DVD or VHS copy of Shrek in the gift shop :rotfl:

BeXTXatl.jpg

9JvmrF0l.jpg

I'll just comment on RRR here. I thought I was going to die. I'm a wimp, okay? I will say that the music on these coasters help, both picking your own like this or the soundtracks to the rides like the Hulk had. For me, it helps cover the noise of the wheels on the track (vs only hearing that at your local amusement park). Even though you don't really go upside down on RRR, it felt too close for me for that restraint:rotfl2: Again I went once, and then Zack went back through the line a few times. Really Disney's coasters are good for me and top out my thrill level :rotfl: Zack really wants to go to Six Flags Magic Mountain on our SoCal trip in April. I looked at their site and was like ....there's like 12 really big coasters :scared1: Does anyone want to go with him?

Moving on I know the last thing we did in this park was have lunch at the Leaky Cauldron before taking the Hogwarts Express over to IoA. The Leaky Cauldron was on my list, but honestly I did very little Universal research including food. No pictures, but I had the Shepherd's Pie and I believe Zack had Bangers and Mash. Zack liked his, but he's good as long as it's edible. :rotfl: I felt like this was better when I had it in Hollywood last summer, but it's obviously a little heat and serve dish so it's probably just all in my mind.

I'll leave off here for now. Coming up will be the rest of our day, and we finally start meeting up with wedding guests!

Last edited:
I'll just comment on RRR here. I thought I was going to die. I'm a wimp, okay? I will say that the music on these coasters help, both picking your own like this or the soundtracks to the rides like the Hulk had. For me, it helps cover the noise of the wheels on the track (vs only hearing that at your local amusement park).
So, we got placed in the front row, AND our music didn’t work! So it was just the sounds of us screaming! Never ever ever again!
I always used to say I was a roller coaster fan, but after Universal, I realized I’m a Disney coaster fan!

I'm usually a lurker but I just had to pop in to comment about your waterproof makeup issues! I totally understand! I'll see myself in the mirror and ask my husband why he didn't tell me my make up was smeared. He usually pleads ignorance and says he didn't even notice! Anyways, I'm enjoying your TR! :)
That's what Zack always tells me too! And thank you :)

Haha-my sister thought the same thing! But I was sure it was for HHN and once I mentioned that she agreed with me!
I think he was just holding out hope for something new... but his brother had to tell him when we met them for dinner the second night :rotfl:

I know!!! The locker situation for Gingotts was sort of ridiculous! Just way too tight and not enough entrances. For USH too, it seems people are easily able to cut the line if they get into the locker area and can skip the outdoor queue!
Aw man, I didn't even think of that problem but it would be really easy! I also hate when you're trying to use a kiosk, but someone is getting in a locker right next to it, and you wait a moment to be polite so they can finish... and someone tries to cut in front of you to get to the kiosk :furious:

So, we got placed in the front row, AND our music didn’t work! So it was just the sounds of us screaming! Never ever ever again!
I always used to say I was a roller coaster fan, but after Universal, I realized I’m a Disney coaster fan!
Oh no! I'm so glad we've had enough Disney trips lately that we haven't gone to our local amusement park, because I hate that noise! I probably would have cried :rotfl: One thing the coasters at Universal had going for them in my book was that you're feet don't dangle - that might be the very worst thing for me. Disney definitely gets me!

We had Mickey pancakes for breakfast on Thursday

VKpob4Nl.jpg

Adorable! Now I'm having a pancake craving, as well as a Mickey-shaped food craving.

I'm lucky (mostly) in that I am on first shift, but after down weekends they will often have us start up at 3am instead of 7am, so that falls on me unless I can talk my third shift coworker into covering.

The 7am shifts would be perfect for me...but you're a trooper for getting up for the 3am ones!

What I don't understand, though, is why are the Potter ride locker areas so terrible? Tiny, and everyone going in and out the same doorway... that seems like poor planning. WWoHP in Hollywood is basically the same set up as IoA from what I recall, and the locker area/shop for Forbidden Journey is exactly the same and such a pain! Gringotts is just as bad I think. I understand theming/hiding the lockers instead of just having a bank of them outside like with the Mummy, but could we not find a bit more square footage somewhere?

This is a good point! They're nuts!

And she was making this big deal about how they need to re-brush their hair and fix their ponytails. :confused3 I just remember thinking, who cares at that age? You're in a theme park!

Ummm...priorities! Wow! ...It's a theme park. And they're kids.

I also had to order a milkshake, especially after Raeven's showed up. After much deliberation, I went with the Heavenly Hazelnut – Nutella ice cream, hazelnuts, Nutella, cocoa powder, fresh whipped cream

Yum! Talk about "heavenly" indeed!

At one point the waitress mentioned we could keep them as souvenirs. All I could think was, do we not get clean ones for that like most places? Am I supposed to carry out this glass with the 2 inches of whipped cream on the rim?

:rotfl2:

We had a wonderful time meeting Raeven and Josh, and Michelle, her son, and his friend. Michelle was very sweet and treated us all to lunch, and even gave us a leftover gift card. Thanks again Michelle!

What a nie Dismeet!!

I always joke that it's hard to get in and out of Space Mountain in WDW and the Matterhorn in DLR, but they're a piece of cake compared to Ripsaw Falls!

So true! Nathan is long-legged and I wasn't sure we'd get him in there at all!

After we made it back to the room, we picked up our vouchers and apparently I didn't look in the mirror :rotfl: I had waterproof mascara and eyeliner for the trip, and it held up well most days, but today I had taken too much water apparently...

Baha :rotfl:It happens. I was all set with my waterproof makeup, too, until I realized that waterproof didn't mean chlorine-proof. Oops!

Anyways, Zack's brother had three day park tickets but when they arrived said they were going to nap first, so they talked about meeting in IoA later or a late dinner at Citywalk. But we didn't hear from them until... HHN opening time... because they were going... so no Citywalk dinner. Zack was annoyed by it, but more upset about not being told like that than missing HHN. I'm not sure if they wanted to go alone maybe? Which they could have said, and we wouldn't have cared. Zack even wouldn't have cared if they said that, it just would have been nice to have been told :confused3

Ugh, that's pretty disrespectful of your time and and your plans and stuff. Sometimes I wish people would just be a little more direct. Like you said, you wouldn't have had hurt feelings. Oh well.

I was excited to meet fellow Dis'ers @Raeven and @CatNipRules (Michelle) and also to eat here :laughing:

:thumbsup2

he was shocked that I had talked to people on the internet and made lunch plans with them

Well when you put it that way it does sound odd :rotfl:

So at this point, I'm going to tap out and send you over to Raeven's TR to read about lunch, if you haven't already. I couldn't do it justice after her report :)

Awesome Toothsome Lunch Story

I stole this group photo from her too.
9shz3acl.jpg

:cheer2:

I probably should have asked for no mustard as I'm not a fan

I don't like mustard either.

The cups were plastic mason jars with the Toothsome logo. At one point the waitress mentioned we could keep them as souvenirs. All I could think was, do we not get clean ones for that like most places? Am I supposed to carry out this glass with the 2 inches of whipped cream on the rim? :confused3 I didn't clarify though as we're not really in a position to bring home extra glasses right now... :rotfl2:

So I have one from when we went before, and I don't remember but I thought that washed them out for us? But they didn't offer this time and I thought that was weird so we didn't try to take ours either.

We had a wonderful time meeting Raeven and Josh, and Michelle, her son, and his friend. Michelle was very sweet and treated us all to lunch, and even gave us a leftover gift card. Thanks again Michelle!

@CatNipRules yes thank you! And you should write a TR!

I hope some time our paths will cross again!

Me too!

Toothsome was a fun place to eat too, and not just because of the company :grouphug: I didn't realize going in there were the characters around the restaurant, and the decor was also fun. We would definitely go back, or at least stop by for some milkshakes - it's always hard to pick where to eat on vacation when there's so many delicious options. We didn't make it everywhere we wanted to at US in 3 days or at WDW in 11 days.

We've actually never seen the characters on other visits so that was definitely the most fun experience we've had there. I don't think I could eat everywhere I want even in 30 days at WDW :rotfl:

and Zack had the Fly Boy Beef & Cheese Fries – French Fries, Beef, Jalapeno, Pico de Gallo, Vermont Cheddar Cheese

JiY34B4l.jpg

Those look good!

So apparently my waterproof makeup wasn't looking great at that point and only added to why she thought we were upset over something!

:laughing: Just crying because the fries are so good.

We really enjoyed Jake's and I would have happily paid menu prices for what we got because the food was so good

You've swayed me...I think we're trying Jakes this time. I was sad we missed it but I was just in way too much pain to go.

This day, we headed to the right through the Hollywood area, past where Terminator 3D was. I’m pretty sure we were like, oh, it doesn’t start until 10am. We’ll have to come back and see it since it’s closing! Which was something we didn’t know until Raeven had said something at lunch. Spoiler: We never made it back.

Oh no!

I was confused about why a shooting game needed lockers until we got in there!

I'm confused too it's one ride that really doesn't need them since you could put the bags by your feet.

Love your Griswold Christmas T.

QUOTE="amalone1013, post: 58506362, member: 569643"]
9shz3acl.jpg

I read about this M&G on @Reavens TR.

I also had to order a milkshake, especially after Raeven's showed up. After much deliberation, I went with the Heavenly Hazelnut – Nutella ice cream, hazelnuts, Nutella, cocoa powder, fresh whipped cream
UHM yes please.

I'm a sucker for pretzel sticks and cheese sauce
Me too.

It's Fastpass day for next month since we're off site! Wait, no it's not. It's Fastpass day for our January trip!

I blame unexpectedly having to go in to work at 3am again. And staying up too late, later than I'd planned (about 11pm) because... we got our wedding pictures last night! I love them :love:

I'm just here at work now... obsessively checking the Disney site for the FP window to open up - I'm paranoid because it opened before 7am EST for this September trip. I'm also obsessively checking the shop Parks app because I've finally found a Dooney purse pattern that I love and can justify the money for, and it releases this morning... It's loaded in the app but won't let you purchase yet :sad2: But it will be mine! The one bright side of coming in early today... at least I'm up and being productive between checking, instead of just ruining a good night's sleep! By 8am I'll just be like :surfweb:

Anyways, fear not! Soon my report will have so many photos you will be like, noooooooo moreeeeee! :rotfl: We got an additional 1300 some from the photographers, on top of my 2500 some from the trip (imagine what that number would be if I hadn't been such a slacker these first 5 days, or if I had my actual camera with me).

I'm also obsessively checking the shop Parks app because I've finally found a Dooney purse pattern that I love and can justify the money for, and it releases this morning... It's loaded in the app but won't let you purchase yet :sad2: But it will be mine!

OMG the pictures of the dog holding the bag...I can't even deal!

m8gNzyj.jpg

21n9btZ.jpg

OMG the pictures of the dog holding the bag...I can't even deal!
Right? Like, if I didn't need it before, I definitely do now! Especially because the tote was the one I decided to get!

I actually got two... I got one for regular price yesterday on the Shop Disney site (you know, when I got up at 1:50am lol), and I got one in the app just now with my AP discount. I just wanted to make sure I got it, but getting the discount is even better so now one can go back.

Hi Everyone! Today will be a PTR update and a short update for this trip report, I think. Then two days until wedding day! Most importantly though, I got notification that my new Dooney shipped! :cheer2: Priorities, right? :rotfl:

Not much has changed for our December trip. I booked a very late dinner at Homecomin'... 10:45pm. I have trouble imagining we'd need a reservation then? But oh well. I might have to have a celebratory cocktail :drinking1 I also saw just yesterday that the Christmas tree trail is now open until 11pm on weekends in Disney Springs. So we'll probably plan on ubering to the hotel (ended up switching back to the Hilton because it opened up and was a better price), dropping our bags in the room and heading to DS to see a bit of the trail before dinner. Hopefully we can get into dinner early if wanted/needed.

Saturday we're going to start in MK in the morning before hopping to Epcot before our Biergarten CP lunch, then spend the rest of the day in Epcot. MK is open until midnight this night, so we might go back over there after Epcot closes, depending on how we feel.

Sunday I switched our FPs to Epcot (Seas, Spaceship Earth, Test Track) so we'll go there and then to MK sometime in the afternoon for MVMCP. I need to buy those tickets still. Then Monday I've got FPs for MK again, and I imagine we'll need to leave between 4 and 5 for our flight home at 7:15pm.

Other than Homecoming and Biergarten, we're going to stick to QS to make this trip a little more budget friendly. So I made a list of some of the Festival Food Booth items I'd like to try. That counts, right? :rotfl: I figure we have time to eat at them for dinner on Saturday and lunch on Sunday (and possibly Monday).

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming!

Universal Day Two
Part Two
When we left off, we were headed to IoA. But we didn't walk between parks like mere peasants, we had a train to catch!

7O0cAsOl.jpg

Oh yeah. So on top of it with pictures.

This was about a 20 minute wait, which is what it was posted at. We had to laugh in line though, because in 20 minutes or less you could easily walk between the two parks via the front gates. Kudos to Universal for making it an experience. And it looks like Kings Cross, I love it!

Anyways, we made it to the front of the line and listened to a group argue about how many trains there are while we were waiting to board. :confused3 It was cute, but I guess not the most memorable because right now I can remember anything terribly specific? :duck: I'm a bad Potter fan. I guess if the line was any longer than that, or even that long... I would probably just walk between the parks. That's just me.

I snapped one more wonderful picture:

ERYlm2gl.jpg

:confused3
We rode a lot of the rides over again this day, and caught most other things we wanted. We watched the Frog Choir and rode Flight of the Hippogriff - those seats are smaller than the one they put in Hollywood. We missed Ollivander's somehow. On the way out, I took two more fabulous photos.

tp4Ceb8l.jpg

Hey, this one's not that bad!

PfBvOOOl.jpg

Oh look, a selfie in front of something... where you can't actually see the thing you're in front of...
We wandered back and forth in the park this day. First we headed to Jurassic Park and Kong, then Toon Lagoon. Then we went around to Suess Landing and rode the trolley again, then to the Lost Continent area. We debated eating at Mythos, or trying to the next day, but ended up not. We missed the last showing for the Sinbad show, but found Poseidon's Fury and headed in there. I wasn't sure what to expect from that, I didn't realize it was a walk-through show. It was entertaining, but I could definitely see some people not being interested and skipping it. Zack loved it. Zack had been watching on his phone all day because the Hulk was down, and he was hoping it would reopen. I know the last thing we did before we left was head back to the Marvel area to see in person, but it was still down. We did Spiderman again and then the other rides like Storm Force and Dr Dooms Fearfall.

We rode Popeye & Bluto’s Bilge-Rat Barges as well as Ripsaw Falls again this day, so I made sure to check my makeup ;) I liked Popeye better than Kali River Rapids :duck: I liked the theming and queue of Kali, but I felt like Popeye was a better water ride, seeing as you're supposed to get wet and all. We had sort of a camaraderie with the other people in our raft too, and saw some of them around the park the rest of the day :rotfl:

I can be a bit indecisive when it comes to souvenir shopping, so around park close we stopped in the big shop by the park exit so we could get a few things before we met Zack's brother for dinner. We had a few people joining us for the next day only, so I didn't want to waste their park time in a shop :)

While we were at the parks today, most of our other guests arrived in Orlando. Zack's middle brother was the one at USO, and they basically hit the parks opposite of us this day. We met them for dinner in City Walk. The rest of Zack's family flew in this day too and went to their hotels (Dolphin and POR). Some of them were going to go to Kennedy Space Center on Sunday, but it wasn't open yet due to Irma so they ended up relaxing, hitting the pool, going to Disney Springs, and checking out the Boardwalk. And watching the Broncos Game. Zack's best man flew in this day too, and after he checked into his hotel (off property by Disney) he met us in City walk for dinner. My cousin and his wife got in late that night, so we saw them the next day. So now you know where everyone was, even though you probably don't care :rotfl:

We met up with Zack's middle brother and boyfriend, and tracked down his best man, Nelson. We ended up at Antojito's for dinner. There was a short wait, but soon we were seated and enjoying the prepared tableside guac (not me!), enchiladas verdes, and a blackberry margarita.

antojitos+enchiladas.jpg

Borrowed from the mouse for less

After dinner, Zack's brother and boyfriend (aka from now on K and A) called it a night. We walked around City Walk with Nelson, then had drinks at the outdoor bar across from Margaritaville (where the plane is). I can't remember the name, but I remember I had a watermelon margarita :thumbsup2
I took one last lovely photo to document our day:

fxM3i0Kl.jpg

Thank you, I'll be here all week! :rotfl2:
I will say, I know I took some pictures of the bar/plane, and I really thought I took photos at dinner this night. I am definitely missing some of the photos I took on this trip, which is disappointing. I really need to find my camera case and spare battery/memory card! Ugh.

Next will be our last day at USO, and moving over to the Dolphin. That should fit in one post I think :)

Mickey-shaped food craving
The best foods are Mickey shaped.

So true! Nathan is long-legged and I wasn't sure we'd get him in there at all!
Zack's friend looked at the test log outside and was like, Nope! After we rode Space Mountain he was like, If this is easier than the other ride I never would have made it in! At USO they were all yelling at you to get you in too so that was stressful.

Baha :rotfl:It happens. I was all set with my waterproof makeup, too, until I realized that waterproof didn't mean chlorine-proof. Oops!
It's the chlorine that ruins everything!
Ugh, that's pretty disrespectful of your time and and your plans and stuff. Sometimes I wish people would just be a little more direct. Like you said, you wouldn't have had hurt feelings. Oh well.
Exactly. Unfortunately, they kind of did this all week :(
Well when you put it that way it does sound odd :rotfl:
Haha see why I felt self conscious??
I don't like mustard either.
Yeah... For whatever reason on this trip I decided to try things as is, because sometimes things I have something I don't like much, but they just add to the dish without overpowering and it's okay. So I decided I should be adventurous. It worked some days, but some days not so much...
@CatNipRules yes thank you! And you should write a TR!
Yes! @CatNipRules I want to know how Jordan did with the DDP! :rotfl:
I'm confused too it's one ride that really doesn't need them since you could put the bags by your feet.
The only thing I could see is people losing stuff on the track from the spinning... but that's solved with a basket or lip at the edge of the vehicle.
Love your Griswold Christmas T.
Thanks!
I read about this M&G on @Reavens TR.
I couldn't do it justice after her :)

Did you like Antjitos? We ate there on my TA training trip in Feb. and I thought the food was great.
Ah, I know you're young but how can you have never seen E.T.???? I think I saw it in the theater 6 times alone! Get with it lady, movie before the ride lol
If you go back to Universal you should catch the horror makeup show! I can't honestly say I'm a big Universal fan but I've seen that show 3-4 times and I think it's really, really good :)

When we left off, we were headed to IoA. But we didn't walk between parks like mere peasants, we had a train to catch!

:laughing:

Oh look, a selfie in front of something... where you can't actually see the thing you're in front of...

:rotfl:

We rode Popeye & Bluto’s Bilge-Rat Barges as well as Ripsaw Falls again this day, so I made sure to check my makeup ;) I liked Popeye better than Kali River Rapids :duck: I liked the theming and queue of Kali, but I felt like Popeye was a better water ride, seeing as you're supposed to get wet and all.

I kind of agree. The theming of Kali is much better in my opinion, at least in the queue, but it's a short ride, and often I've gotten off of it without getting super wet. Popeye always leaves you SOAKED though, so if you're not prepared for that I could see why people might not like it. I had to wring out my shoes last time.

So now you know where everyone was, even though you probably don't care :rotfl:

Haha this is how I felt writing my report and including everyone's whereabouts also!

Loving all your universal stuff. I'm pretty oblivious on all things over there so its a great education for whenever we finally go.

Christmas Trip Update

So a few days ago I said, not much has changed for this trip. And now, everything has!

Basically, I messed up.

I kept meaning to buy MVMCP tickets, but I had a gift card at home to use. So I'd be at work and think, I need to buy those! And then forget at home. And when I pulled it up to buy them last night, it was SOLD OUT. I had just seen them still for sale at work during the day! :sad:

I'll be honest, I had a bit of a melt down. I'm going to blame getting 2 hours of sleep, working 3am-3pm, my boss then keeping me until almost 3:45pm, and dealing with attitude from a store employee on the way home. I was so mad because I originally booked flights and hotel for going the 14th-17th and 15th-18th, since I didn't know what we'd do originally, and I had just cancelled all of the 14th-17th stuff AT WORK THAT DAY. And of course, when I searched last night nothing near what I paid was coming up. For some reason, I hadn't cancelled the Thursday night flight... so I rebooked the Sunday night flight for double what I had originally.

Zack thought he could probably get Friday off too, or otherwise we could switch his day off from Monday to Friday, so we went with that... And he just got official approval for Friday!

So my mistake has given us an extra day on our trip! Which means we can do more Christmas-y things! And now we can see @Raeven and Josh! And have even more time to cross paths with @ChunkyMonkey! :) Best mistake ever.

PS @chunkymonkey here is our updated plan :)

14th - Land at 9pm and uber to hotel. I couldn't get another night at the DS hotel, but found a non-refundable rate at the Dolphin for the night for the same price, which works out even better for meeting Raeven and maybe Su-Lynn!

15th - Epcot in the morning since we're right there, and MVMCP that night. I'd like to see some Christmas stuff around Epcot and eat lunch at the foodbooths. Then it should be pretty easy to head back to the Dolphin mid-afternoon to grab our bags (probably backpacks... but maybe not now, with another day and flights on SW... :rotfl:) and check in so we can slum it at the Disney Springs Hilton for the rest of the trip :laughing: Then to MK for the party!

16th - Maybe MK in the morning? Or maybe see some resort decorations since we have more time now. Not 100% sure yet, but be to Epcot by 12:30 for our Biergarten CP pkg reservation. Check out some of the storytellers before the 5pm CP show, food booths for dinner/when we get hungry, and see Illuminations for the holiday ending. MK is open until midnight, so depending on how we feel, might go over there just to cram in every minute possible.

17th - Now that we're not doing the party this night, we can go to DHS to see their holiday offerings, which I was a little bummed about missing. Probably won't spend all day there, just head over midday and then stay until park close. Maybe we'll get the passholder magnet! Epcot is open late this night, or maybe we'll see the Tree Trail in DS... just depends on how we're feeling. Originally had Epcot and FPs in the morning, but maybe MK now?

18th - Flight out is at 7:15pm. Now I don't know what to do here. Originally had MK, and maybe Epcot foodbooths for lunch. I still have MK fastpasses.

Now that you've read about how special I am, I will reward you with a picture of the Christmas tree coming into the house. It shows the size off much better than the last photo I posted of Zack and me in front of it.

K7FrCdsl.jpg

So my mistake has given us an extra day on our trip! Which means we can do more Christmas-y things! And now we can see @Raeven and Josh! And have even more time to cross paths with @ChunkyMonkey! :) Best mistake ever.

Funny how that works our right? I'm glad it ended up being a positive mistake!

PS @chunkymonkey here is our updated plan :)

14th - Land at 9pm and uber to hotel. I couldn't get another night at the DS hotel, but found a non-refundable rate at the Dolphin for the night for the same price, which works out even better for meeting Raeven and maybe Su-Lynn!

Yay! It sounds great! We will head back from DHS after Fantasmic! so probably around 9:30-10pm is when I'm thinking considering how crowded the boats may get or we may walk back if it's nice out. We'll go crash @Raeven and Josh's dinner and be troublemakers...:laughing:

16th - Maybe MK in the morning? Or maybe see some resort decorations since we have more time now. Not 100% sure yet, but be to Epcot by 12:30 for our Biergarten CP pkg reservation. Check out some of the storytellers before the 5pm CP show, food booths for dinner/when we get hungry, and see Illuminations for the holiday ending. MK is open until midnight, so depending on how we feel, might go over there just to cram in every minute possible.

We'll be at Epcot for most of the morning and then we have San Angel Inn lunch at 1:20pm so most likely we can meet up before or after your Biergarten lunch.

17th - Now that we're not doing the party this night, we can go to DHS to see their holiday offerings, which I was a little bummed about missing. Probably won't spend all day there, just head over midday and then stay until park close. Maybe we'll get the passholder magnet! Epcot is open late this night, or maybe we'll see the Tree Trail in DS... just depends on how we're feeling. Originally had Epcot and FPs in the morning, but maybe MK now?

I really love EMH at Epcot - so I think we will be there watching Illuminations plus hope to do a few rides on TT or Soarin.

Wow huge tree! Looks awesome!

I was going to say it was too bad about the sold out Christmas party tickets, but any chance to meet up with @Raeven and @chunkymonkey would be worth it! (Even though I've never actually met Su-Lynn!)

Oh, and when you come out to SoCal are you doing any Disneyland visits? Or just family/6 flags?

WOW! That tree is huge! The nice thing is that it probably gets off a great pine scent that fills the whole house!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!