Forever Could Even Start Today, Wedding & Disneymoon Sept 17 update 10/1: Last Day, Budget recap

Good job staying on budget. Thanks for sharing, and yay for the CSR travel coding!
Thanks! I was very happy about the CSR coding, silly as it is :P Just like last night, we had stopped at the store and DH needed gas, and I was like we can go over and use the last of the fuel points from April (70 cents off per gallon) PLUS we can pay with the Kroger gift card I bought last week with my Freedom, so it's like getting 7.5% back instead of the 3% you'd get with your gas card! He was just like, whatever you say... :laughing:

How awesome you all got to end the night on Soarin'. We did that once when our travel Agency hosted a private Illuminations party and then Soarin' afterwards. Though we just went through Future World to get there so infinitely jealous. Weird they wouldn't let you stop to take photos though since the park was still open.

Wow, you all did great with the wedding costs. I can't believe all you got for relatively "little" in wedding terms. The private part especially seems much more economical than I would have though it was. Way to go!!!! Though I must brag that I got married in a lovely little $99 ceremony at the Graceland Wedding chapel in Vegas :P
I was so glad we got to end with Soarin', especially as we didn't get my grandpa into a park otherwise :) I felt like we got pretty good bang for our buck overall, much better than I figured it would be with Disney before I did my research. You win for wedding costs though :laughing:

We're almost finished up with wedding posts here. I'm just going to add a couple posts with some last thoughts and reviews, and break it up a little because it's a bit long. And then we'll move on to the honeymoon!

Final Thoughts
Vendor Reviews

Paradise Cove: Paradise Cove was great, and I would hands down recommend them for a small wedding or a big one (going off how we were treated and the venue). We worked with Jasmine, and she acted as a coordinator for the ceremony too, which was a weight off of me – it was one of my few worries, as I’d seen other places that made you provide someone to coordinate/run music, etc. And it was nice since we didn’t have a rehearsal either. She was also super sweet and put up with my 8 million questions via email, and allowed me to customize our package to exactly what we wanted. PC offers 4 wedding packages, including one that is almost exactly like DFTWs Escape package, the only differences being maybe not live music but they’ll play what your bring/they have selections, no limo, 1hr of photo instead of 2hrs, but they include an officiant and allow you to add extra people for a charge. And the price is different - $2100 vs the $7000+ DFTW is now. And their prices haven’t increased since I first got it in July 2016, so… We went with the basic package from PC, which for $1800 was venue/officiant/floral/1hr photo. We removed photo/officiant/floral and added the boat entrance, fabric on the arch, and 5 extra guests, coming in at $1501 after taxes/fees. PC also has a really nice pavilion for a reception and fun tiki bar area, and they also work with the hotels on the lake so you can bring your guests to and from your wedding by boat. I do wish that we had found PC before the family drama, and just planned a larger destination wedding to begin with. We probably could have stayed on budget even with our 200 person guest list.

Oh, one more thing with PC was their venue felt like it fit us more. We didn’t feel connected to any of the in-park Disney locations since we hadn’t been there, plus we haven’t traveled outside of the country together either. So Sea Breeze Point was first choice for us, but I wasn’t crazy about the location being on the walkway there and though it is a beautiful location, it was a little formal for us. The relaxed beach feel at PC fit us much better.

House of Blues: Also great to work with, and the food was a hit. All of the staff we worked with were really nice, they were waiting for us to arrive and didn’t rush us out of the room or charge extra for staying past our time (like contracts always threaten – though we weren’t there long past overall). I think Homecomin’ would have given them a run for their money, but it only opened a month or so before our wedding. The décor might be a little wild at HOB for some, and it was something I worried over, but on the day of I didn’t notice/care one bit. The prices were great in my opinion – our menu was $30pp and then drinks ala carte, and they let our vegetarian just order off the regular menu. I still dream about the tater tots. I think our next trip down there we might stop in for just those…

Hair and Makeup: I really loved my hair and makeup artist, Meghan. She was really sweet and a little chatty, which was good for me and my nerves. I booked her through a company, but found out that morning that she contracts with a few companies to get her bookings, so it was just luck of the draw.

Michelle Vazul Photography: Loved them so much. Michelle and Steve are a husband and wife team. They were great! I was immediately comfortable around them, which was a worry of mine – having paparazzi all day :laughing: They had great prices too, and even though they were living out of a hotel due to Irma they didn’t let that get in their way. I’d hire them again in a heartbeat. I’ve even considered it for a resort shoot on another trip.

DreamVision Media: Mike was also great. And dealing with the aftermath of Irma, the only thing that affected us was the photobooth which was a bonus anyways. I love our video and I’m so glad we chose to do it, especially since Zack’s grandparents’ couldn’t make it to Florida. We watched it with them when we got it back, and then also showed it at our home reception. The price was really reasonable, though I see now that they don’t offer the exact package we had and it’s gone up overall. The only issue we had was it took a few extra weeks to arrive, and I had to ask a few times. It came just before I would have started to worry, but was more than worth the wait!

Final Thoughts
Part Two

First Look: I’m so glad we did a first look. This was something I wanted all along, both when we originally started planning a big wedding and with our Disney wedding. I was a little worried that I’d feel self-conscious with the bridal party there, but I didn’t even notice them! As soon as I started walking towards Zack, it was just us. It was really wonderful to just have that moment, after all that we had gone through to get there.

Dessert Party: I’m so glad we did this too. This was something that was harder to justify when going with DFTW, because the base ceremony price would have been so much higher. PC gave us more flexibility for this stuff due to the savings there. I love the photos we got, and it was just such a special ending to the night. I was happy with our food choices, especially the nitrogen spheres. I don’t know if I’d have the alcohol again, because Zack and I didn’t end up drinking, and I’ve heard that it’s fine for guests to go buy alcohol in WS and bring it into your event space. It was under $500 total for what our guests drank, though, so it would depend on your group. I’ll talk more about the Dessert Party coordinators later.

Destination vs Traditional: This was a wonderful decision for us. Even without my family drama, a smaller wedding, away from the pressure of who’s side would have to travel (which shouldn’t be a big deal but wow it sure can be!), and it felt really easy to do away with wedding traditions we had no interest in. It was like, oh I’m not super into that and it’s just more stuff we’d have to bring… NOPE! We came in slightly under budget, which I’m positive never would have happened with our big wedding. The day was all about us and mostly those that were there were happy for us no matter what else was going on, and felt that the day was really special and fit us perfectly. I’ve also been told a few times that our wedding was way more fun than another family member’s…

DIY Escape Wedding: This what I referred to our setup as, with everything booked individually. I’ll review the places individually too. This isn’t for everybody, it definitely adds more on to your plate than just going through DFTW for everything, but it worked out well for us. For me, it allowed me to customize everything more than an Escape wedding would have, but the next option up with DFTW was more than I wanted to spend. I made a spreadsheet to compare all of the options and for me it came down to DFTW meant we were spending money on things we didn’t want or need. Like with Escape it was kind of silly to go through the hassle of making/bringing paper flowers when real floral is included and you don’t usually get anything for not using it, but the options weren’t my favorites. Or with the next wedding option, which is customizable (and has more in-park locations) we were either paying 3x as much for a Disney photographer, which counted towards minimums, or if we used outside photo we were adding random things to get to the Disney minimum. And at the end of it, had we gone with an Escape wedding through DFTW, they would have jacked our price up $2k just before we would have been able to book.

Small guest list: Plus one for a destination wedding! I’m really shy overall, and Zack is a bit when it comes to personal stuff, so not having 160+ people like we thought would show up for a big wedding was really nice. And we had more time to spend with people at lunch and the dessert party.

Cake: If I did it again, I would probably spend the $200 on a cake. I debated so much here, and I don’t think anyone really missed it. I was just so worried about overstuffing our guests between lunch, Food and Wine Festival (especially as this was the only Epcot time some guests had), and the Dessert Party. In the end no one really did anything for F&W, so they probably could have managed a slice of cake with lunch.

Confirmed Guest List before Adding Extras: Not a big deal in the scheme of things, but I jumped the gun a bit here adding extra people for the ceremony and lunch, and we didn’t need it. It ended up a few weeks out that my uncle couldn’t come... so if I had waited until the final guest count date, I would have saved myself around $100. Not the end of the world, but here’s my advice: These places will always take more of your money! :laughing: Really, I could have added a couple people 5 days out and they wouldn’t have blinked an eye, they would have just swiped my card.

Ceremony Script: I got our script off Offbeat bride and tweaked it. There were some passages that spoke to us and I really liked the vows. And the passage about the rings. Though I wish I could have worked in the champagne for the toast at the end :P

Personal Officiant: I loved having someone we knew do this, instead of picking someone off the internet, even though all of the officiants that work in the Disney area seem really great. The only hard thing is due to some issues, it’s slightly less fun looking back with it being B’s dad.

Portrait Session: I was torn about adding this right after we decided to do Disney, and then they raised the price by $500. So at the time I decided I’d rather do other things for our day with that money. Maybe we’ll do an anniversary shoot…? I love the photos we got, so I don't 'miss' a MK shoot per say, but I do really love those photos :)

Welcome Party: I wish I had some little get together here. I didn’t plan one because I thought everyone would end up in MK with us at some point the day before, but B’s family did their own thing. Originally I was going to buy tickets for my grandpa and uncle, but when my uncle couldn’t come my grandpa ended up flying in on Monday afternoon instead of Saturday or Sunday as he originally had planned. So I kind of wish we'd planned dinner or something in Disney Springs, but I also would have felt bad pulling people out of the parks, especially those who just had a couple days...

Bridal Party: More specific thoughts on my situation are the next paragraph, but I really lean towards putting who you want in the bridal party over who people think should be. I was getting pressure early on from people about my sister being MOH, which I was not really interested in... and it seems everyone I've talked to who let someone in due to outside pressure ended up regretting it for some reason. I know it's hard with the outside pressure though...

For me, I wish I had had Aly in the bridal party (though I don’t know if I could have handled making another bouquet :laughing: She was a lifesaver though, with how she took charge of so much that I didn’t even know I needed. Continuing from above, though, B and I have had some issues lately… We’ll just say that we weren’t seeing eye to eye on my family drama and I didn’t feel much support from her on it, and we had periods of not talking much before the wedding. I was really starting to debate not sending her/her family concrete details, but things seemed to get better. I found out later that she was still thinking I was in the wrong for the drama the night before and day of the wedding, and she jumped me when I announced the wedding over how I did it… I had also gone back to see her a few weeks before the wedding, and I got some pressure from her dad to tell my dad… so that makes it hard to look at a lot of the pictures. I sent announcements to all family (even those I wasn’t getting along with) and a few good friends, then I was going to post it on Facebook and link to our preview album which we weren’t tagged in per my request… But after that response I didn't end up doing it. I actually put only pictures of Zack and I on Facebook; I just put one up where you can see some people in the background for the first time last week.

There is one more of these to come, and that's it!

Final Thoughts
Part Three

DCE: I saved this beast for last – Disney’s Catered Events. This is who you work with if you are not getting married through DFTW, or if you are just interested in having a private event in general (not attached to a wedding – if you have a rehearsal dinner or use a dessert party as a rehearsal dinner and are getting married through DFTW, my understanding is you still work with DFTW on that). I believe their meal minimums are different than with DFTW, no wedding cakes, and they also do not allow you to wear a wedding dress to an in-park event like we had. I’ve seen conflicting info on if you can get away with it if you are having a private meal in a resort event space.

I hope @MeghanEmily doesn’t mind me borrowing her words/post a bit, but I think what she wrote about DFTW’s attitude on conflicting info here sums it up quite well. I had a bit of this attitude too even with DCE, and we also had lots of other issues, but no one asked me not to discuss them ;) Most likely because I was with DCE, and I’ve heard that DFTW reads the Disboards.

To get in contact with DCE, I believe I filled out a form online (end of August) and got hooked up with someone we’ll call J. I inquired about a lunch and the dessert party, though we ultimately decided on House of Blues. There was some confusion with the dessert party as J keep putting in wrong dates. First it was 2016, then 2017, then just the wrong date completely (like 2 weeks off), so she kept telling us no that’s not available, wait it is, etc. Finally got that ironed out with the date. I asked about a ride mix in and she told me that Soarin’ was not available as a large group had it already, but we could do Test Track. At this point, we were just waiting to write and sign the contract, which you do at a year out.

After that, we did no more until January when I reached out about the menu. I got the standard menus and asked about the Nitrogen station. In May, I reached out to J about creating our own menu. We also discussed the ride mix-in again. We worked out the menu via email over a couple weeks, including wanting the hosted bar. After figuring it out, I asked her for the BEO (this is Disney’s bill and event plan and bible all rolled into one and basically if it’s not there, it’s not happening). I’m glad I did as I don’t believe she planned to send it, and it was incorrect. Wrong location/pricing, no liquor for the bar, and no ride mix-in. Thanks to these boards and the FB group, I knew that should all appear on the BEO. This is when they told us we were moved due to Eat to the Beat concerts. I feel like they would have charged us the extra amount for the larger location had I not questioned it… Instead I was told that they approved charging the lower amount we had signed for and that was great news! To me it was not great news; I didn’t request to be moved, they moved me for their operations so shouldn’t they honor my original venue price? Though we did end up with a better location in the end…

I asked for a new BEO with everything corrected, plus we would only have 18 people instead of the 25 I guessed at when signing the contract (the only one I didn’t pay for non-existent guests!). All that was corrected was the venue price – no ride mix in, no liquor, and now some things said 18 guests and some said 25. I made several requests over a week before receiving… the exact same file. I could see the date it was updated. Several more requests over a week, and I finally get a response saying she sent it. I pointed out that the last one I had received had no changes, and had not addressed the things I asked about two weeks prior. I finally receive a BEO that has everything on it including the ride mix-in, but no charge for the ride mix-in. When I asked, J said she was waiving the charge. At this point, everything seems correct, and I had been told 4 or 5 times that we were approved for a Test Track ride mix-in. Beyond that, J asked for our photographer/videographer information to send them Disney’s media clause.

And that was the last I heard from J.

In July I received an email from someone else in DCE, saying they’d be stepping for J. That’s weird, I thought, but I was working a million hours and trying to get things finished up for the wedding, so I didn’t do anything until we were close to our final payment date at the end of August. About two weeks before it was due, I asked for a copy of the bill to make our final payment. They sent the bill in a different format, so I also asked to see the BEO once more, mentioning it took a bit to get it corrected with J. This is when I was told our ride mix-in wasn’t approved.

Apparently, even though I had been assured multiple times by J, it was not approved and on top of that, they do not do ride mix-ins on EMH nights. To make a long story short, we were obviously approved for our ride mix-in. But it was a lot of back and forth for over a week before we knew, in which I did mention that the Dessert Party had been the hardest part of the day to plan because J was not on top of things to begin, and it was disappointing and stress that I didn’t really need 3 weeks out. It didn’t help that I was going through the new planner’s assistant as he was out, and she wanted me to wait a week until he was back to move forward. I ended up contacting another planner he referred to in his out of office email. After the ride mix-in was straightened out, they asked if I had the media agreements for photo and video… No. So now it is September 5th, and I’m just sending these media agreements on to the vendors. You may remember right around then, there was this little storm going on, I think they called it Irma… So then I didn’t receive them back until just before the wedding, due to vendors being busy evacuating/hunkering down/not having power/living out of hotels. Understandable, but just another thing that upset me with DCE...

Here’s the thing: I understand it was not the new planner or assistant’s fault that this happened (and I told them that!), but I felt like these were things that should have been noticed and been addressed when they took over our event. It was a month from when I was notified they were taking over, and when they told us about the issues. I’m sure there was a scramble with whatever happened with J, and I probably should have verified everything in July when they transferred my event, but I still feel they should have been going over all events with a fine tooth comb, and then updating the customers. I was getting calls from DCE on the day of the wedding still - I think it was things like they forgot to tell me where guests without tickets should meet them, if I remember right - but actually Aly had my phone and fielded these calls.

While I’m really happy we had a dessert party and how it turned out, I didn’t appreciate the feelings and stress of being pushed off or having the ball dropped for our event. A $2300 event may be peanuts for Disney, but it was almost 20% of our budget for the day and a lot of money for us. We could have spent much less just getting everyone a ticket to the normal dessert party, which we considered. I still also think it’s bizarre they didn’t have anyone act like they were in charge of the event. The only cast members there were either serving or guarding the bridges into the area. One of them could have been pulling double duty with that, but no one mentioned it. The only cast member who came up and introduced herself was the lady who led us to Soarin’.

So this long-winded review really just winds down to not being overly impressed with the DCE team for our event. I've seen some other hit or miss stories about working with them, so I think that if we would ever be finding ourselves planning something through them again, I would be extra vigilant with the details and not wait on them for things.

Moving on for those who have little interest in reviews and budgets :P

Epcot, or
We Broke Everybody

Everyone that was leaving had early flights, so the previous night was the last we saw of them for the purposes of this report. We planned a day at Epcot following the wedding for those staying, which included: Zack's parents, aunt, and brother and SO. We thought that it would be a little more relaxed since it could be non-rope drop, some wandering, a few rides (since we did a couple the day before), and lots of Food & Wine snacking and :drinking1We planned FPs for Mission Space and Spaceship Earth before lunch at Garden Grill at 11:30am, then had an early afternoon FEA FP and planned on snacking our way around the world.

So, did our plans work?

Well, we all got to a slower start that morning. That was fine, no big deal! Zack called his parents and they were still getting ready so we wandered off to their room. We just ended up sitting around there for a bit, as none of us could summon up the will to head to Epcot. Everyone was pretty tired overall.

And then suddenly, I realized it was 11:10am :scared1:

We had our ADR in 20 minutes! So we sprang into action at that point - Zack and I headed to speedwalk our way to International Gateway and on to Garden Grill as fast as our poor legs could take us, and Zack's parents and aunt went to take the boat because his dad's knees couldn't take a jog around the lake. At some point we confirmed that Zack's brother K and SO A wouldn't be joining us for the day - we broke them!

I don't think we were more than 10 minutes late at the most, we got checked in and were seated about 11:44am. Zack and I had eaten here back in January and got a big kick out of the characters and the rotating restaurant, and enjoyed the food. We were there at a super non-busy time, so Chip and Dale wouldn't leave us alone. This time, it was a bit busier, but still fun :) Plus, who doesn't love plates set up as a hidden mickey?

YjTmrcYl.jpg

Zack's family had just been getting off the boat at IG after we checked in, so this is what happens when you're taking a selfie with someone who isn't a big fan of selfies and his family walks around the side of the booth...

p00ktzpl.jpg

Not that this menu changes a ton, but we have:

Ov4sQOUl.jpg

Basket of Warm Rolls with Orange Blossom Honey Butter
Harvest-inspired Garden Salad - featuring produce from the greenhouses in The Land pavilion
I love this butter. I think I ate most of the bread myself.

Ujc2lail.jpg

And behind our million glasses of water...
Family Style Platter - Slow-braised Pot Roast, All-Natural Sliced Turkey Breast - with turkey Gravy, Carved Pork - with apple chutney, Seasonal Vegetables, Herb and Leek Stuffing, Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
Macaroni & Cheese (mmm plastic cheese - eat around the goldfish :P), French Fries
I don't remember carved pork on the platter, that is per All Ears as of March, I remember sausage and peppers

90wC5iBl.jpg

Short Cake - Topped with Berry Compote with Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream
Don't worry, I made sure to eat around the fruit and fruit soaked areas :rotfl:

k7hPQr7l.jpg

Cookies - I may have taken these back to snack on in the hotel room... :scratchin

Zack's mom tried to snap a picture of our waitress, Joann. She was really sweet and just a bit sassy :) She brought us a card signed by the characters for our wedding.

HawwEFCl.jpg

We were visited by all of the characters in a pretty timely fashion, it felt like, compared to some other characters meals we've done since then. We didn't take pictures, but of course we had to get one with the big cheese himself!

7rzU2Uyl.jpg

4sOmg3Ml.jpg

We really like Garden Grill. I really want to get there for breakfast and try the Nutella sauce on Mickey waffles!

I was going to do this and forgot for our MK day, but I was going to add our food costs here. I've gone back and added it to Day 1.

Garden Grill: $186 for 5 people including tax and tip, after saving $38 with TIW
After a nice lunch, Zack's dad had to call it a day. I think between the heat and being tired, he was borderline getting a migraine, and then the rotating restaurant did not help... :faint: He headed back to the room to lay down.

And then there were four.

We ended up having an even more leisurely day than we expected then. Zack's mom and aunt had been down to the World for Christmas 2015? 2016? I can't remember right now... But we had broken all of the first-timers, so we weren't trying to get them on Test Track, etc. We considered it, but I couldn't get a decent FP, and no one was too bothered... so we didn't ride a single ride! :scared1: :laughing:

I didn't take too many photos, but of course just enough to be over the post limit, so I'll split this up a bit.

After we scared Zack's dad away, we decided a leisurely boat ride was in order (and convenient!) so we hit up LWTL. Oh wait, I lied - this is a ride!

SFYZljSl.jpg

2fypOOnl.jpg

I liked their signs pointing out things in different dishes for the Festival

K8LjUFfl.jpg

Basically a required photo.
We then headed into World Showcase to visit @MeghanEmily's ceremony spot... I mean, the Canada Pavilion!

TMCvVKWl.jpg

uj1XjROl.jpg

0XYNfSLl.jpg

PeZLiuQl.jpg

This area is just amazing!

We stopped for our first Festival drink of the trip:

X6WtjFKl.jpg

Kahlúa-tini Iced Coffee – Our famous roasted coffee, chilled then topped with Kahlúa, Grey Goose Vodka and rich, creamy Half & Half $9.49

It was good, but a little less sweet than I was hoping. Zack's mom had one too.

We just meandered our way along, stopped to watch Serveur Amusement, hit a few booths and shared some drinks. I picked up my Food and Wine sampler tab things, which ended up saving about $12 in drinks.

I thought I would get farther along, but imgur is being painfully slow to load photos today for some reason. Plus I need my little F&W Passport to see what we ate this day because I forgot photos! :scared:

Last edited:
our menu was $30pp and then drinks ala carte

Ooo that's a really good price!

I hope @MeghanEmily doesn’t mind me borrowing her words/post a bit, but I think what she wrote about DFTW’s attitude on conflicting info here sums it up quite well. I had a bit of this attitude too even with DCE, and we also had lots of other issues, but no one asked me not to discuss them ;)

I must have missed that. They tell people not to talk about certain things? I don't like that at all.

To get in contact with DCE, I believe I filled out a form online (end of August) and got hooked up with someone we’ll call J. I inquired about a lunch and the dessert party, though we ultimately decided on House of Blues. There was some confusion with the dessert party as J keep putting in wrong dates. First it was 2016, then 2017, then just the wrong date completely (like 2 weeks off), so she kept telling us no that’s not available, wait it is, etc. Finally got that ironed out with the date. I asked about a ride mix in and she told me that Soarin’ was not available as a large group had it already, but we could do Test Track. At this point, we were just waiting to write and sign the contract, which you do at a year out.

After that, we did no more until January when I reached out about the menu. I got the standard menus and asked about the Nitrogen station. In May, I reached out to J about creating our own menu. We also discussed the ride mix-in again. We worked out the menu via email over a couple weeks, including wanting the hosted bar. After figuring it out, I asked her for the BEO (this is Disney’s bill and event plan and bible all rolled into one and basically if it’s not there, it’s not happening). I’m glad I did as I don’t believe she planned to send it, and it was incorrect. Wrong location/pricing, no liquor for the bar, and no ride mix-in. Thanks to these boards and the FB group, I knew that should all appear on the BEO. This is when they told us we were moved due to Eat to the Beat concerts. I feel like they would have charged us the extra amount for the larger location had I not questioned it… Instead I was told that they approved charging the lower amount we had signed for and that was great news! To me it was not great news; I didn’t request to be moved, they moved me for their operations so shouldn’t they honor my original venue price? Though we did end up with a better location in the end…

I asked for a new BEO with everything corrected, plus we would only have 18 people instead of the 25 I guessed at when signing the contract (the only one I didn’t pay for non-existent guests!). All that was corrected was the venue price – no ride mix in, no liquor, and now some things said 18 guests and some said 25. I made several requests over a week before receiving… the exact same file. I could see the date it was updated. Several more requests over a week, and I finally get a response saying she sent it. I pointed out that the last one I had received had no changes, and had not addressed the things I asked about two weeks prior. I finally receive a BEO that has everything on it including the ride mix-in, but no charge for the ride mix-in. When I asked, J said she was waiving the charge. At this point, everything seems correct, and I had been told 4 or 5 times that we were approved for a Test Track ride mix-in. Beyond that, J asked for our photographer/videographer information to send them Disney’s media clause.

That sounds terrible.

In July I received an email from someone else in DCE, saying they’d be stepping for J. That’s weird, I thought, but I was working a million hours and trying to get things finished up for the wedding, so I didn’t do anything until we were close to our final payment date at the end of August. About two weeks before it was due, I asked for a copy of the bill to make our final payment. They sent the bill in a different format, so I also asked to see the BEO once more, mentioning it took a bit to get it corrected with J. This is when I was told our ride mix-in wasn’t approved.

Apparently, even though I had been assured multiple times by J, it was not approved and on top of that, they do not do ride mix-ins on EMH nights. To make a long story short, we were obviously approved for our ride mix-in. But it was a lot of back and forth for over a week before we knew, in which I did mention that the Dessert Party had been the hardest part of the day to plan because J was not on top of things to begin, and it was disappointing and stress that I didn’t really need 3 weeks out. It didn’t help that I was going through the new planner’s assistant as he was out, and she wanted me to wait a week until he was back to move forward. I ended up contacting another planner he referred to in his out of office email. After the ride mix-in was straightened out, they asked if I had the media agreements for photo and video… No. So now it is September 5th, and I’m just sending these media agreements on to the vendors. You may remember right around then, there was this little storm going on, I think they called it Irma… So then I didn’t receive them back until just before the wedding, due to vendors being busy evacuating/hunkering down/not having power/living out of hotels. Understandable, but just another thing that upset me with DCE...

Here’s the thing: I understand it was not the new planner or assistant’s fault that this happened (and I told them that!), but I felt like these were things that should have been noticed and been addressed when they took over our event. It was a month from when I was notified they were taking over, and when they told us about the issues. I’m sure there was a scramble with whatever happened with J, and I probably should have verified everything in July when they transferred my event, but I still feel they should have been going over all events with a fine tooth comb, and then updating the customers. I was getting calls from DCE on the day of the wedding still - I think it was things like they forgot to tell me where guests without tickets should meet them, if I remember right - but actually Aly had my phone and fielded these calls.

While I’m really happy we had a dessert party and how it turned out, I didn’t appreciate the feelings and stress of being pushed off or having the ball dropped for our event. A $2300 event may be peanuts for Disney, but it was almost 20% of our budget for the day and a lot of money for us. We could have spent much less just getting everyone a ticket to the normal dessert party, which we considered. I still also think it’s bizarre they didn’t have anyone act like they were in charge of the event. The only cast members there were either serving or guarding the bridges into the area. One of them could have been pulling double duty with that, but no one mentioned it. The only cast member who came up and introduced herself was the lady who led us to Soarin’.

So this long-winded review really just winds down to not being overly impressed with the DCE team for our event. I've seen some other hit or miss stories about working with them, so I think that if we would ever be finding ourselves planning something through them again, I would be extra vigilant with the details and not wait on them for things.

And that sounds worse! They should treat every wedding/dessert party like it's important even if you aren't spending as much as some other people.

Ooo that's a really good price!

I must have missed that. They tell people not to talk about certain things? I don't like that at all.

That sounds terrible.

And that sounds worse! They should treat every wedding/dessert party like it's important even if you aren't spending as much as some other people.
I'm not sure what happened with Meghan's but she mentioned she wasn't supposed to post about it. But I heard a lot on these boards and in the FB group that the Disney planners read these boards, and some of them would give couples a lot of pushback/attitude if they asked about something they'd seen online... even if they didn't specifically mention where they'd seen it. I get the feeling that certain ones like to push you towards a more traditional cookie cutter wedding... probably because they make more? The small weddings like the Escape package is super easy for Disney to do since there's only so many options for stuff. Then the bigger weddings, I get the feeling they'd prefer you just picked from the menu examples they send you vs customizing your own. I actually think we would have had trouble customizing our menu if we'd had the new planner the whole time. Someone else was working with that planner through DCE to do a private meal on the Rose and Crown patio as an anniversary gift for her parents, and she ended up giving up on him and doing private dining at the resorts. I saw a few couples get fed up with Disney telling them something and then going back on their word, to where the couple pulled their event and went to another venue. :sad2:

Phew, it's over! No more kissing until after we're out of the park!

:rotfl: :thumbsup2

Anyways, while we were waiting Zack's brother decided he should say a few words. It was pretty funny, because he's not the type to do that really, but he had a little help from his friend :drinking1 We all got a good chuckle out of the delivery, but it was sweet and basically came down to him saying they should all be thanking us for throwing such a great party and inviting them along.

This is great!! Reminds me of my drunk aunt who became very emotional and protective of me at our pre-wedding meet and greet. But how sweet that is with his sweet message deep down under the alcohol! :goodvibes

Speaking of the land, you probably can guess where we were headed! Soarin'! Our guide took us up the Fastpass lane, and then we were put in the first two rows of section B.

I love this!! This is one thing I wish we'd been able to do for our day. So cool!

Zack's dad still talks about how he's such a wimp and has to hold the handles on Soarin' and my grandpa didn't care about that at all :)

:laughing:

This one cracks me up so much, because of Zack's face - like one more smile for the day is just the most painful thing ever! :rotfl:

I SO feel this! Smiling at the end of a wedding day...hard nope. My cheek muscles were sore.

Dessert Party: I’m so glad we did this too. This was something that was harder to justify when going with DFTW, because the base ceremony price would have been so much higher. PC gave us more flexibility for this stuff due to the savings there. I love the photos we got, and it was just such a special ending to the night. I was happy with our food choices, especially the nitrogen spheres. I don’t know if I’d have the alcohol again, because Zack and I didn’t end up drinking, and I’ve heard that it’s fine for guests to go buy alcohol in WS and bring it into your event space. It was under $500 total for what our guests drank, though, so it would depend on your group. I’ll talk more about the Dessert Party coordinators later.

I wish we'd done this. It's one of my regrets, and if we hadn't done such an early morning wedding I think we would have. Yours looks like it was so much fun for your guests!

Destination vs Traditional: This was a wonderful decision for us. Even without my family drama, a smaller wedding, away from the pressure of who’s side would have to travel (which shouldn’t be a big deal but wow it sure can be!), and it felt really easy to do away with wedding traditions we had no interest in.

As you know, I'm 100% with you there! I'm so glad it worked out to be such a good decision for you and Zack. :goodvibes

What I should be doing: Laundry and cleaning up.

But I finally got the rest of the day's photos loaded on imgur, so :confused3

Epcot
Part Two

When we left off, we were wandering World Showcase. It was really fun to do F&W with people so we could share and have even more! Usually we would stop for a drink or two and share among the four of us, and then look for the next ones that intrigued us :drinking1 :thumbsup2

In no particular order, I remember we had the La Passion Martini Slush from France, the Frozen Margarita from Italy, and a Bellini from the little drink stand that's always in Italy. All were good, but the slush was the definite winner.

None of us were ready for food yet, so we spent some time sippin' and people watching in Italy.

8F987rol.jpg

j3JbzF6l.jpg

NkLaY43l.jpg

We continued on with a new purpose in mind: to head to the Festival Center to see the merchandise there. I decided to stop for a photo op, telling everyone else I would catch up.

WvatGhbl.jpg

Q9aHXxZl.jpg

Then I saw this:

McvXspYl.jpg

And I knew I didn't have to worry! :rotfl: I knew Zack would ask me to take some photos anyways, since his dad wasn't there to see the globe and the fireworks barges come out. And Zack loves trying to figure out how things work.

WdQ6zKml.jpg

YoTxQmZl.jpg

As I was taking these, Zack came back to find me and asked, Can you take some pictures of that??? :laughing:

As we carried on, we paused for a Spicy Apple Margarita :crazy2: This was defintiely NOT our thing. We tossed it looking mostly untouched.

Though I'm sure you've all seen a million pictures of these by now, plus seen them in person, here are the amazing chocolate sculptures in the festival center.

75SY1tll.jpg

SWWu1s0l.jpg

rWojJwfl.jpg

8sAN5ZFl.jpg

DJJxxUml.jpg

UBH0g2Kl.jpg

Sweet tooths satisfied by chocolate samples (NOT!) we ventured back out into the heat. And apparently I didn't take any more pictures until Illuminations :confused3 We mainly just started working around World Showcase again, this time for the food part of F&W.

Zack's aunt and I shared the Grilled Sweet and Spicy Bush Berry Shrimp (Australia) and the Tequila Chipotle Shrimp (Mexico). Both were pretty good we thought, except the black bean huarache for the chipotle shrimp. I don't even know how to say that! We went to all of this effort to split it sort of in half, and then to get a bite of it with the shrimp... and were like, ew? It seemed pretty tasteless... We got to have these dishes to ourselves though, because Zack and his mom don't eat seafood. :sad2: Zack might have gotten the Lamb meatball from New Zealand here, or maybe that was another day...

I believe next we stopped at the Canada booth for some steak and cheddar cheese soup. This just got me even more excited for our Le Cellier ADR the following week. Then I think Zack and I finished up with the Warm Chocolate Pudding from Ireland, which was amazing and chocolate-y - a win in my book!

We started along past the UK again, and it was probably 8:15 or 8:30 at this time, so we mentioned to Zack's mom and aunt that this was probably the last time to hit any more booths, and then we could grab a spot for Illuminations. They took off like a shot! The beelined around only pausing to check menus, and after getting all the way to Africa, I think the ended up going back for a slushy from France. Then we found a spot between Germany and Africa along the railing to watch Illuminations.

jNrMumHl.jpg

zvYO1PNl.jpg

4tMog3wl.jpg

wdWEuwPl.jpg

kOFK0Ovl.jpg

1ytPlRtl.jpg

4YM44Rql.jpg

And you're spared from more photos because apparently they're not all uploaded on imgur...

The best part of the show was at the end, when they shoot the single fireworks off from around the lagoon towards the center. We happened to be just behind one of them, and Zack's aunt jumped so badly that I swear she knocked into me and the rest of my photos came out blurry :rotfl2: Oh it was funny.

As we headed for IG with the crowds, I snapped one more photo for the night...

Owypuitl.jpg

Go home, Germany, you're drunk.

And then I ended up a bit distracted by my phone notifications... because our photographers had posted a sneak peek album! I was totally one of those annoying people glued to my phone as we walked out IG and back to the Dolphin. I'm surprised I didn't run into anyone or fall into the water :)

That wraps up the post wedding day! Extremely laid back, but I think we needed it!

Food Budget
Budgeted $253
Actual $307
TIW Savings: $38

This included my F&W sampler, which we used throughout the week.

Last edited:
And then suddenly, I realized it was 11:10am :scared1:

We had our ADR in 20 minutes! So we sprang into action at that point - Zack and I headed to speedwalk our way to International Gateway and on to Garden Grill as fast as our poor legs could take us, and Zack's parents and aunt went to take the boat because his dad's knees couldn't take a jog around the lake. At some point we confirmed that Zack's brother K and SO A wouldn't be joining us for the day - we broke them!
Oh no!!!!!! Though I'm sure you all needed the rest. Good thing you were so close to Epcot.

Ujc2lail.jpg

And behind our million glasses of water...
Family Style Platter - Slow-braised Pot Roast, All-Natural Sliced Turkey Breast - with turkey Gravy, Carved Pork - with apple chutney, Seasonal Vegetables, Herb and Leek Stuffing, Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
Wow, this all looks phenomenal!!! I see folks doing breakfast all the time but not lunch. I'm a sucker for mashed potatoes so your skillet looks like a dream.

4sOmg3Ml.jpg

We really like Garden Grill. I really want to get there for breakfast and try the Nutella sauce on Mickey waffles!
Great picture of you all. We have done breakfast here once and enjoyed it, though we had a late seating so everything felt like it had been held for a while. We're definitely do to go back and may just ned to give lunch a whirl.

X6WtjFKl.jpg

Kahlúa-tini Iced Coffee – Our famous roasted coffee, chilled then topped with Kahlúa, Grey Goose Vodka and rich, creamy Half & Half $9.49
Now this is my kinda coffee!

None of us were ready for food yet, so we spent some time sippin' and people watching in Italy.

8F987rol.jpg
Epcot looks deserted. Was it not crowded that day????

Though I'm sure you've all seen a million pictures of these by now, plus seen them in person, here are the amazing chocolate sculptures in the festival center.

75SY1tll.jpg
Million picture or not they are absolutely gorgeous. Still can't believe they are chocolate.

4YM44Rql.jpg

And you're spared from more photos because apparently they're not all uploaded on imgur...
Illuminations on your first 2 days of marriage, looks like a good start to me :-)

That wraps up the post wedding day! Extremely laid back, but I think we needed it!
You not only needed it, you deserved it!!!! Glad you had a great day to recoup.

I can't even image how tired everyone must have been. But sounds like you guys had the right idea and EPCOT is a perfect park to not ride andy rides.
It is! It's fun to just wander and see things. I'm thinking we did the Canada video too
I SO feel this! Smiling at the end of a wedding day...hard nope. My cheek muscles were sore.
You're all goofy smiles just because you're so happy, smiling for a million photos... :laughing:
I wish we'd done this. It's one of my regrets, and if we hadn't done such an early morning wedding I think we would have. Yours looks like it was so much fun for your guests!
It was a great time despite the mishaps. It was a long day for us with pictures starting at 9am, so I can't imagine an Epcot wedding plus MK photos before!
As you know, I'm 100% with you there! I'm so glad it worked out to be such a good
I think it's really important to do your thing for your wedding. Especially since more and more we move away from the traditional family paying to the couple covering it all themselves. Do what you can afford and what makes you happy.:)
Wow, this all looks phenomenal!!! I see folks doing breakfast all the time but not lunch. I'm a sucker for mashed potatoes so your skillet looks like a dream.
I think lunch is pretty darn good! From both times we've gone, I dont recall the meat being dry or anything like I might worry about with that type of service. Especially with Turkey: P but everything was tasty.
Epcot looks deserted. Was it not crowded that day????
It wasn't very crowded. I think we might have lucked out with crowds this week from Irma, they really weren't too bad.
Million picture or not they are absolutely gorgeous. Still can't believe they are chocolate.
It's amazing what they can do!

I think it's really important to do your thing for your wedding. Especially since more and more we move away from the traditional family paying to the couple covering it all themselves. Do what you can afford and what makes you happy.:)

Agreed!! My mom bought my dress for me, and my grandmother offered to pay half of our Magic Kingdom shoot. Nathan's parents also offered us a gift toward the wedding, which went toward our annual passes. And those things were super appreciated!! But otherwise we paid for everything else ourselves. And I'm so glad we paid for something that was exactly what we wanted!

Animal Kingdom
Part One: Is that a Carrot?

Next up was our Animal Kingdom Day! I was pretty excited, as this would be our first official visit ever to AK. I think we made it right around rope drop. We had pretty good luck with the buses overall from the Dolphin. I don’t recall them having bus signs with the arrival times back in September, but they did have them back in January.

For our FPs for the day, we had the Safari at 10am, Everest at 12pm, and FOP at 3pm.

I didn’t get any pictures on our way in. We joined the rope drop crowds for Pandora… Madness! We headed for NRJ and walked through most of the queue, I think we got stopped about 10 people back from where you go inside. Though it’s probably been beat to death by now, this ride is really neat and the effects/theming are really cool, but not enough that I’d wait an hour plus… So as long as the line is that long, it’s a one and done for me! I was kind of surprised by the size of the boats, I thought they were a bit small. I guess I was expecting something more like Pirates/Small World/FEA. Every time we’ve been on this ride, they’ve put Zack and I with another group of two in the same row. I feel like we’re pretty average sized, and this morning they put us with an older couple, also average sized, and it’s a tight fit!

After this, we decided to head over to the safari since it was just after park open now. I switched our Safari FP to Festival of the Lion King at 2pm. Going by the map, it being our first time and all, we headed down the back path to Africa. By this time already, the FOP line went all the way down this path almost to the restrooms by Africa and doubled back at least a third of the length! It was insane! At some point in the day they closed this path off and just used it for the line.

After putting up with all of my yammering on, here are some animal photos!

WV3yc2pl.jpg

For @MeghanEmily

bLyF6nRl.jpg

tpC4saQl.jpg

I was excited that the African Wild Dogs were running around because we have them at our local zoo but they never seem to be out.

NMQdtWll.jpg

We were not interesting to the giraffes...

M9DLDyBl.jpg

REALLY not interesting :laughing:

Mw1hVBnl.jpg

AwKDGpzl.jpg

ZKcCkdIl.jpg

cv2E5tYl.jpg.

DMIn8Nwl.jpg

d7i1vz0l.jpg

After the safari, I believe we walked the Gorilla Falls trail… And I also had to stop for a snack, because if I skip breakfast I get hangry.

r9kwFWvl.jpg

I love this sign!

ziSeXvYl.jpg

Elephant Ear Pastry $5.99

I thought this was the perfect breakfast snack. Sweet, light, and flaky. We repeated this on another visit. Also throughout the morning, we were trying to figure out when Zack’s brother and SO were going to join us. They had slept in originally, we were told, and eventually they said they wouldn’t be joining us for the day. We were pretty surprised that they were skipping AK day… especially as Zack’s brother is really into animals and because of that they had booked a Savannah room at AKL… :confused3

ktQgZIZl.jpg

0BTqybGl.jpg

KFLmMgYl.jpg

I think we did a loop around to the bridge by Asia, and back in front of the Tree of Life, just taking in some of the loveliness of AK. This might have been the point where we stopped for It’s Tough to be a Bug. Zack and I had done this out at DCA in Summer 2016, so we knew what to expect. Honestly, it’s like my worst nightmare because I hate grasshoppers But at the end, as you let all of the insects exit before you, Zack’s aunt leapt out of her seat! It was so funny, we all cracked up. It looked like she was the only one with that reaction in the theatre!

AKd0ZRRl.jpg

39mmWLvl.jpg

Hbzl9Enl.jpg

Next up was our lunch at Tiffin’s. We had booked the Rivers of Light package. Originally I had tried to get the Tusker House package because of the price difference, but I am so glad that it was full ;) Otherwise, I don’t know that we would have tried Tiffin’s! Eventually, I’m sure… but it would have been awhile. Not only was our lunch delicious, but I loved the decor, the plates and serving dishes, and our waitress was one of the nicest we’ve ever had anywhere. But I didn’t get her name! I was so bad about that.

BEyWuInl.jpg

0HQdXRwl.jpg

qcximYTl.jpg

Zack’s aunt decided she wanted a photo of us with the decor.

0UeFTLzl.jpg

Pretty sure Zack’s parents thought they weren’t in this photo :rotfl:

No drink photos? :confused3 Starting with drinks, Zack’s mom and I both had Jenn's Tattoo - Ketel one vodka, watermelon, hibiscus, lime juice $10.75, while his aunt had an Annapurna Zing - Bombay Sapphire East Gin, Passion Fruit Puree, Mint, Lime Juice, Ginger Beer, glowing lotus light $13. It was a bit funny, because she was asking the waitress about this drink, and I think she thought she was order the same as us. But I’m glad she got it - I never would have ordered it because of the Gin and Ginger Beer, but I tasted hers and it was a really light and refreshing drink with just a hint of sweetness. I almost felt like that mixed with Jenn’s Tattoo would be the perfect balance...

Zack’s mom and I both had the bread service, Zack and his aunt had the Charcuterie Board, and his dad had the Cheese plate (missed a photo of this). Zack and I shared, and his parents and aunt shared their’s among each other.

ZvqBVJFl.jpg

Tiffins Signature Bread Service - Tadka, smoked baba ghanoush, Blatjang $10
That's a nice photo... really shows off the dips... :sad2: I enjoyed this, but I can't tell you which was my favorite one now. I think I kept forgetting as I ate them even :rolleyes:

4ComMZnl.jpg

Chef's House-made Charcuterie Board - selection of cured and smoked meats $17
He liked everything but the pate :laughing:

For our entrees, we all had the:

APFbZdnl.jpg

Wagyu Striploin and House-Smoked Brisket $?

I can’t remember what Zack’s family had for dessert, but Zack had the sorbet tasting ($9) - I didn’t grab a photo and I can’t remember what flavors he had, he told the waitress whatever she thought was best. I had the:

IZvYMVxl.jpg

South American Chocolate Ganache - caramelized banana, cocoa nib tuile $12

YUM.

Zack’s parents and aunt were really skeptical going in for Tiffin’s because of the menu. Honestly, I was too, and spent quite of a bit of time looking for TH to open up. A few reviews on here, such as @ariane37's, made me feel better about it. But I don’t think Zack’s family would have felt as reassured if I told them my Disboard friend said it was good :laughing: Zack’s parents still talk about this meal though, I think that means it was a hit! :) The entree was to die for, the meat was so good and the brisket just fell apart. We don’t eat at fancy places often (last time my pasta came with a soft boiled egg in the bowl - my worst nightmare! I spent the whole time eating worrying I would break it open, I hate runny eggs and that was NOT in the menu description) so I will be completely honest with you, the entrees showed up with the colored carrots and we all whispered around the table…

What is that? That purple thing. Is that a carrot? Are you going to try it? No, you try it! :rotfl:

We also got a special dessert for our honeymoon:

ksoHQmal.jpg

I ate the truffle things and left the fruit stuff for Zack :thumbsup2

Tiffins: $357 for 5 people including tax and tip for the ROL package, and $34 for 3 drinks after saving $7 with TIW

Now, imgur is really cooperating today, so you might be lucky and get this whole day by tonight or tomorrow! :p

Last edited:
We headed for NRJ and walked through most of the queue, I think we got stopped about 10 people back from where you go inside. Though it’s probably been beat to death by now, this ride is really neat and the effects/theming are really cool, but not enough that I’d wait an hour plus… So as long as the line is that long, it’s a one and done for me!

I'm with you on that one. I enjoy it, but I wouldn't want to wait for it. Not worth it. That said, since I can't ride FOP, I often end up using a FP for it if I'm not just letting Nathan use my FP for FOP.

Every time we’ve been on this ride, they’ve put Zack and I with another group of two in the same row. I feel like we’re pretty average sized, and this morning they put us with an older couple, also average sized, and it’s a tight fit!

Right!? So tiny! It's really not meant for four full-sized adults in one row. I'm a bit of a stranger-phobe, so I always dislike it when we get forcibly crammed into close quarters with people I don't know.

:lovestruc

We were not interesting to the giraffes...

Bahaha they had better things to do obviously

And I also had to stop for a snack, because if I skip breakfast I get hangry.

Me too. ::yes::

We were pretty surprised that they were skipping AK day… especially as Zack’s brother is really into animals and because of that they had booked a Savannah room at AKL… :confused3

:confused3 People are strange.

But at the end, as you let all of the insects exit before you, Zack’s aunt leapt out of her seat! It was so funny, we all cracked up. It looked like she was the only one with that reaction in the theatre!

:rotfl: I always feel bad for the little kids in this show who get scared, but I think it's hilarious to watch adults' reactions when you can tell it's their first time seeing the show!

Originally I had tried to get the Tusker House package because of the price difference, but I am so glad that it was full ;) Otherwise, I don’t know that we would have tried Tiffin’s! Eventually, I’m sure… but it would have been awhile. Not only was our lunch delicious, but I loved the decor, the plates and serving dishes, and our waitress was one of the nicest we’ve ever had anywhere.

Yum! So glad that this happy accident worked out in your favour.

his aunt had an Annapurna Zing - Bombay Sapphire East Gin, Passion Fruit Puree, Mint, Lime Juice, Ginger Beer, glowing lotus light $13. It was a bit funny, because she was asking the waitress about this drink, and I think she thought she was order the same as us. But I’m glad she got it - I never would have ordered it because of the Gin and Ginger Beer, but I tasted hers and it was a really light and refreshing drink with just a hint of sweetness.

Yummy. I always get the non-alcoholic version of this.

What is that? That purple thing. Is that a carrot? Are you going to try it? No, you try it! :rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl: Nathan's family is so like this. Me too a little bit. His parents take the whole family out for a nice fancy meal once a year at Christmas, and his sisters are always so cautious and confused about whatever shows up on their plates! :laughing:

And I'm so glad we paid for something that was exactly what we wanted!
This should be a wedding planning motto!
Right!? So tiny! It's really not meant for four full-sized adults in one row. I'm a bit of a stranger-phobe, so I always dislike it when we get forcibly crammed into close quarters with people I don't know.
Exactly! It's different to be next to someone on a ride with separate seats, like a coaster, Soarin', Dinosaur, etc... but a tiny boat? :crowded:
:rotfl::rotfl: Nathan's family is so like this. Me too a little bit. His parents take the whole family out for a nice fancy meal once a year at Christmas, and his sisters are always so cautious and confused about whatever shows up on their plates! :laughing:
:rotfl2:
My BILs rehearsal dinner back in April was a plated meal and we got to choose beef or chicken. So here is this nice filet with some vegetables, can't remember what now but ones I eat, and then this slimy gray thing... apparently it was eggplant :confused3 I've never had eggplant and the appearance of it didn't really make me want to try... :rotfl:

:rotfl2:
My BILs rehearsal dinner back in April was a plated meal and we got to choose beef or chicken. So here is this nice filet with some vegetables, can't remember what now but ones I eat, and then this slimy gray thing... apparently it was eggplant :confused3 I've never had eggplant and the appearance of it didn't really make me want to try... :rotfl:

Ahahah! :rotfl: My mom's husband is Greek, and they eat eggplant all the time in their house. I'm NOT a fan. I can stomach it when it's barbecued with other nice fresh veggies that I like...but otherwise, hard no on that one. European kitchens can keep it!

Animal Kingdom
Part Two: What were we doing again?

After lunch we used our FP for Everest. Disney coasters are totally my style :) We must have been towards the end of our window because it was 12pm-1pm and my dessert pictures are at 1:01pm… now that I’m thinking about it, I moved it back a couple times during lunch, then either swapped it for Kali River Rapids or put it for later in the day. So scratch that, no Everest yet.
We spent a bit of time exploring around the Tree of Life before FOTLK at 2pm.

kekMRMil.jpg

8ROabb2l.jpg

nbZbhAPl.jpg

1WqE8wfl.jpg

QpaZttYl.jpg

pg80td8l.jpg

aNxQRRwl.jpg

I could not get over all of the carvings! Amazing.
vfrPNjTl.jpg

Zack did not get the make-a-face memo

JShRNDZl.jpg

Idp84Ful.jpg

yKXucy3l.jpg

sUWzQN3l.jpg

z3uQ1txl.jpg

We just made it into the end of the FP line.​

rIDy4uRl.jpg

knRlusel.jpg

WXD0VXfl.jpg
After, we headed back to Pandora for our FOP FP! Woohoo skipping a 4hr line! Everyone loved this ride.

IGOHVuhl.jpg
zAHNjIil.jpg

24Xa0gMl.jpg

EaAx41Hl.jpg

gFlYfy8l.jpg

8Jbsjl0l.jpg

5zCfgsIl.jpg

We didn’t spend a lot of time around Pandora after our FP since it was so crowded. I think we went to walk the Tiger Trail before our Kali FP… that would make sense from my photo order.​

aPzzQabl.jpg

GyaSuY3l.jpg
DNXzFC8l.jpg

hSBERwdl.jpg

The baby tigers had just been born in August so they weren't out yet.

qQJsE26l.jpg

p8Kw47rl.jpg

ZxGoNLtl.jpg

bJCbgPNl.jpg
9jPZ7S6l.jpg

Queue photo - Proof of Kali ride :P

Hopefully no one is too upset, but we thought it was... Kind of lame… Not the best river raft ride in my opinion, I think especially after the one at USO. Zack and I also agreed that we remembered Grizzly River Run in California Adventure being better… and we just re-rode it on our April and still feel that way.

nV2ZvzXl.jpg
Just so amazing!

Bahaha I loved the picture where Zack didn't make a funny face with you!!

And I kind of agree about Kali. It's fine, and I think the queue line's theming is pretty cool. But the ride is short, not particularly thrilling, and I managed not to even get particularly wet the last couple of times. The one at USO is a TOTALLY different story. More intense and MUCH wetter! :thumbsup2

Animal Kindom
Part Three: Rivers of Light

I’m pretty sure I got a FP for Everest for after Kali, and then after scanning in for I was able to pull another one for immediately after. I think the standby line was 30mins or less at this point. So again, Disney coasters are totally my style :laughing: On the second ride through, Zack insisted on riding next to his dad, so he could heckle him the entire ride - his dad is not a coaster fan.

hWMROgPl.jpg

I'm so healthy, I've never even had muesli! :laughing:

Gsjle69l.jpg

hGY9zlQl.jpg

We finally made it over to Dinosaur. I think out of all of our trips, the only time we waited longer than 10-15 mins to get into the pre-show, was in December (an hour - omg!). It was basically a walk on this day. The pre-show cracks me up, I love that the model ride vehicle has plastic dinosaurs in it. This is such a funny ride - Zack thinks it’s awesome (are you noticing a theme?), I thought having one dinosaur eating another was a tad violent compared to every other Disney Ride :laughing: We went again, but his family sat that time out since it was so jerky.

faE9Odql.jpg

zLbb3Xzl.jpg

1fFdu9Cl.jpg

Every photo we have from this ride on every trip, Zack is making this “what the…” type face :rotfl:

We headed over to Dinoland, since we had just cruised by it on the way to Dinosaur. Zack’s dad took one look at Primeval Whirl - nope! The rest of us rode and just laughed about how horribly uncomfortable it was… After I think we headed back for one more trip up the Forbidden Mountain. Zack’s dad sat that one out too :)

yAj2Hocl.jpg

We spent a little time shopping before getting our seats for ROL. I thought they were great seats with the dining package. I think ROL is a very pretty show, but I didn’t really get any flow or storyline from it. It’s too bad because I wouldn’t mind stopping to see it sometimes, but I wouldn’t want to fight the crowds too much for it.

CkZtYuQl.jpg

A lotus float in its natural habitat!

4ypDGD8l.jpg

H7fOBP5l.jpg

I love the animal floats....

PX4kYh4l.jpg

But note: this is not the best time for photos of them! :laughing:

BFaWtoql.jpg

That's better!

95iHFdhl.jpg

xbolKm9l.jpg

dj7ifM4l.jpg

gVHtA7Vl.jpg

jWWoj2il.jpg

b4atnPCl.jpg

The park was open until 9pm this night and ROL was at 8:15pm, so while we didn’t try to ride anything else we did want to go by and see the Tree of Life awakenings and Pandora at night. I won’t torture you with all of my horrible ToL photos…

YiHHR02l.jpg

Just this one :thumbsup2

J1ldcusl.jpg

fH3Kirxl.jpg

After that we headed out to catch a bus. Sometimes we would get a bus that would stop at all of the Epcot area resorts, and this was one of those nights. None of us had been terribly hungry since our big lunch, but we were getting to that point where I knew I might get hungry when I laid down and that would keep me awake. Zack was almost distraught with the idea of skipping a meal - the horror! :rotfl: So when the bus stopped at the Boardwalk, we made the snap decision to hop off and grab some food. At this point Dolphin’s new QS, Fuel, wasn’t open yet (it opened within 2 weeks or so), though it closes at 10pm, and I didn’t realize they had a late night/24hr food down in Picabu. Process of elimination: We had eaten at Big River Grille just the other night, no one was doing another signature especially not fish, the pizza window was a hard pass for me after reviews here, so we ended up at ESPN club.

Everyone was pretty tired at this point, and not overly hungry. Zack and I got

gcoGRl2l.jpg

Loaded Tots - tater tots, smoked brisket beer cheese sauce, caramelized onions, cheddar, pico de gallo, green onion $12

Puva0YSl.jpg

Pub Nachos - house-fried corn tortilla chips, house-made chili, shredded cheddar, cheese sauce, sour cream, pico de gallo, jalapenos; $5 to add chicken; $8 to add shrimp; $16

His mom and aunt also got Nachos to split, and his dad ordered a burger. We definitely should have split one order of nachos for the table, they were pretty good size and no one was super hungry. I do wish I had known more about Homecomin’ at this point and drug everyone down to Disney Springs. I think we would have enjoyed that more. The ESPN club food was just average, nothing special, and everyone was tired which didn’t help. The tater tots didn't hold a candle to the ones at House of Blues.

ESPN Club: $108 including tax and tip, after saving $22 with TIW

Food Budget
Budgeted $224
Actual $280
TIW Savings: $29

Mainly over because I budgeted a QS dinner but we went to ESPN Club. Also I want to add, that we sort of/sort of didn’t help with Zack’s family’s food… We helped them get some Disney GCs, and then Zack and I gave his mom some in August for her birthday. But we got a combined bill when dining so we could use our TIW card, and then they’d give us GCs for about what their cost was, so it evened out.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter