"Forget About It"??? 32 Rides on a peak Saturday (14/12/19)

Mark_E

Mouseketeer
As a regular reader of these boards I finally joined up and thought I would share my trip report for this past Saturday (14th Dec 19). I can't thank all the regular posters on here enough who have posted tips and strategies. I visited with a co-worker and friend of mine.

I was initially worried about how busy it would be, but MaxPass was a godsend!

Started the day at Coco's opposite the hotel for a filling breakfast, caught a shuttle at 07:15 and was in the gates by about 07:40. As soon as we were in, we booked Space Mountain Fastpass for around 08:15. At rope drop we went straight to Indy, and just before we got on the ride, we picked up a Fastpass for Matterhorn.

1) Indy (10 min wait)
2) Space Mountain (FP)
3) Matterhorn (FP)

So by around 9am, we had hit three of the big rides. Whilst queuing for Matterhorn, we picked up a Fastpass for Haunted Mansion. We hit some of the Fantasyland rides next

4) Alice (10 min wait)
5) Mr Toad (<5 min)
6) Pinocchio (walk-on)
7) Snow White (5 min)
8) Dumbo (5 min)

10am and it was time for Haunted Mansion. At this point we selected our next Fastpass for Splash Mountain.

9) Haunted Mansion (FP)
10) Pooh (walk-on)
11) Splash Mountain (FP - although not really needed).

Splash was a shock, certainly wetter than the Orlando version! Must remember to pack my flip-flops for my Jan trip. We had our next FP for Big Thunder booked and had about 45 mins before we could use it so we joined a line... It was this point of the day, around 11am that we really notice the park starting to get busy.

12) Pirates (30 mins)
13) Big Thunder (FP)
14) Nemo (40 mins)

At 1pm we had our next Fastpass
15) Buzz (FP)

We booked our next Fastpass for Roger Rabbit, but the time gave us some room to play. We thought now was as good as ever to queue for Peter Pan, which was advertised as 40 mins.

16) Peter Pan (50 mins)
17) Roger Rabbit (FP)

A bit knackered by now and needing a sit down (we are both on UK time so its late evening to us.) We find grab some snacks and find a spot for the parade. Really nice sit down for about an hour and a half. We book Fastpass for Star Tours and Small World (times well into the evening now)

18) Autopia (15 mins)
19) Star Tours (FP)
20) Jungle Cruise (30 mins)

Time to hit Galaxy's Edge!
21) Smuggler's Run (Single Rider - 15 mins, main wait posted as 70). The line moved really fast!
22) Casey Jr (5 mins)
23) Storybook Canal Boats (15 mins)
24) Tiki Room

By now its around 7:30 and we are both flagging, and it was getting cold. Needed to have a sit down and recharge the batteries. We manage to get a seat in the Starbucks. We learn that Fantasmic is cancelled (we had booked the 10:30 show). Initial disappointment turned to a bit of relief as I'm not sure I could have coped in the cold with my light attire.

9pm and time for a quick ride before the fireworks. We have picked up a Big Thunder Fastpass and another Haunted Mansion fastpass for 23:15.

25) Small World (FP)
26) Space Mountain (Single Rider, straight after fireworks was a 5 min wait)
27) Big Thunder (FP)

Park is pretty quiet now and we are feeling energetic

28)Pirates (10 mins)
29) Smuggler's Run (Single Rider - walk-on, regular queue 40 mins)
30) Haunted Mansion (FP)
31) Indy (5 mins)
32) Star Tours (walk-on, we just made it into the line at 23:58, only two more people followed us).

So that was the day! 11 FP in all. I guess the main thing is don't queue for things if you can get a FP. I was amazed how many people were willing to wait over an hour for rides where the FP window was shorter than that. I'm back for 4 days in January and can't wait. Looking forward to a bit more of a relaxing trip, riding the train and monorail and doing DCA for the first time.

Just now reading this. I was in the park that day too. While it was busy, it was manageable. And it still shocks me how many people are willing to wait in long lines when there are fastpasses available. Glad you had fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!