Forget the french fries!

hercamore

<font color=blue>beagle boy mom<br><font color=tea
My el cheapo meal at Pecos Bills last wednesday was good and cheap.
One adult burger (no cheese) and l milk. Total $5.29

Topped the burger with muschroom, onions, lettuce, tomato at toppings bar.

Excellent. I didn't want the french fries loaded with calories and save about $l.50 on total order.

herc.

Good idea. Usually skip the fries myself on meals.

Can you do this at all the counter service places? I thought you had to take the fries.

kaitysmom, I think this is an option at most counter restaurants. Can't hurt to ask!

herc.

You're right. I am really glad to know this. DD hates fries and I don't need them :rolleyes:

Always an option to skip the fries. You can also replace them with something (usually a little bag of carrots, sometimes an apple), but, IMHO, just skip the fries. $1.50 for a little bag of carrots is steep!

Disney doens't list this on the menus. So you just have to ask.

I had the chilli-cheese fries at Pecos last night ( I'm on vacation-I'm going to eat bad) and my friend asked if I thought they would have substituted the carrots.

We often do this. The orders of fries are huge. For the 3 of us, we'll just get one order and the other 2 of us just get the sandwich. Saves us $3 at each counter service meal.

If you want to go even cheaper, order the double burger and split it with a friend. The double burger is only about $1 more than a single, but cut in half it's plenty for two people.

Wow -- on my last trip to Disney, I became quite addicted to their fries...so yummy! :bitelip: Can't imagine cutting them out. Of course, my husband and I don't eat much at our meals anyway, so we cut our spending by sharing meals. Makes them VERY cheap!! Bring on the fries!!! :love:

:charac2:
I find after a few days at WDW I don't even want to look at another french fry - they seem to come with everything!

I liked how at Beaches and Cream they gave us the option of fruit or fries. I always got the fruit....of course, I never ate it because I dislike fruit, but it saved me alot of unnecessary overeating.

I don't think I had one fry during our last trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter