fort wilderness 1400 loop?/// bikes??

yurijd01

Earning My Ears
will be leaving for F W this Fri 6/14
2 Questions:

1. I would like to be in a loop that is both close to transportation and the POOL. I booked a premium site. How is 1400 loop??? Any suggestions, hints comments......... I AM TRAVELING IN A 25 FOOT TRAILER.

2. :confused: I understand bikes are almost a necessity to get around.. Should i spend the extra couple of hundred and get a roof rack( I am towing and according to the trailers manufacturor I Cannot put bikes on the back of the trailer). It is very pricey to rent bikes in disney at :
$22 per day x 5 bikes:eek: :eek: :eek:

are the bikes that important???????

HELP:bounce:

Hi yurijd01,

I have never stayed in loop 1400 but
most people that have posted about
that loop have liked it(location) alot.

Another option to renting bikes is to
rent a golf cart from FW. They cost around
$ 40.00 to 45.00 per day and they can
seat 5. It makes getting around FW alot
easier.

we love the 1400 loop. its in a good location to the pool, meadows TP, Campfire program and the bike barn,

I suggest the electric cart, but bikes are alot of fun as well, you might consider putting the bikes in the trailer for the trip down

Hi yurijd01,
Do you have enough room inside the trailer for your bikes. When we towed an 18 foot trailer, the last thing that went inside were our five(yes count them 5) bikes. We lined them up front to back. perhaps this could be an option. I think that you need either bikes or a golf cart in the 1400 loop. We have campedthere several times and it is our favorite loop for the summer, close to the pool, campfire, meadows trading post, etc.
Hope this helps. KQ:smooth:

we have to take our bikes with us when we go. it is great just to be able to hop on them and go riding around. your kids will love the freedom they have with their bikes. they will be able to say they are going up to the playground on their bikes. they will really enjoy it.

I think bikes are a big plus. The golf carts are nice and a lot of fun however, everyone pretty much has to go to the same place at the same time. The bikes give you a lot more freedom for everyone to go and come as they please. A golf cart would be a good idea for a day so you can check out the whole campground. The 1400 loop is very close to the campfire program and pool. You would not NEED bikes for the big pool and campfire from the 1400 loop but you would to go to the marina area. If you at all enjoy riding bikes I would figure out some way to get them there.

Just wanted to add that although bikes, or carts, might be fun, if you an adult without trouble walking, they are by no means neccesary. My husband and I stayed in a cheap loop out by the meadows, and got around very well by foot - to the campfires, marina, etc. It was very pleasant walking if you watched out for the occasional armidillo. Also, beware if you have bikes., it's extremely dark. I don't think the bikes would be a good idea on the walking trail, and without light and good reflectors, they would not be safe on the road.

Rachel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter