Fort Wilderness Parking and Fees for Cabins and Campsites

Corgidad

6 years was enough
This information comes directly from the Resort manager, I have not added anything. I am at the Fort now and see this information as correct so I thought I would pass it along as this has been a hot topic.
Cabins---------------The $19.00 per vehicle fee is in place for anyone staying at the cabins and the front desk CMs are telling guests this when they check in.

Campsites----------- There is NO fee for any vehicle at a campsite

Front Parking lot---- this is the lot between the Overflow lot and the Outpost itself. If you have extra vehicles come visit you during the day or even stay the night with you that will not fit on your site this is where they should park. This lot is where you will also park any extra vehicle you bring in that will not fit on your site.
If you are staying in a cabin and the vehicle you park in this lot is not staying the night there is NO fee for parking, if it will be staying the night then the $19.00 parking fee applies.
If you are staying in the campsites and you park in this lot there is NO fee for parking even if your guest stays the night.

Overflow paved and grass lot-- If you are staying in a Cabin or Campsite there is NO fee to park your golf cart trailer in this lot, if you are staying in a cabin and you need to park a larger drivable vehicle in this lot then the $19.00 parking fee applies.If you are staying in a campsite there is NO charge to park your larger vehicles in this lot. Just remember to get a parking pass to attach to your vehicle or trailer.
Also for the Cabins or Campsites you are allowed to have 2 vehicles at your site but they must fit on the concrete pad or be parked in the front parking lot.
I hope this information helps everyone.

Thanks for the clarity in this information, Corgidad. This will be helpful info for folks.

Maybe this could be stickied/pinned at the top of the Camping Board?

Bama Ed

Thanks Corgidad!

This helps clarify a lot. And it makes sense with what has been posted prior.

j

Also for the Cabins or Campsites you are allowed to have 2 vehicles at your site but they must fit on the concrete pad or be parked in the front parking lot.

Also clears up the how many vehicle on a site issue. I think. Does a golf cart count as vehicle, does the RV count as vehicle in the 2 vehicle count? I don't think they do, so I hope I can have my truck and sons CRV parked on the site. They should both fit with our small trailer.

Also clears up the how many vehicle on a site issue. I think. Does a golf cart count as vehicle, does the RV count as vehicle in the 2 vehicle count? I don't think they do, so I hope I can have my truck and sons CRV parked on the site. They should both fit with our small trailer.
When I called Disney they said one vehicle. The 2 vehicles includes the RV but not the golf cart. I know there has been confusion about information given on the phone but that's what I was told when I called the Fort.

@himandher818 and girl disney, you can have your TT, 5th wheel, Mhome etc plus 2 other vehicles at your site as long as they all fit on the concrete pad. They can not be parked in the grass, dirt or common areas. Golf carts are not included as a vehicle so for example you could have your TT. tow truck, another vehicle and a golf cart at your site. If you have vehicles and carts scattered everywhere or encroaching on another site or the street they will probably ask you to move something.

@himandher818 and girl disney, you can have your TT, 5th wheel, Mhome etc plus 2 other vehicles at your site as long as they all fit on the concrete pad. They can not be parked in the grass, dirt or common areas. Golf carts are not included as a vehicle so for example you could have your TT. tow truck, another vehicle and a golf cart at your site. If you have vehicles and carts scattered everywhere or encroaching on another site or the street they will probably ask you to move something.
Thank you for clearing that up in so clearly. Your help is very much appreciated!

And for the record,

The part about having two vehicles at your site as long as they all fit on the concrete pad:

Which really only applies to the Premium campsites. They are the only ones wide enough to take two vehicles generally speaking and have all eight wheels on the concrete.

I've seen lots of folks try to put two cars on the tent loops and they don't have all eight wheels on the pavement.

"Ed, why do you keep harping about all wheels ON pavement?"

Because, dear reader, wheels OFF the pavement create mud when a car has wheels on the dirt and it rains (at least, I've heard it rains in Flordida :rolleyes:, I dunno maybe I could be wrong :rolleyes1, I just lived down around West Palm Beach, FL long enough to know that the ground does get wet from time to time). They'll lose traction slightly, spin a little mud out, and create a small pothole that will (with a gravity assist) gather rain the next time Mother Nature works her wonders. And the mud will get tracked around.

It's not that bad putting an extra car in the check-in lot and keeping only one car at your campsite.

Bama ED

Last edited:
Also I think the main reason is that Fort Wilderness is private property and did not have to confirm to city code when they put in the water, electric, sewer and cable tv lines. Thus they are very shallow and run right beside the concrete pads to their connection points with the main one the water lines going to the middle of the loop roads. When the weight of the vehicles push down from driving and sitting on the water lines they will pull apart at the weakest point which would be where they connect in the roadway. That is why when you drive around the loops there are patches in the road everywhere.

Interesting, that, Corgidad. I would not have expected the weak point to be there out in the street where it connects to the main line.

It will be like any rule at WDW - enforced when they choose to.

Bama Ed

Also I think the main reason is that Fort Wilderness is private property and did not have to confirm to city code when they put in the water, electric, sewer and cable tv lines. Thus they are very shallow and run right beside the concrete pads to their connection points with the main one the water lines going to the middle of the loop roads. When the weight of the vehicles push down from driving and sitting on the water lines they will pull apart at the weakest point which would be where they connect in the roadway. That is why when you drive around the loops there are patches in the road everywhere.

I am sure they conform to Reedy Creek codes, which of course they wrote.
And of course if you are too close to the road, someone may come thru, and clip your vehicle, by accident of course. Then you need to hope they stop, or you come back from you magical day at MK to find your vehicle damaged.

The part about having two vehicles at your site as long as they all fit on the concrete pad:

Which really only applies to the Premium campsites. They are the only ones wide enough to take two vehicles generally speaking and have all eight wheels on the concrete.

I've seen lots of folks try to put two cars on the tent loops and they don't have all eight wheels on the pavement.
I don't know if my site was the one out of a thousand, but I'm 99.6% percent sure we had all 8 wheels (midsize sedan and a minivan) on the pavement in the back of the 2000 loop when the cousins visited us at our site. I'll have to see if I accidentally took a picture of it... if I knew what a remarkable feat it was, I would have made sure to snap one! :D

I don't know if my site was the one out of a thousand, but I'm 99.6% percent sure we had all 8 wheels (midsize sedan and a minivan) on the pavement in the back of the 2000 loop when the cousins visited us at our site. I'll have to see if I accidentally took a picture of it... if I knew what a remarkable feat it was, I would have made sure to snap one! :D

There are a select few of them in that loop that are big enough, but just a few of them. You were probably lucky and landed one of them. I know when I visited Ed on his site back in March that the folks across from him had like 3 cars I believe. One of them was parked nose first in the ditch.

In Feb 17 our neighbors got several notes on their windshield because their truck had one tire off the edge of the pavement, there was no way it would fit otherwise and with 3 small kids I dont think he was up to schlepping to the overflow lot every time they needed to use their truck, meanwhile the weekend warriors around the corner came perilously close to burning up several trailers and nobody says Boo to them. It speaks to the erratic enforcement of certain rules. I am hoping the new gravel placed in the 1600 loop will get done in the other full hookup loops and alleviate some of the parking issues.

I was blown away, last week, when we passed by a site with a 30' travel trailer, golf cart, and 4 vehicles parked on their site. They were nowhere near having all wheels on pavement and remained that way for 3 days.

I was blown away, last week, when we passed by a site with a 30' travel trailer, golf cart, and 4 vehicles parked on their site. They were nowhere near having all wheels on pavement and remained that way for 3 days.

Welcome to our world.

Rule are rules but they're not enforced across the board.

I can't count how many decades it's been that way.

Bama Ed

PS - still waiting for the question about can a pop-up go on a Premium site with a Travel Trailer/Rv. The rule is one "tent" can go with one "trailer/rv" on a campsite. My in-laws would like to know because they would INVADE my campsite if they could with the pop-up rule...

PS - still waiting for the question about can a pop-up go on a Premium site with a Travel Trailer/Rv. The rule is one "tent" can go with one "trailer/rv" on a campsite. My in-laws would like to know because they would INVADE my campsite if they could with the pop-up rule...

Can't speak to the 'pop-up' question precisely, but our neighbors in the 900 loop 2 weeks ago had a pop-top conversion van parked across the back of the site (perpendicular to the site) and then their class C, personal vehicle and golf-cart all parked in front of it. They were well within their space and definitely parked on the pad, but of they can have a pop-top van, I don't see what the difference would be in a traditional pop-up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!