Four Seasons???

TravelingJen24

DVC Member
I was just wondering if in addition to your DVC ownership, if anyone also owns at the four seasons? We are thinking of buying a resale at Aviara in San Diego, but not sure if the dues will be worth it when we already own DVC. The broker even stated that we should not sell our DVC because the value is going up.:cool1: Just curious if anyone else had one and what their feelings on it were. TIA!

We don't own there -- but have stayed on an exchange. While the 2BR unit was lovely inside -- I was very disappointed with its location. I had expected beautiful views of the lagoon and its wildlife ... and was instead perched over a busy street.

However ... if your reasons for ownership are tied to loving the resort and its location and you have plans to visit the resort for each interval owned ... I suppose it has its merits. (Nice china, great kitchen, large bathrooms.)

Links to related threads on Timeshare User's Group (TUG):
a) ready to buy Aviara gold - push me
b) what does Four Seasons have to offer
c) Four Seasons Residence Club Resales

I'm a little confused about the pricing. The posts about Four Seasons Aviara seem to talk about a week for $15K. Pricing I've seen for other Four Season resorts were more in the $250-$350K range --- quite a difference. I wonder where the WDW pricing will fall?

We are at the Four Seasons Aviara right now. Tried to stop in the sales center to see if they had any info because I thought it was announced that the Four Seasons were going to build timeshares at WDW. They called a sales mgr and told me no they aren't building there. I'm confused...

How is the weather?
Comfortable temps but May-gray is settling in right on schedule. The past weekend was "mostly sunny" with a marine layer creeping on shore starting 2'ish.

For this coming weekend ... the Del Mar National Horse Show is featuring Hunting/Jumping at the race track. Admission on Friday is free ... but parking is $9. (Was certainly worth it for last week's Dressage events.)

Both Four Seasons and Disney have announced the Four Seasons project that will be in the area of the Bonnet Creek golf courses (Osprey Ridge and Eagle Pines) at WDW. From descriptions being given these will be very expensive units, described as "fractional ownership" (usually referring to the fact that people will buying months not weeks) although there will actually also be some single family homes. Some quotes reported as being said by Disney and Four Seasons personnel refer to the resort as "upscale," "for the affluent," and it will attract "people with a lot of money." In other words, most of us won't be buying there.

I can't wait until next week. We are going to Dis for two days on points before hand, so we leave on Wed. The horseshoe sounds like fun. I love Del Mar. We used to live in La Jolla when I was going to school there and enjoyed going to the small village there. I hope that you had a good time. Have you ever done any fishing excursions from Oceanside? The concierge is booking one for my husband. I love that they do that for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter