FP+ and Rider Swap

Thanks for the update. When you say this was the first time you had been told both riders needed it, does that imply that both riders did not need it on your previous attempts at other rides? If that's the case, which rides did they give you the swap without Group 2 having FP?

SDMT is literally the only ride we’ve been told that group 2 riders must have a FP.
We’re currently here for three weeks and in the last two weeks we’ve done every ride and not had any problems or question about group 2 requiring FP - even countless times on Slinky Dog. It looks like it’s literally just SDMT that is causing the problem.

Thanks for the update. When you say this was the first time you had been told both riders needed it, does that imply that both riders did not need it on your previous attempts at other rides? If that's the case, which rides did they give you the swap without Group 2 having FP?
It was our first day in the parks so this was our first attempt using it. A friend had visited in August and planned her FP+ Riderswap the same way, (FP+ for one adult, ask for riderswap at beginning of line, and cast member gives second adult and up to three additional riders a FP+) She never encountered a problem with it, which is why I didn’t think I’d have any issues either.
After 7dmt, I never attempted to use riderswap again. I was too scared of rejection! We used the EMH’s and were able to ride everything we wanted to for the most part, without needing FP. We also did traditional rider swap in the standby lanes if they were only like 30 minutes. We did this for Slinky Dog early one morning. My husband waited in standby line with the big kids while I when off with the toddler, and then afterwards the big kids got to ride again with me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!