FP FAQ ADDENDUM: Park Hopping Tips; Refresh; Additional Tier 1 Booking; Anytime (Bonus) FPs; CL FPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
FEA fp still began at 11 as of late June. looked on day 7 at the 60 day window and wasn't available until after 11. But it's been very reasonable wait times on the several days I've been tracking up until 11 (10:55) when first FPers and FW RDers funnel in. So don't even have to go there 1st. That's our cut off time for SB if going to EP in am. Wait times for anything varies so much day to day (it was 80 min for Tommorowland Speedway yesterday) but FEA can be around 30 min even as late as 10:45ish but then nearly doubling half hr later.

This is what I have been seeing too with regards to FEA wait times! And thanks for the confirmation on the 11am FP start time. ((Sorry for putting quote at bottom)

FEA fp still began at 11 as of late June. looked on day 7 at the 60 day window and wasn't available until after 11. But it's been very reasonable wait times on the several days I've been tracking up until 11 (10:55) when first FPers and FW RDers funnel in. So don't even have to go there 1st. That's our cut off time for SB if going to EP in am. Wait times for anything varies so much day to day (it was 80 min for Tommorowland Speedway yesterday) but FEA can be around 30 min even as late as 10:45ish but then nearly doubling half hr later.

It's busier than most days today given
1) its 7/11, summer crowds, schools is out, possibly the influx of families still around from the holiday a week ago.
2) its Tue, Late EMH at EP
3) more modest effect, but Spaceship Earth was down in am.

It was 40min, 75 min, 125min for FEA, Soarin, TT at 10:50am. 40 min is Reasonable wait to me for FEA if you were able to Rope drop Soarin - maybe couple of times, FP TT, fit in a quicker ride or 2, then go to FEA. (You'd have to go back for attractions like Figment, shorts, Nemo/walking around living with seas, LWTL-but these normally have reasonable waits).

20 min later at 11:10am, it jumped to 60 min for FEA, remained 75 for Soarin, 90 for TT. I can almost picture a line of FP people at 10:55 at FEA.

For us in Sept, that 40 min close to 11, I'm hoping for more like 25-35min SB after already having rode the FW rides.

I was going to split FPs often (Ie between EP and HS)... but having trouble fitting it in with all of the AK days:). that day 7 that was going to be starting at EP is now an FoP (like most days), then going after something like TT/Soarin and Spaceship Earth. Only other time doing the split FPs will be starting at HS (RnR, ToT, resisting FP star tours and picking a MK FP after scanning at RnR). Think we're thinking we'd wait until last min to cancel our star tours and last 2 FPs at AK though just in case we search and there's nothing good at park 2.

Split stay question. I have an AP and a room reservation with dining plan (now a package?). I am onsite Sept 29 - Oct 3 and again Oct 8 - 11, then onsite but at a different hotel Oct 12 - 17. I will begin to make fastpasses on July 31 but I will not need FPs Sept 29. Can I make FP reservations through Oct 6? And then does the rolling 60 day thing start or do I wait until August 9 (60 days before Oct 8) to make the FP reservations for Oct 8-17? I live in California and want to avoid 4 am mornings if I can.

Split stay question. I have an AP and a room reservation with dining plan (now a package?). I am onsite Sept 29 - Oct 3 and again Oct 8 - 11, then onsite but at a different hotel Oct 12 - 17. I will begin to make fastpasses on July 31 but I will not need FPs Sept 29. Can I make FP reservations through Oct 6? And then does the rolling 60 day thing start or do I wait until August 9 (60 days before Oct 8) to make the FP reservations for Oct 8-17? I live in California and want to avoid 4 am mornings if I can.
You can book through October 3rd. The rolling begins 60 days out from the 4th.

Then, 60 days out from October 8th you can book for Stay#2, BUT, the system will max you out at 7 days of FPs because of your offsite days between the 2 onsite stays.

You can book through October 3rd. The rolling begins 60 days out from the 4th.

Then, 60 days out from October 8th you can book for Stay#2, BUT, the system will max you out at 7 days of FPs because of your offsite days between the 2 onsite stays.
Thanks for the quick response. I have to figure out a work around. The first stay is with a friend and I need 4 days of fastpasses and the last stay is with my daughter and grandchildren and I need another 4 days. I don't need any in the middle. Would it work to have my daughter set up her own MDE account and link the room reservation and her tickets (not APs) and put me in too with my AP or does it still lock me out of the last day? Or can I make fastpasses for my daughter, son-in-law and the grandchildren only (not me) for one day? Or can I call to get help?

Thanks for the quick response. I have to figure out a work around. The first stay is with a friend and I need 4 days of fastpasses and the last stay is with my daughter and grandchildren and I need another 4 days. I don't need any in the middle. Would it work to have my daughter set up her own MDE account and link the room reservation and her tickets (not APs) and put me in too with my AP or does it still lock me out of the last day? Or can I make fastpasses for my daughter, son-in-law and the grandchildren only (not me) for one day? Or can I call to get help?
What you can do is only book for the 2 onsite stays. If you do this, then the system allows you complete length of Stay FPs for your 2nd Stay.

Don't book for any offsite days and the system won't max you out.

What you can do is only book for the 2 onsite stays. If you do this, then the system allows you complete length of Stay FPs for your 2nd Stay.

Don't book for any offsite days and the system won't max you out.
Perfect. That solves the problem. No offsite needed since I will be at Universal. Thanks so much for your help.

So today was my first day to book FP+. I was up almost on time, my worst one is SDMT for 5:50pm. I got big thunder and Peter Pan at reasonable times. Should I keep checking on and off to see if any more times show up for SDMT? I'm unsure if any more would show up before the day of, and I figured I would take it, and if I get to rope drop it instead, I'll just cancel it that day.

So today was my first day to book FP+. I was up almost on time, my worst one is SDMT for 5:50pm. I got big thunder and Peter Pan at reasonable times. Should I keep checking on and off to see if any more times show up for SDMT? I'm unsure if any more would show up before the day of, and I figured I would take it, and if I get to rope drop it instead, I'll just cancel it that day.

People change plans all the time. The more often you check, the better your chances.

If you book 3, you must use all 3 before you can make another anywhere (so it's not use 1, make 1 more when you still have 2 remaining). However, if you ONLY make 1 in advance, then once you've scanned at that first FP (so the system knows you're actually in a park that day), then you can make the remaining 2 (since you're allowed 3 originally) for whatever parks you want at that point (so if you're at Epcot and scan at Soarin', you can then book 2 at MK. Or one at MK and one at HS.) You can't make a 4th until you scan at the 3rd FPP, whatever park it happens to be in.

Whoa. Am I understanding correctly? If I prebook just 1 FP for FOP at 9:00 am, I could theoretically book my remaining 2 FPs as soon as I tap in at 9:00, and they could be in two different parks (like 1 each in DHS and EPCOT)??? Or can I not introduce a 3rd party until after tapping in ti the FP at the 2nd park?

I don't know if this is because of the update or if I've never tried this before

I want to change parks AND dates. Is there a way to do that?
I have all my allotted FP currently booked and I suppose would prefer not to cancel them if I can't get what I want.
When I try to Add a FP, it says I don't have any FP left.
When I go to modify, I can only get the same park or a different park on the same day

so is there a way to change the FP from 10/22 in MK to 10/24 in HS?

I want to change parks AND dates. Is there a way to do that?
Unfortunately, you need an available ticket entitlement to open that "new" day. The only way to get it is by canceling out a day of FPs.

What works for a lot of DISERS:
Post your park date, park of choice and the number in your Party.
APs or people with tickets sitting in their MDE can check for you. :)

Unfortunately, you need an available ticket entitlement to open that "new" day. The only way to get it is by canceling out a day of FPs.

What works for a lot of DISERS:
Post your park date, park of choice and the number in your Party.
APs or people with tickets sitting in their MDE can check for you. :)

thanks
I'll just take the risk...sigh

so is there a way to change the FP from 10/22 in MK to 10/24 in HS?

Hiro is right - there are lots of crazy people around here (me included!) who think checking for FPs is fun! I only have my AP available for FPs right now, so I could only check for one person, but it looks like there is pretty good FP availability at HS for 10/24 right now. Not sure which attractions you are interested in, but for example:

RnR - 9:10, 10:20, 11:25, 11:30, 12:05, 12:35, etc....
TSMM - 11, 11:25, 11:40, 12:05, 12:55, 1, 1:45, 2:20, etc...
ST - 9:35, 10:45, 11:50, 12:25, 12:35, 1:10, 1:30, 2:10, etc....
ToT - 9:05, 10:15, 11:25, 11:35, 12:15, 12:35, 1:05, 1:55, etc...

If there are specific attractions or times you are interested in, let me know and I'm happy to check. Just keep in mind I'm only checking for one person, though - availability will likely be more limited the bigger your party is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!