FP FAQ ADDENDUM: Park Hopping Tips; Refresh; Additional Tier 1 Booking; Anytime (Bonus) FPs; CL FPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theoretical situation....

Has anyone tried scanning a fastpass post for something they DO NOT have a fastpass for in order to "prove" they are in the park? For example, if I have booked FP+s at HS ONLY for Star Tours at 940 and SDD at 1140, could I "prove" I'm in the park by tapping my MB at something else on the way to TSMM? Or does it *have* to be something I have a FP+ for?
You cannot “tap in” to a FP where you do not have one currently booked. Unless I’m misunderstanding you question?

I didn't know if it was just the scanning of the band (and obviously if I don't have a FP, the mickey head on the post would not turn the correct color, and I would not attempt to actually go on the ride via that FP line) that proved you were in the park or if it was activating your first FP that would prove you were in the park.

We won't be in a park for 4 more weeks, but I might try it if no one else has. If it doesn't work, oh well.....if it does, then I'll be able to make a FP for a different park probably 2 hours earlier than if I had to tap into Star Tours.

I didn't know if it was just the scanning of the band (and obviously if I don't have a FP, the mickey head on the post would not turn the correct color, and I would not attempt to actually go on the ride via that FP line) that proved you were in the park or if it was activating your first FP that would prove you were in the park.

You will scan your band when you enter the park, which would seem to make your question about which attraction to scan at once inside moot.

You will scan your band when you enter the park, which would seem to make your question about which attraction to scan at once inside moot.

Not sure it makes it "moot" since the entry tapstiles are not FP tapstiles. Unlikely, maybe. Disney has enough weird technology loopholes that I'm curious about this one. It's obviously not going to make or break my trip, I just like to think in "what-ifs."

Not sure it makes it "moot" since the entry tapstiles are not FP tapstiles. Unlikely, maybe. Disney has enough weird technology loopholes that I'm curious about this one. It's obviously not going to make or break my trip, I just like to think in "what-ifs."

It seems obvious to me that you’ve proven you’re in the park when you enter it, which requires you to scan your band. But WDW IT has disappointed me before.

If you don’t mind researching, your results can be added to the Park Hopping section.

The only FP touchpoint along your route will be Frozen Singalong.

It seems obvious to me that you’ve proven you’re in the park when you enter it, which requires you to scan your band. But WDW IT has disappointed me before.
It’s the FP system that has to know he’s in a park to book FP#3 in Park#2. Otherwise, his FP#3 will be limited to DHS.

Curious as to what you are hoping to accomplish by this? If attempting to get a second tier 1 quicker you’d want to actually book that 3rd and just tap in.

It’s the FP system that has to know he’s in a park to book FP#3 in Park#2. Otherwise, his FP#3 will be limited to DHS.

Yes, this is true from my experience (that it has to be a FP tapstile and not park entry tapstile). That said, I have never tried to tap for an FP I didn't have. Sounds like a very interesting thing to test out...

I have a question that I am hoping the experts on this thread can help me with (I did look through the first few pages of the thread but I don't believe that I saw an answer there). I will be booking FPs for myself and my two daughters for our upcoming May trip. My DD18's friend may be coming to join her on one of the days. I had thought about adding her friend to our friends and families list (she is from Florida and has an annual pass) and then just booking FPs for all of us but she apparently doesn't like to go on some of the more exciting (for lack of a better word) rides which we prefer to book. If she is able to join my daughter, they will likely go off on their own and try to make their own FP reservations based on what is available on that particular day. (I realize that availability may be limited for them at that point but they are willing to take that chance apparently.) . So the question is, on the day of our park visit, can I delete just my DD18's FPs so that my younger daughter and I can keep the FP's that we booked in advance or will I have to cancel all of our FPs in order to "release" my DD18's FPs so that she can make FPs reservations with her friend? Please let me know if any of that is unclear/confusing :). TIA!!

I have a question that I am hoping the experts on this thread can help me with (I did look through the first few pages of the thread but I don't believe that I saw an answer there). I will be booking FPs for myself and my two daughters for our upcoming May trip. My DD18's friend may be coming to join her on one of the days. I had thought about adding her friend to our friends and families list (she is from Florida and has an annual pass) and then just booking FPs for all of us but she apparently doesn't like to go on some of the more exciting (for lack of a better word) rides which we prefer to book. If she is able to join my daughter, they will likely go off on their own and try to make their own FP reservations based on what is available on that particular day. (I realize that availability may be limited for them at that point but they are willing to take that chance apparently.) . So the question is, on the day of our park visit, can I delete just my DD18's FPs so that my younger daughter and I can keep the FP's that we booked in advance or will I have to cancel all of our FPs in order to "release" my DD18's FPs so that she can make FPs reservations with her friend? Please let me know if any of that is unclear/confusing :). TIA!!

I have never had to do this, but you should be able to just delete hers and leave everyone elses alone. I have deleted a single one when someone didn't want to ride one of ours and we wanted to be able to refresh for a 4th and so on, and I think that would be the same thing.

I have never had to do this, but you should be able to just delete hers and leave everyone elses alone. I have deleted a single one when someone didn't want to ride one of ours and we wanted to be able to refresh for a 4th and so on, and I think that would be the same thing.
Thanks very much for your response ninafeliz! I actually just made my FP reservations today and I was able to check to see if I could delete just one person from a FP booking and it looks like this is definitely an option. Thanks for the input...I really appreciate it!!

When refreshing for food, if available will it always appear first on list of selections (so I don't have to scroll down Everytime)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter