FP FAQ ADDENDUM: Park Hopping Tips; Refresh; Additional Tier 1 Booking; Anytime (Bonus) FPs; CL FPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a FAQ / guided process on how to split large parties in order to either obtain in the first instance or modify a FP+? I have a party of 7, easily split into 3 and 4 based on the two families traveling. If nothing is showing for a party of 7, what exactly is the process for splitting into 3 and 4? If I just picked the 3 or 4 group, I would modify as desired and lock in and then basically go back and do the same thing for the other party? Thus, it's a bit of a risk that overlapping times won't be available, correct?

Is there a FAQ / guided process on how to split large parties in order to either obtain in the first instance or modify a FP+? I have a party of 7, easily split into 3 and 4 based on the two families traveling. If nothing is showing for a party of 7, what exactly is the process for splitting into 3 and 4? If I just picked the 3 or 4 group, I would modify as desired and lock in and then basically go back and do the same thing for the other party? Thus, it's a bit of a risk that overlapping times won't be available, correct?
Correct, you would just first select the first 3 (or 4) then go back and repeat the process for the others. Though I don’t think you’ll have a problem with 7 if you’re booking at your 60 day mark - I’ve done larger parties with no issue (even for SDD and FOP). Good luck!

Hi. I am going to be booking FPs soon and have APs and a 10 night stay so going to be doing a little of park hopping and want to make sure below is still correct since it looks like it is from 2016. THANKS SO MUCH, this thread is fabulous!

When_2 or less FP+ are booked for Park #1:
Additionally, the new changes allow you to book fewer than three FP+ and once you scan the first FP+ (from within the first park), you can at that point make FP+ selections for a different park, even if you still have a FP+ remaining in the first park.

This can be especially helpful for Tiered parks – if for example you wish to hit Epcot at rope drop, use only a Tier 1 FP+ and then still have 2 more FP+ for another park later in the day.

Additionally, there is no restriction on Tier requirements BETWEEN PARKS during one day. So if you use a Tier 1 at Epcot you can then book a second Tier 1 at HS immediately upon scanning – Also, you can even book your remaining two FP+ at two different parks if you would like!

NOTE: Splitting FP+ between parks or booking for another park can NOT be done until the same day, AFTER you have already scanned your card/MB at the first FP+ Mickey head to “prove” to the system that you’re in a park.

You cannot book for 2 different parks in advance or even on the same day until you have scanned your first FP+ (not just gotten into the park).

Hi. I am going to be booking FPs soon and have APs and a 10 night stay so going to be doing a little of park hopping and want to make sure below is still correct since it looks like it is from 2016. THANKS SO MUCH, this thread is fabulous!

When_2 or less FP+ are booked for Park #1:
Additionally, the new changes allow you to book fewer than three FP+ and once you scan the first FP+ (from within the first park), you can at that point make FP+ selections for a different park, even if you still have a FP+ remaining in the first park.

This can be especially helpful for Tiered parks – if for example you wish to hit Epcot at rope drop, use only a Tier 1 FP+ and then still have 2 more FP+ for another park later in the day.

Additionally, there is no restriction on Tier requirements BETWEEN PARKS during one day. So if you use a Tier 1 at Epcot you can then book a second Tier 1 at HS immediately upon scanning – Also, you can even book your remaining two FP+ at two different parks if you would like!

NOTE: Splitting FP+ between parks or booking for another park can NOT be done until the same day, AFTER you have already scanned your card/MB at the first FP+ Mickey head to “prove” to the system that you’re in a park.

You cannot book for 2 different parks in advance or even on the same day until you have scanned your first FP+ (not just gotten into the park).
Yes; all info remains the same.

I plan to hop from Epcot to HS. After I scan at the first soarin checkpoint can I grab a HS FP before I scan at the second soarin checkpoint? I just want to make sure that the 2nd checkpoint will still recognize that I had a legitimate FP.

We haven’t been in 2 years and I’m amazed at how quickly FP are booked up. I was on at 6:55, refreshing, and at 7 when my trip days opened I couldn’t get FOP, SDD, or SDMT until the last three days of my 9 day trip. At all. We’re going 8/24-9/1. Interestingly, HS FPS were widely available on 8/29, the day SWGE opens. I was able to get SDD at 8PM that night (my son wants to see TSL at night, and that AM we are having a pool morning). I question my wisdom there, but we’ll see!!

I booked my top priorities first, filled in around them, and then spent about 30 minutes adjusting everything as the plans got clearer.

I found that if I’d booked a FP I was able to move it, usually, in 5-15 minutes increments even if the app reported no FP available. Modify worked but not a new booking. I did end up moving one meal as I felt one particular day was going to be too much of a run around, but while stressful, I did get all the rides I wanted at roughly agreeable times. All in, I was at it for about 90 minutes.

Our last trip started poorly with our room not ready until after 6PM and as I stood there looking tired (I really didn’t even complain, the kids were swimming, I’d had a margarita, I really just wanted to change my clothes!!) a manager said he’d fix it and gave each person in our party three open FP per day, on top of the ones I’d booked. I’ll never get that trip again!! (I really need another Disney flub on my trip!)

Okay, it has been 4 years since our last trip. Can someone answer this. I had to change my trip to 2 weeks earlier and missed my 60 day window date. I have booked fast passes but I'm not clear on hopping v and booming fast passes. If I have Tier 1 at HS and I have 2 tier 2s, can I book a Tier 1 at Epcot right after I have checked in at Tier 1 ride OR do I have fo have less than 3 FPs to book a Tier 1 at another park OR do I have to complete all FPs before I book....or are both true. Thanks. I literally am learning everything from this thread.

If I have Tier 1 at HS and I have 2 tier 2s, can I book a Tier 1 at Epcot right after I have checked in at Tier 1 ride OR do I have fo have less than 3 FPs to book a Tier 1
You need less than 3. If you pre-book 3 FPs, you have to wait until you enter the FP line for FP#3 to book #4.

The steps are in the Park Hopping tips post at the beginning of this thread.

Okay, it has been 4 years since our last trip. Can someone answer this. I had to change my trip to 2 weeks earlier and missed my 60 day window date. I have booked fast passes but I'm not clear on hopping v and booming fast passes. If I have Tier 1 at HS and I have 2 tier 2s, can I book a Tier 1 at Epcot right after I have checked in at Tier 1 ride OR do I have fo have less than 3 FPs to book a Tier 1 at another park OR do I have to complete all FPs before I book....or are both true. Thanks. I literally am learning everything from this thread.

This thread is extremely helpful. You may also want to look at the first page of the main FP FAQ.

With the new tiers at HS I am wondering if I can prebook only 2 FP for SDD and Star Tours, then add a third FP day of after I have ridden SDD for another tier 1 or even Star Tours again (before I have ridden Star Tours with the first FP)

With the new tiers at HS I am wondering if I can prebook only 2 FP for SDD and Star Tours, then add a third FP day of after I have ridden SDD for another tier 1 or even Star Tours again (before I have ridden Star Tours with the first FP)
No, you would need to book and use (or let expire) 2 different tier 2 FP+ in addition to SDD in order to book an additional tier 1 FP+ or repeat a tier 2 FP+.

If you booked something like the first Voyage of the Little Mermaid show of the day, then SDD, then Star Tours, you would be able to pick up another tier 1 or Star Tours FP+ as soon as you tapped for Star Tours since Little Mermaid would cancel and count as a tier 2.

Excerpted from Post #8 of the main FP FAQ:
A second Group 1 attraction in the same park can be scheduled only as a 4th FP or beyond. In other words, scheduling less than 3 FPs for a day in a tiered park is not a shortcut to getting a second Group 1 FP in the same park faster.

I'm sorry if this has already been asked. Is it going to be possible to get CL FP for club level at Gran Destino?

No need to apologize, that’s why threads and boards like the DIS exist. Yes, it has been confirmed that CL guests at the Gran Destino tower can book the trial paid CL FP program.

When TT is down,
1. Approximately how long does it take to turn into an anytime FP?
2. Is FEA excluded?

When TT is down,
1. Approximately how long does it take to turn into an anytime FP?
2. Is FEA excluded?
1-If the ride is already down prior to your FP+ window opening, it will convert to a multiple experience FP+ up to 15 minutes prior to the FP+ start time. You will get an e-mail notification and see the change in the MDE app. This also means you can select a new tier 1 attraction since the multiple experience FP+ is no longer treated as 1 of your 3 for the day.

2-FEA is excluded when Test Track is down.

Can anyone confirm that post 5 (expiring T2 fastpasses) is still valid? (like in the past 30 days or so) There's been some hubbub that rules have changed around this. I personally think it's people just not understanding the system but I've been known to be wrong before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!