FPs and park hopping

mchelle77

DIS Veteran
I'm starting my day at AK and have 3 FPs set but I only care about the one first thing in the morning. I plan on "tapping in" to the second one but then if I leave to go to DHS, can I modify that third one for a FP in that next park? I don't typically park hop, so I'm new to what I can do and how to handle FPs in this instance.

I'm starting my day at AK and have 3 FPs set but I only care about the one first thing in the morning. I plan on "tapping in" to the second one but then if I leave to go to DHS, can I modify that third one for a FP in that next park? I don't typically park hop, so I'm new to what I can do and how to handle FPs in this instance.

You don't need to pre-book 3. Just do the ones you want and then hop.

You can do this as long as the one you’ve used isn’t a tier 1, otherwise you have to use 2 tier two FPs prior to booking another tier 1, even if in a different park. (All bets are off if the MK is involved though- no tiering there).
This is not the case. You can even use a tier 1 in park one and then immediately add a tier 1 in park 2 and a tier 1 in park 3.

Your other option is to just rope drop AK and do the one ride you want standby (I assume you're going for FoP). That being said, if you're hoping for mostly tier one rides in DHS (since the Tier 2 optons other than Star Tours are lousy), you're actually better off doing the one ride in AK first with FP otherwise you'll be forced to tap into 2 rides at DHS before you can go for a 2nd tier one. What you're going to want to do is get to your AK ride as early as you can and start looking for your DHS ride as soon as you tap in. You'll likely have some good luck with how early you'll likely be starting to search for them.

I agree, if you don't want the other 2 FPs, I would cancel them now. As soon as you tap in for your FP at AK search the other park for FPs and get them booked.
You don't have to be in the same park as the FPs you are trying to get.

That`s confusing because, in threads about the lousy FP situation at DHS, everyone seems to be booking two "throwaway" FPs along with the one useful, Tier One FP. Why bother with the throwaways, especially when people run around the park scanning their magic bands just to get rid of them?
Because this only works when park hopping, not when staying in the same park.

That`s confusing because, in threads about the lousy FP situation at DHS, everyone seems to be booking two "throwaway" FPs along with their one useful, Tier One FP. Why bother with the throwaways, especially when people run around the park scanning their magic bands just to get rid of them?
Because this only works when park hopping, not when staying in the same park.

Okay, thanks.

That`s confusing because, in threads about the lousy FP situation at DHS, everyone seems to be booking two "throwaway" FPs along with their one useful, Tier One FP. Why bother with the throwaways, especially when people run around the park scanning their magic bands just to get rid of them?
This works because of the change in Tiers at HS. If you plan to spend a good part of the day at HS, most people will want to ride the Tier 1 rides. You can only prebook 1 Tier 1 and must use the 2 Tier 2 before you can get another Tier 1 FP. So, either you don't get anymore Tier 1 FPs for the day, pick the Tier 2 rides you want to do, or pick Tier 2 rides that you can tap and go and get your next Tier 1 as early as possible. Before the shuffle of the Tier rides, this wasn't an issue. And probably won't be after they have FPs for the SWGE rides ( and they redo the Tiers again).

If all you want to do is use one pass, then book that. As soon as you use it, you can immediately book a new one at your next park. Once that is used, you can add another one.

This is not the case. You can even use a tier 1 in park one and then immediately add a tier 1 in park 2 and a tier 1 in park 3.

But only after using each one, correct? You have to use up the first FP in park 1, before you can book 1 for park 2. I agree that the FP for park 2 can be a Tier 1. Once that is used, you can then book in park 3!

But only after using each one, correct? You have to use up the first FP in park 1, before you can book 1 for park 2. I agree that the FP for park 2 can be a Tier 1. Once that is used, you can then book in park 3!
No, I mean you can have 2 FP's in 2 different parks at the same time and both can be tier 1...after tapping the 1st FP of course.

Here's a screenshot from last year that I've shared on here before. These were grabbed after tapping FOP. Last month I also explained this to someone on a different forum and they then showed that they were able to get TSM and FOP after tapping their first. I'll try to get a couple updated screenshots next month if I remember.

Screenshot_20180513-095239_Disney World.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter