Fraction BWV in Standard / Pool&Garden / Boardwalk view

skier_pete

DIsney-holics Anon
Hey all,

I have searched everywhere, and though I know I've seen it before, I just wanted to get the data that shows what % of the available rooms (studios / 1-bedrooms / 2-bedrooms) at BWV are standard vs Boardwalk view vs Pool&Garden. I remember it was something like 12 % Standard, and 18% Boardwalk and the rest were Pool&Garden but I was hoping to find the exact numbers. Thanks!

BWV Standard Studios: 15 ded/37 LO
BWV P/G Studios: 74 ded/91 LO
BWV BW Studios: 8 ded/21 LO

BWV Standard 1BR: 23 ded/37 LO
BWV P/G 1BR: 98 ded/91 LO
BWV BW 1BR: 9 ded/21 LO

BWV Standard 2BR: 37 LO
BWV P/G 2BR: 91 LO
BWV BW 2BR: 21 LO

383 units
532 max available rooms

Depends how you want to math the LO, obviously.

or if you prefer percentages....

246 studios

12% BW view
21% Standard view
67% P/G view

279 1 Bdrm
11% BW view
23% Standard view
68% P/G view

149 2 Bdrm (all lock-offs)
14% BW view
25% Standard view
61% P/G view

:)

Thanks for all the replies. I've captured the data in my spreadsheet.

So - calculated percentages - first row is total. Second row is dedicated only, 3rd row is lock-off only.

Studios St P/G BW
Total 21.1% 67.1% 11.8%
Ded 15.5% 76.3% 8.2%
LO 24.8% 61.1% 14.1%

Same thing for 1-beds.

1-bdrm St P/G BW
Total 21.5% 67.7% 10.8%
Ded 17.7% 75.4% 6.9%
LO 24.8% 61.1% 14.1%

2 bedroom is same as LO above 24.8% 61.1% 14.1%

It's interesting that the dedicated rooms are pretty significantly swayed towards the Pool/garden view versus the Lock-offs. Also interesting that 1-bedroom numbers are different than studios, though not by a huge margin.

I didn't realize the BW view numbers were so low, and the standard ones so high - for some reason I thought it was the other way. I'm a bit surprised standards go faster than BW views for that reason. I realize standards are less points, but being as there are almost twice as many of them and I would think BW view would be VERY desirable. We were just able to get BW view at 7 months for February though - and never would've gotten standard view.

The other thing I never really though about was it must be quite difficult to get 2-bedrooms at BWV since they are all lock-offs - especially in one of the lesser categories. When the studios are all gone, the 2-bedrooms are gone too!

Thanks for all the replies. I've captured the data in my spreadsheet.

So - calculated percentages - first row is total. Second row is dedicated only, 3rd row is lock-off only.

Studios St P/G BW
Total 21.1% 67.1% 11.8%
Ded 15.5% 76.3% 8.2%
LO 24.8% 61.1% 14.1%

Same thing for 1-beds.

1-bdrm St P/G BW
Total 21.5% 67.7% 10.8%
Ded 17.7% 75.4% 6.9%
LO 24.8% 61.1% 14.1%

2 bedroom is same as LO above 24.8% 61.1% 14.1%

It's interesting that the dedicated rooms are pretty significantly swayed towards the Pool/garden view versus the Lock-offs. Also interesting that 1-bedroom numbers are different than studios, though not by a huge margin.

I didn't realize the BW view numbers were so low, and the standard ones so high - for some reason I thought it was the other way. I'm a bit surprised standards go faster than BW views for that reason. I realize standards are less points, but being as there are almost twice as many of them and I would think BW view would be VERY desirable. We were just able to get BW view at 7 months for February though - and never would've gotten standard view.

The other thing I never really though about was it must be quite difficult to get 2-bedrooms at BWV since they are all lock-offs - especially in one of the lesser categories. When the studios are all gone, the 2-bedrooms are gone too!

We have owned at BWV for 18 years and I still don't know how the booking works for 2 bedrooms. Are a certain number of 2 bedrooms set aside to remain 2 bedrooms, even if studios are all booked and a member wants a studio?

or if you prefer percentages....

Could I get it in Roman numerals? Thanks. ;)

Are a certain number of 2 bedrooms set aside to remain 2 bedrooms, even if studios are all booked and a member wants a studio?

It's handled automatically by the booking engine. Suppose there's one 2BR lock off available for a one day trip on a certain date. In this case, it'll show a 2BR lock off, a studio, and a 1BR as options to book. If, for example, someone books just the studio, then only the 1BR will be left. If that studio were subsequently cancelled and the 1BR was still available, then the 3 options would all be available again.

As far as I've been able to tell, 2BR lock offs aren't held separately for those desiring a 2BR unit. Thus, a disadvantage of BWV not having dedicated 2BR units.

Could I get it in Roman numerals? Thanks. ;)

It's handled automatically by the booking engine. Suppose there's one 2BR lock off available for a one day trip on a certain date. In this case, it'll show a 2BR lock off, a studio, and a 1BR as options to book. If, for example, someone books just the studio, then only the 1BR will be left. If that studio were subsequently cancelled and the 1BR was still available, then the 3 options would all be available again.

As far as I've been able to tell, 2BR lock offs aren't held separately for those desiring a 2BR unit. Thus, the disadvantage of BWV not having dedicated 2BR units.
Interesting. Since studios are so popular, it must be really tough to get 2 bedrooms for popular times. We were lucky, I guess, since we always booked one bedrooms for ourselves and also for family members and the algorithm you describe really benefits those wanting 1 bedrooms. No wonder it is so much easier to book 1 bedrooms.
I assume that the system assigns dedicated studios and dedicated 1 bedrooms first in order to save the 2 bedrooms as long as possible.

We have owned at BWV for 18 years and I still don't know how the booking works for 2 bedrooms. Are a certain number of 2 bedrooms set aside to remain 2 bedrooms, even if studios are all booked and a member wants a studio?

As far as I've been able to tell, 2BR lock offs aren't held separately for those desiring a 2BR unit. Thus, a disadvantage of BWV not having dedicated 2BR units.

I don't know this for sure - but I think @ScubaCat is correct, when all the studios are gone, then all the 2BRs are gone. It is really doubtful they hold inventory as 2BRs.

Edit: I own 75 points, so availability of 2-bedrooms doesn't even enter into my thoughts.

Last edited:
I don't know this for sure - but I think @ScubaCat is correct, when all the studios are gone, then all the 2BRs are gone. It is really doubtful they hold inventory as 2BRs.

Well that guy is usually right about everything, so.... ;)

If the owner allocated units are truly first come first serve, which I believe they are, then all the studios could potentially be booked up leaving no 2BRs available (at BWV). If you run the RAT and check around 7 or 8 months out, the 2BR lock off calendar just about always shows identical availability to the studio calendar in the same booking category.

Not too many years ago they designated so many of each but with a system change a few years ago, they began allowing the chips to fall where they may. Given the makeup of BWV, I wouldn't be surprised if they still treated a certain number as they would a dedicated unit but we haven't had any confirmation that's the case that I'm aware of so it may not be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter