France added to UK quarantine list

Yeah, that was to be expected. I wonder if France will put more countries on their list.

Now just waiting to see if reciprocal rules apply, to determine whether my September DLP trip can go ahead...

I feel sorry for all you Brits out there planning trips in the near future. I’m sure some could plan for a quarantine on the way home but if France retaliates then your trip is basically over.

I am nervously sitting and waiting here in Germany watching numbers go up everywhere wondering if our trip the first week of September is to happen. Maybe we should have changed and gone two weeks ago spontaneously. Back then it was too stressful but we could have made it done.

Stupid me we had a package through Disney book that we could’ve told if canceled which I did cancel and I rebooked as individual as we saved about €500. With villagers nature I believe we don’t get our money back anymore but we get a rebooking. And we actually bought Tic direct with Disney I would assume that those would be valid for one year.
Stupid me we had a package through Disney book that we could’ve told if canceled which I did cancel and I rebooked as individual as we saved about €500. With villagers nature I believe we don’t get our money back anymore but we get a rebooking. And we actually bought Disney to get some I would assume that those would be valid for one year.

I just have a question though for you guys that are from the UK. Is it not possible to have a Covid test taken when arriving and not have to quarantine them? I know in Germany we have testing sites at the airports, train Station and Manny autobahn border crossings. Once you have a negative test you no longer have to quarantine is this not being done in the UK? If not - I am so sorry and I’ll keep my political comments to myself but that is just insane.

If someone who works for an airline this whole thing is just so frustrating. It’s always a traveler that gets put out fault when it’s not. If you look at the figures the percentage positive returning from vacation is a significantly lower than those partying and going about their normal business in their own countries. Just the other night in our small village I went to pick my son up and I passed two parties with younger people in groups of at least 30 standing around drinking. You also see this in the current ages of those who have Covid right now within Europe it’s usually between the 20 and 30 year old age groups. And these guys are ruining it for us I just simply want to take a family vacation and keep to ourselves.

My only concern now is for the Disney parks it’s self. I gather that the BRITs make up a majority of the customers right now. They all cancel within the next week are they even going to remain open? Worst case scenario for us our trip gets canceled and Imbest case scenario is just a small group of Europeans / locals wandering around empty Parks.

I’m sure some could plan for a quarantine on the way home but if France retaliates then your trip is basically over.
Yes that’s exactly our issue. We can work from home afterwards, but if France retaliates we can’t visit at all 🙁

Yes that’s exactly our issue. We can work from home afterwards, but if France retaliates we can’t visit at all 🙁
Have they yet?? Sure they want tourism cash. Do you guys not have a Holiday testing program?

My only concern now is for the Disney parks it’s self. I gather that the BRITs make up a majority of the customers right now. They all cancel within the next week are they even going to remain open? Worst case scenario for us our trip gets canceled and Imbest case scenario is just a small group of Europeans / locals wandering around empty Parks.
I would worry more about France authorities closing the park. France has put Paris back in the red zone this morning.

I feel sorry for all you Brits out there planning trips in the near future. I’m sure some could plan for a quarantine on the way home but if France retaliates then your trip is basically over.

I am nervously sitting and waiting here in Germany watching numbers go up everywhere wondering if our trip the first week of September is to happen. Maybe we should have changed and gone two weeks ago spontaneously. Back then it was too stressful but we could have made it done.

Stupid me we had a package through Disney book that we could’ve told if canceled which I did cancel and I rebooked as individual as we saved about €500. With villagers nature I believe we don’t get our money back anymore but we get a rebooking. And we actually bought Tic direct with Disney I would assume that those would be valid for one year.
Stupid me we had a package through Disney book that we could’ve told if canceled which I did cancel and I rebooked as individual as we saved about €500. With villagers nature I believe we don’t get our money back anymore but we get a rebooking. And we actually bought Disney to get some I would assume that those would be valid for one year.

I just have a question though for you guys that are from the UK. Is it not possible to have a Covid test taken when arriving and not have to quarantine them? I know in Germany we have testing sites at the airports, train Station and Manny autobahn border crossings. Once you have a negative test you no longer have to quarantine is this not being done in the UK? If not - I am so sorry and I’ll keep my political comments to myself but that is just insane.

If someone who works for an airline this whole thing is just so frustrating. It’s always a traveler that gets put out fault when it’s not. If you look at the figures the percentage positive returning from vacation is a significantly lower than those partying and going about their normal business in their own countries. Just the other night in our small village I went to pick my son up and I passed two parties with younger people in groups of at least 30 standing around drinking. You also see this in the current ages of those who have Covid right now within Europe it’s usually between the 20 and 30 year old age groups. And these guys are ruining it for us I just simply want to take a family vacation and keep to ourselves.

Not currently, it is something that is being considered. My cousin works for a company that has been approached to sell the equipment for the testing.

Im not surprised France has been added as the numbers are rising and the UK is trying to keep theirs down. I know the more you test the more positives are going to come about as it will catch the asymptomatic people, which out of everyone they are the most important as they will carry about their routine as normal without knowing.

As much as I would love a holiday, I can't work from home as frontline NHS. Our Trust were going to to try and come up with a fair plan for everyone as office staff can work from home but nothing has happened.

How does a "holiday testing program" work? I cant see testing can catch everyone and avoid a quarantine unless it involves daily testing 14 days?

How does a "holiday testing program" work? I cant see testing can catch everyone and avoid a quarantine unless it involves daily testing 14 days?
In Germany there are testing stations at airports, major train station and some Autobahn borders. They swab you and in about 1-2 days you have results. Need to stay home while waiting technically. Only high risk regions one was at require a quarantine. Any vacationer can have a test though regardless where they were at. If we cross the border from Austria we can just continue to drive or pull over for a test. No quarantine. Granted the test is a Snapshot from that day. The 14 day rule is based on how long it can take for symptoms to show and how long you can possibly spread. Believe a test shows results from the start of you are infected. Nothing is 100% but it’s a start.

The testing concept is though are not perfect. Ex. You land at the airport get a negative result from that test as you were ok. But then take the subway from the airport home. Get infected there. Or at a friends welcome home party that night. So did you spread Covid because you were bad and traveled or because you were living life at home ???

In Germany there are testing stations at airports, major train station and some Autobahn borders. They swab you and in about 1-2 days you have results. Need to stay home while waiting technically. Only high risk regions one was at require a quarantine. Any vacationer can have a test though regardless where they were at. If we cross the border from Austria we can just continue to drive or pull over for a test. No quarantine. Granted the test is a Snapshot from that day. The 14 day rule is based on how long it can take for symptoms to show and how long you can possibly spread. Believe a test shows results from the start of you are infected. Nothing is 100% but it’s a start.

The testing concept is though are not perfect. Ex. You land at the airport get a negative result from that test as you were ok. But then take the subway from the airport home. Get infected there. Or at a friends welcome home party that night. So did you spread Covid because you were bad and traveled or because you were living life at home ???
I thought the tests only usually showed positive after the incubation period had passed. I may be wrong but I would be surprised if a test would show positive if you had only been infected a few hours earlier.

I thought the tests only usually showed positive after the incubation period had passed. I may be wrong but I would be surprised if a test would show positive if you had only been infected a few hours earlier.
Good question 🤷‍♀️ About incubation period. But no test is going to catch people who are just affected a few hours earlier that’s just a risk everyone has to accept , Especially as it’s a pandemic meaning it’s everywhere someone is just as likely to catch it in the UK vs overseas in Europe. When I see the pictures of how crowded the beaches were in Brighton a few weeks ago- did they test those people?

The different uses of color in France, Belgium and the Netherlands is causing a lot of confusion on the Dutch Facebook page of Disneyland Paris.
France puts Paris in Red, while the Netherlands uses Orange. And then the discussion if it's just Paris or the entire region... For NL it's just Paris, for BE it's the region. But both are discussed on the Dutch page. Do you HAVE to quarantine or is it strongly advised... What about the CMs who live in Paris...

Conclusion: It's a mess.

With flights booked from Raleigh, NC to Paris in November, I've started to look at options for cancelling the tickets. Held off on buying DLP tickets so far, and the fear that we won't be allowed to travel is growing.

How does anyone know that you will 'quarantine' when you get back to the UK?
Plus it should be called 'House Arrest' - more apt.

In both cases it is to protect society from you, regardless of the name.

I know in NL in the beginning of the crisis they called people and went by to check. It has to do with trust and expecting people to behave like responsible adults. The majority will, a minority won't, but in the end it will help slow down the spread.

One completes a contact form at the airport on arrival in the U.K. My son quarantined for 14 days after returning from Barcelona this month. He also chose to self isolated for 14 days in March when he returned from Ecuador, just to minimise the risk to others. 14 days goes by quite quickly and if a sociable 22 year old can do it, most people should be able to manage it. It was an inconvenience more than anything. Although the police did not check that he was isolating, I suspect that if you were ‘caught’ for a motoring offence, or in a pub (one has to give contact details for ‘track and trace) etc., you would be prosecuted and fined. The fine isn’t the problem though; it is the fact that you end up with a criminal record, which equals zero future job prospects, particularly during a recession.

This is correct and precisely why in Taiwan, you either have to quarantine for 14 days or alternatively, you can quarantine for 5 days and then go for a test and if negative, no more quarantine needed. The idea is that by having you quarantined for five days, you can’t possibly catch anything during those five days, and after five days, the incubation period should be over for any potential infection before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!