Free Comic Book Day - May 4, 2019

Kennywood

Kennywood
222154_1300046_1027.jpg

For those with kids - or those who are kids at heart - May 4th, 2019 is Free Comic Book Day!

1. What is "Free Comic Book Day?"
As the name implies, Free Comic Book Day is a single day when participating comic book specialty shops across North America and around the world give away comic books absolutely free to anyone who comes into their shops.

2. When is Free Comic Book Day?
Free Comic Book Day is held the first Saturday in May each year. (Next is Saturday, May 4, 2019!)

3. Are they really free?
Yep!
Different shops have policies on how many free comics you can receive, but you will receive at least one free comic if you enter a participating shop location. Check with your retailer for their policies and plans for FCBD.

4. Is every comic book store in the world doing this?
If you're asking about convenience stores with a spinner rack of comics in a corner somewhere - the answer is no. This event celebrates the independent comic book specialty shops, thousands of which exist in North America alone. Each one is unique in its community, with a style and personality all its own, and each one carries a full line of comics, graphic novels, toys and related products.

5. Then how do I know where to go to get my free comics?
Go to https://www.freecomicbookday.com/StoreLocator. There, you can enter your ZIP code and the locations of the nearest participating store locations will be provided.

6: What comics are available?
Go to https://www.freecomicbookday.com/catalog for a list of comics available to comic shops. Please note that the comic shops may not have copies of all available titles. Comic shop retailers chose fifty-one titles overall to be available on Free Comic Book Day: twelve Gold Sponsor comics and thirty-nine Silver Sponsor comics that give fans a great opportunity to discover new titles and genres.

I appreciate you spreading the word on this.

Also of note is that many stores on Free Comic Book Day also run sales on regular merchandise and special events as well. My local shop usually has some local artists doing sketches and some other fun stuff going on. FCBD is a great day to get to know your local comic book shop! Check with individual stores for details.

For the Disney fans here, there are a few Disney related items available this year in the free lineup:
  • Disney's Descendants
  • Star Wars Adventures
  • Avengers
  • Spider-Man
Go check 'em out!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter