Free Dining 2020

Same here! However, as you have to use a specific link from Disney to get the extra $100 then that means you can't go through Quidco from what I can work out. At 3% the cashback actually works out far more than the $100 so I'm probably going to do cashback instead.
But will they end up paying? I find such long dated transactions have a quite high failure rate.

Ok folks, I had a bit of a bombshell dropped yesterday. We’ve been planning our trip for 2 years & a huge part of it involves staying at The Beach Club; however, when chatting with them yesterday about the processes on 25th, it transpires that already there are no rooms left at all there for end August/beginning September & the only deluxes available at all were Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Grand Floridian, neither of which appealed to us. There were very few moderate choices either.
So, we’ve now changed plans and are going in May, as there were a few rooms available at BC then, and have booked already. Apparently, the rates for rooms being shown now are much reduced from what they will be when DD comes out as they don’t offer reduced room prices & free dining at the same time & the total package may end up more expensive with free DD than booking now & adding DD on.
However, I’ve been given the best of both worlds as they’ve said that if there’s availability next week & the free DD package works out cheaper then they will amend the booking to the reduced rate with no fee if I call them.
Might be worth bearing in mind.

Ok folks, I had a bit of a bombshell dropped yesterday. We’ve been planning our trip for 2 years & a huge part of it involves staying at The Beach Club; however, when chatting with them yesterday about the processes on 25th, it transpires that already there are no rooms left at all there for end August/beginning September & the only deluxes available at all were Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Grand Floridian, neither of which appealed to us. There were very few moderate choices either.
So, we’ve now changed plans and are going in May, as there were a few rooms available at BC then, and have booked already. Apparently, the rates for rooms being shown now are much reduced from what they will be when DD comes out as they don’t offer reduced room prices & free dining at the same time & the total package may end up more expensive with free DD than booking now & adding DD on.
However, I’ve been given the best of both worlds as they’ve said that if there’s availability next week & the free DD package works out cheaper then they will amend the booking to the reduced rate with no fee if I call them.
What seriously the prices could be higher?

They are already an awful lot of money. How on earth can they be selling room allocation before the offer comes out that is for that offer. Smells somewhat fishy.

If the price is increased then I’ll be out!

Surely they have held some rooms back for the free dining offer/ this upsets me too, as Beach Club is where we were hoping to stay.

I tried to price out a 5nt stay the other day and found BC at £2.145 that was in July, August and September.

Don’t know if that is cheap but it was resort price only. IMO it’s expensive but I’m also DVC so maybe that’s why.

Sorry if this a silly question but booking so long in advance is always a bit of a risk as plans might change. Will I be able to cancel the booking without a cancelation fee? Tia :flower2:

We have visited many times without the dining plan and it’s much cheaper paying out of pocket, having breakfast in the room with essentials from Garden Grocer delivered to the resort and we eat in some lovely table service restaurants most days. We are DVC members, but September 2017 I thought I would have a look at the free dinning offer and see what the price was like! So I ended up booking a five night stay which was at old key west in a studio for end of June 2018 and the rest of the trip we used our DVC points at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Firstly after the free dining offer ended the price went up for the same room without dining! Secondly even my teenage boys struggled to eat all the food, we ended up buying lots of snacks that we were able to keep in the room at AKL for the boys to enjoy for several days after the free dining part of our holiday ended.
This October I did the same again, to start with I booked a Saratoga Springs one bed with kitchen for 5 nights but I kept looking and fiddling with the dates slightly and a one bed with kitchen came up at OKW. The room was not originally available so I can only conclude they release different rooms at different times of the year. Again the price for this room went up after the free dining ended, so I know I have got a bargain and I get the full dining plan not the quick service. We are off on 23rd May so not long now.

Thanks for all your responses!
Helping so much.
I deally I would like to pay in a package with Disney direct, so if I book my hotel and tickets next week when free dining goes on an I then add flights on later in the year for a 200 pounds deposit? Is it easy to do?

I always use price comparison sites for my flights, it works out much cheaper. December 4th 2016 I paid just over £1100 for two adults a 14 and a 13 year old. This year I have paid £1445, but I’m having to pay for luggage on top of that and Virgin is a rip off, BA is cheaper, will remember that for next time. They are all now following the budget airlines which has resulted in flights going up hugely. Last year I paid about the same £1400 and something with luggage, before they made this switch to economy light.

We have visited many times without the dining plan and it’s much cheaper paying out of pocket, having breakfast in the room with essentials from Garden Grocer delivered to the resort and we eat in some lovely table service restaurants most days. We are DVC members, but September 2017 I thought I would have a look at the free dinning offer and see what the price was like! So I ended up booking a five night stay which was at old key west in a studio for end of June 2018 and the rest of the trip we used our DVC points at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Firstly after the free dining offer ended the price went up for the same room without dining! Secondly even my teenage boys struggled to eat all the food, we ended up buying lots of snacks that we were able to keep in the room at AKL for the boys to enjoy for several days after the free dining part of our holiday ended.
This October I did the same again, to start with I booked a Saratoga Springs one bed with kitchen for 5 nights but I kept looking and fiddling with the dates slightly and a one bed with kitchen came up at OKW. The room was not originally available so I can only conclude they release different rooms at different times of the year. Again the price for this room went up after the free dining ended, so I know I have got a bargain and I get the full dining plan not the quick service. We are off on 23rd May so not long now.
So in conclusion despite starting by saying the dining plan is not worth the money you then concluded that the free dining offer actually is a good deal?

I do get people who say paying for the dining plan is not worth it for the vast majority of people, unless you happen to be eating the more expensive items on the menu and more expensive snack items.

You also go on to say that all those who say things like ‘they put up the price for free dining then reduce it after, you are better with a room discount’ are not right either. Again I’m sure for some it maybe true, but generally it is a good deal.

So I can use the magical express? I wasn't sure.
I won't get the memory maker etc will I?
Thank you
Whoever you book with, you get the magical express.
In my opinion you should always book your 14 day tickets with Disney direct on the U.K. website, it’s cheaper than US, you get free memory maker and a free game of crazy golf per day if you play before 4pm, plus it’s a park hopper ticket so you can come and go as you please. The cost of the US tickets now change for different dates/times of the year and you pay extra to park hop.

Sorry if this a silly question but booking so long in advance is always a bit of a risk as plans might change. Will I be able to cancel the booking without a cancelation fee? Tia :flower2:

Yes normally it’s 5 days in advance.

I believe UK bookings all charge a cancellation fee. And this free dining offer is for UK visitors.

For bookings in the US, there is no cancellation fee for a package if canceled before 30 days out and no cancellation fee for a room-only if canceled before 5 days out.

Thanks elaine amj. I am from Europe and would be eligible to book the offer. I wonder how much the cancellation fee is though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!