Free Dining has thrown me into a bit of dispair....

dkrauss

Goofy Fan from Jersey
I'm a planner. Waiting for discounts to drop for the month of my Disney vacation was a sort of "sport". It was exciting.......maddening......boring :P all wrapped into one event. I so enjoyed checking each morning to see if my discount dropped.....even when I knew it was a time away. I love the banter here on the boards about what everyone was hoping for.......would their resort room type be available on the list:-).

With Free Dining dropping so early this year and being so readily available......even I was able to procure it for our August trip. Normally we pass on FD and take the room discount but this year we're thinking we'll break even......and with that have the convenience of Free Dining. For us that's a value "convenience".

However, once you get FD you cannot keep it and get another discount :worried: and we're DEFINITELY keeping it! So the hunt for a room discount never started......and I do so miss the hunt. I miss the tone and fun of the discussion in the monthly discount threads. I don't even visit this part of the DIS boards much anymore.........it makes me a bit sad........but then I remember....I'm going to Disney World in 159 days. All is well :D

Doug :goofy:

I'm a planner. Waiting for discounts to drop for the month of my Disney vacation was a sort of "sport". It was exciting.......maddening......boring :P all wrapped into one event. I so enjoyed checking each morning to see if my discount dropped.....even when I knew it was a time away. I love the banter here on the boards about what everyone was hoping for.......would their resort room type be available on the list:-).

With Free Dining dropping so early this year and being so readily available......even I was able to procure it for our August trip. Normally we pass on FD and take the room discount but this year we're thinking we'll break even......and with that have the convenience of Free Dining. For us that's a value "convenience".

However, once you get FD you cannot keep it and get another discount :worried: and we're DEFINITELY keeping it! So the hunt for a room discount never started......and I do so miss the hunt. I miss the tone and fun of the discussion in the monthly discount threads. I don't even visit this part of the DIS boards much anymore.........it makes me a bit sad........but then I remember....I'm going to Disney World in 159 days. All is well :D

Doug :goofy:

Come and join us here....

https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-official-august-2019-thread.3697627/

This thread certainly doesn’t move as fast as those free dining threads of yesterday, but there are lots of active planners there. :)

I also thrive on the anticipation of the discount hunt specifically for free dining. We always go in December. We always snag FD. This year the tables have turned and as much I know that the chances for Dec FD are slim to none, I still cannot help, but pray to the Disney Gods to let me experience that FD release date and snagging of FD once again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!