Free parking for my guests at Moonlight Magic?

Kazi7

Mouseketeer
I have guests meeting us at Epcot for MM on 3/1. They don't have park tickets and aren't staying with us. Can they park for free? I could add them to my villa reservation if I have to. I have room on my reservation for additional people. What would they do in that case--just show ID? Not sure if they have magic bands.

Not sure if they still allow this but I believe you used to be able to have visitors to your resort room. If so they could park at the resort you are staying at possibly.

If they're not on another Disney resort reservation, then I'd probably add them to your current reservation (since you have room) which would allow them access to the parking at the resort.

The email in the thread below states "Complimentary parking will be available for the duration of the event." I'll add that it's an email sent to those with a resort reservation, who already get free parking, but if it was just repeating what they already get then they don't need the "for the duration of the event" part.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/moonlight-magic-epcot-link.3937385/

When we visited AK MM last year we did not stay at a DVC resort (got general registration tickets) and were not yet AP holders. However, I don't think we paid for parking - either the booths were unattended, or they just let us in. Not 100% sure, but 90%...

The email in the thread below states "Complimentary parking will be available for the duration of the event." I'll add that it's an email sent to those with a resort reservation, who already get free parking, but if it was just repeating what they already get then they don't need the "for the duration of the event" part.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/moonlight-magic-epcot-link.3937385/

When we visited AK MM last year we did not stay at a DVC resort (got general registration tickets) and were not yet AP holders. However, I don't think we paid for parking - either the booths were unattended, or they just let us in. Not 100% sure, but 90%...
The DVC member has to be present to get into the event. Is that the same for parking? The OP stating the guests were meeting them and were not DVC.

We will already be in Epcot with our AP's, so we are going to meet them at the front of the park to check in for MM.

I'll just add them to the room reservation so they can park for free, I guess.

We will already be in Epcot with our AP's, so we are going to meet them at the front of the park to check in for MM.

I'll just add them to the room reservation so they can park for free, I guess.
Yes, if they're on your reservation, they'll have the same resort privileges you do, including entering and parking at the resort. If they're on your reservation, they could also park free on the EPCOT lot.

I thought perhaps you were staying at a BCV or BWV and were looking to go in the IG entrance. If they're meeting you at the front of the park, it might be easier for them to park on the main EPCOT lot. But however you work it out, having them on your reservation will open up options and privileges for them that night. Have fun! We did the EPCOT MM back in Jan, and it was fun. Even had the 'extra' fireworks that night - a nice surprise show for us!

I asked this question to member services yesterday because some in our party are driving to Epcot. They will have to pay for parking. CM said only way to avoid it would be if I was in car with them since I’m the registered DVC member so they could verify MM tickets.

I asked this question to member services yesterday because some in our party are driving to Epcot. They will have to pay for parking. CM said only way to avoid it would be if I was in car with them since I’m the registered DVC member so they could verify MM tickets.
In the OPs situation/question, if the additional guests are on the resort reservation, and they get to EPCOT prior to regular closing, as a resort "guest" they can park free on the EPCOT lot. If your guests are on your resort reservation, they should be able to park free as a resort guest if they arrive before regular closing. Unless I'm missing something.

In the OPs situation/question, if the additional guests are on the resort reservation, and they get to EPCOT prior to regular closing, as a resort "guest" they can park free on the EPCOT lot. If your guests are on your resort reservation, they should be able to park free as a resort guest if they arrive before regular closing. Unless I'm missing something.
Correct but wouldn’t they need a room card or magic band to scan so it shows they are on room reservation? The people on my original room reservation can’t go now so others are coming instead. I didn’t know if I switched out names if it would mess up anything so I didn’t try.

Nope you are not missing anything as registered guests can park for free at the theme parks.

OP originally stated they were not on the reservation.
Once OP adds the people to the reservation and they link that to the MDE they can show their resort reservation at the gate (OP didn't know if they had magic bands and won't have a card key)

Correct but wouldn’t they need a room card or magic band to scan so it shows they are on room reservation? The people on my original room reservation can’t go now so others are coming instead. I didn’t know if I switched out names if it would mess up anything so I didn’t try.
Not if it is linked to MDE.

They can just click on "Resort Hotel" and it will show that the person is staying onsite allowing for guest free parking.

Yea, not sure I'd mess with changing names at this point either! Not sure what might happen. The things we go through for friends and family at Disney!!

I live in the Orlando area and have met up with friends who drove themselves to MM. Haven’t had a problem with parking yet. The email you get says parking is free for the event so if they show up at the time that party goers are allowed to enter, they should not have to pay for parking.

Thanks for all the replies. I will probably just add them to my reservation so I don't have to worry that they will be charged for parking at Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter