• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free passes for teachers?

BKinsel

Earning My Ears
My family and I are planning a trip to WDW shortly, and someone told me that there are free passes available to school teachers. Is this true? If so, what do I need to do?

I never heard about free passes, but I heard about discounts in hotels such as the Swan.

Wanda

Several years ago Epcot had free passes for teachers. By the time we found out about it (my husband and I are both teachers), they had discontinued it.

My sister is a teacher. She got the free pass for Epcot when we went in December 1994. It was only for one day and for Epcot only, no park hopping. We had to wait in a long, long line and she had to show her school ID. I don't know when they stopped this, but it was a long time ago.

That year (1994) was the Year of the Teacher nationwide (by presidential decree). WDW celebrated by offering free admission to EPCOT for teachers. It was for that year only and was discontinued in January, 1995.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter