Free Shuttle to Port -NY

MouseFan88

Mouseketeer
I've searched through the forums and I'm not finding any recent information - does anyone know of hotels in NY that offer a free shuttle to the port? We're staying one night prior to our 11/10 departure with two littles (ages 3 and 1) and likely a few suitcases. We don't need parking because we'll be flying in from LGA and using Uber to get to our hotel.

I have not heard of any. We have cruised out of NYC 3 times, but live in NJ.

Most hotels in NY have staff out front that will get you a cab. Bigger hotels will have them waiting outside.

Good luck. Hopefully, you will get a better answer.

The only hotels I've known in NYC that have free shuttles are ONLY those right around the airports and it's only to the airports. (I think some in NJ had shuttles to the port in Bayonne, but that is RCCL (and maybe Celebrity) only.)

Unlike PC, Fort Lauderdale, or Miami, NYC is not really a big port for cruise ships so the hotels don't have the shuttle culture that exists in busier ports.

We have been staying at the Hilton Garden inn Ridgefield Park Hotel with their NYC Park, Ride and Cruise package. We are booked again for our cruise this November 3rd. You are cruising right after ours. :goodvibes

Website: link to the NYC Park, Ride and Cruise package is down the page on the right side.
https://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com...DaxwaDVWOZPjdZSOKTKyXSe3yDycwolE6bxbm_4GoHdEM
We're staying there too and are on the cruise with you! I wonder if you are in our Disney Magic November 3, 2019 Facebook group? I'm super excited to go.

Will keep the ship in good shape for you....we debark on 11/3!! Be prepared it is the NYC marathon that day so traffic around the city may be crazy in some parts.

MJ

We're staying there too and are on the cruise with you! I wonder if you are in our Disney Magic November 3, 2019 Facebook group? I'm super excited to go.
Yes same cruise and in the Facebook group too. We are also doing the FE. We’re in the Mickey group for the full stateroom FE. I tried to get a thread going here for a FE on the DIS but no one really posts.

That is an excellent location. Right off the Eastern Spur of the NJTpke and incredibly close (but not too close) to Lincoln Tunnel . . . and given boarding PAT is typically mid-day, you can leave at 10~11am'ish and avoid the worst traffic. PLUS, if tunnel is really, really backed up (it happens), taking the long(er) way around via the GWB is still feasible.

Very interesting that they would create a niche around port service, but it makes sense as the place isn't too far from EWR either.

Boarding in NY usually happens around 11:30 - 11.45 am open boarding usually around noon-12:30 but of course anything could delay boarding. That hotel does sound like a good deal!!

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!