Free TSA Pre-Check With Southwest?

I was surprised to get pre-check on our flight down to MCO from Philly last night. In fact, I didn't even notice that I had it. DH didn't get it. I went through the regular line (there was not really a line at all). The TSA agent told us it was on the boarding pass. I didn't have to take my shoes off. I ended up losing my phone at security (luckily found it about 10 panicked minutes later). The whole process took us almost a half hour... Thank goodness we like to arrive early.

Certainly not counting on this, but if I were to get TSA pre check again on the way home, can I take both of my kids with me (ages 9 and 6) and send DH in the regular line?

Yes the kids can go with you. We use to take the grandkids when their folks would end up in the regular line.

We usually get pre tsa when flying SWA but every once in a while we don't so decided to do the $85 for 5 years. Well worth it. Lots of places around to finish the process and the first part can be done online where they also lis places nearby and you can do appointment for specific time. Takes about 15 minutes, They take fingerprints and ask a few questions. We had our known traveler numbers in less than a week. They email it and then send a letter in the mail too. Very easy to do.

We're a couple of old f@rts who, over the last 5 years have taken 5 round trips from PHL to MCO, always in late Oct early Nov. The last 3 trips we got pre-check on our SW flights, we assume because of our travel profile. Anyone get this on SW recently? Probably won't pay for the service but it was nice getting it.

Bill From PA

We just got this on our Thanksgiving flight. I've gotten it every time I've flown Southwest for the last several years (actually since I started flying with them). I always ask for wheelchair assistance, and DH and I were joking about whether asking for a wheelchair was a guaranteed way to get TSA precheck.

Some of the eldery members of the family get chosen for TSA pre every time. Another eldery member sometimes. The younger travelers went ahead and paid for TSA precheck.

I got a free TSA precheck today but my wife had to go thru the lines. As usual, whichever line you pick will be the slowest. Six people at her area were pulled aside for additional screening. Most had food in their backpacks. The signs say to take out all food items, but nobody reads signs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter