Free (up to 3 with rebate) Cobra 2 way Radios--Hot Deal!

supamaki

Drinkin' around the world!
I picked up 2 Cobra 2 way radios, model FRS115 for $9.44 each on clearance from office depot, these have a built in AM/FM radio too. These sell these for $40 on amazon and $50 on 800.com.
You can't buy them online, and the store I went to had them in stock, but not on display. This is a deal where it will pay to be persistant. Hurry, most stores are running out!

There is also a $10 rebate, which makes them free. Limit 3 Rebate Form

Free is great, but these radios won't work very well at WDW because they don't have sub-channels.

SWEET!!!!!! You just made my day!!! At that price you can even buy a few and sell them on ebay!! I'm off to office depot tomorrow. I sure hope our store has some. Cross your fingers for me!!!

we bought the cobra 225 is the rebate good for these radios also? the coupon you printed says 115 on it, where did you find the rebate?

:( Sad news in Texas :(

I went to office depot and I looked at the clearance table. Didn't have any. Asked a sales person about the cobra 115 that was on clearance and he looked at me funny. "No ma'am, we don't have those. The only ones we had clearanced were some little audiovox ones. Sorry" I was so disappointed!!! These would have worked out great for us. Anyone have any extras that they are willing to part with??????? Anyone????????

k-mart had cobra on sale, do not know which model 2 for $40. Our office depot wants $49 for those mentioned here. but include a $10 rebate.

:o ;)

I purchased the Cobra 315WX(2 of them) last year that were a little pricey, but they had a $10 rebate on each one, which I promptly sent off. I only received 1 rebate, that took every bit of 8 weeks to get. I did not follow up on the other rebate(I sent 2 forms), so I don't know why I only received one from Cobra. The 115 would be a good deal if you were getting them for something other than WDW, but like someone else pointed out, a radio without the sub-channels is not good enough for WDW parks. Last week I purchased a pair of the Cobra 220's at Best Buy for the sale price of $60. While they do not have all the bells and whistles as the 315's, they are simple to use and work great(we used them at a local theme park Tuesday). Since the 315's have a retractable antenna, I had to get used to that Superflex thing on the 220's, but that was the only thing I would change on them. We plan on using the 3's and 2's on our trip in October with extended family. You might want to check out Best Buy and the Sports Authority, as both stores carry the Cobra brand here in NC.

so will these 2 way radios work at all down in WDW because i just put a few on hold until i can get to the store. this store is about an hour away from my house, (they are the only ones that had any left) are these going to be worth my while. Thanks guys.

Princess:smooth:

The 115's will work at WDW, but not without a lot of interference. It will be hard to hear an entire message unless you have sub-channels. Our friends took a set that had only 14 channels, and ended up leaving them in the room after the first day. It was our experience that we sometimes had to change our sub-channels, too, so I can not imagine you being satisfied with just 14 channels. Maybe someone else has a different opinion.:rolleyes:

I took some cheap 2-way radios on our trip to Disney last June - they had only 10 channels (I knew nothing about the subchannels until reading this board). Ours worked fine in the parks (a little static, but no big deal). Of course I have never used anything else, so I might not know what I'm missing.

Would love to get more info on the sub channel radios.

I would like to know more as well. We just bought some Bell South 1010 PR 14 channels. Cheap ones at Wal-mart. We haven't opened them yet, so we can take them back if you think they won't do us any good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter