Free Upgrades from Pop to SSR/OKW

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a booking at Pops and have not got any e-mail with this upgrade.

I wonder if Disney used to "get away" with upgrading people like this a lot more before everyone started sharing news on the internet. ;)

shantay1008 said:
I wonder if Disney used to "get away" with upgrading people like this a lot more before everyone started sharing news on the internet. ;)

Definitely and probably offered it more often, but now due to the spreading of the news, someone will complain to them. Sometimes the Net is not a good thing.

bpmorley said:
This is so wrong. Why a 1bdr? why not a studio? That's the closest thing to a room at POP.

One bedrooms are the last inventory to go. It could be that is all that is left.

:wave:

Beca

DrTomorrow said:
I still don't understand your reason for feeling that this is wrong. CRO is upgrading a customer from one level of room in their inventory to a better one - hotels have been doing this for years. It takes absolutely nothing away from DVC owners - these rooms are in CRO inventory, not DVC inventory. I'm just not sure what all the heat is about :confused3 .

I'm with the Dr. on this. Why not upgrade? Those rooms are sitting empty anyway. It doesn't hurt us in the least. It is just good business. What is wrong with Disney spreading a little magic to a family or two? :confused3 Those people will be hooked on Disney and maybe hooked on DVC.

Wait, I get it now, people are upset because THEY weren't upgraded. :rolleyes:

johnny

DrTomorrow said:
I still don't understand your reason for feeling that this is wrong. CRO is upgrading a customer from one level of room in their inventory to a better one - hotels have been doing this for years. It takes absolutely nothing away from DVC owners - these rooms are in CRO inventory, not DVC inventory. I'm just not sure what all the heat is about :confused3 .
So you think this is right? I've made a bunch of calls already. I'm pissed.

Disney must really be overbooking. Someone on the same thread about being upgraded, said their sister was staying at POFQ in May and was offered the one bedroom upgrade to Old Key West. Makes you think that it must be marketing.

I agree with Sammie, TMI.

Sometimes it is best to keep good fortune to yourself. We don't need to know about every last drop of pixie dust that was sprinkled on your trip.

This is not available to the GP. Only by invitation only. So why share? Then we wonder why all the little extras have disappeared. :confused3

I checked availability at SSR this morning for a studio and a 1 bedroom (for our trip next month). The 1 bedrooms were plentiful, the studio I would have to waitlist 2 of the 5 days.

So I guess that answers why not a studio? :rolleyes1

So why not upgrade people in a studio to a one bedroom and those at POP to the studio? That makes more sense to me. :confused3

bpmorley said:
So you think this is right? I've made a bunch of calls already. I'm pissed.

OK. Deep breath.

You do realize that CRO has an inventory of DVC rooms that they rent out. IIRC, they get these rooms from various sources: retained ownership, rooms traded out, 60-day releases, etc. These are NOT rooms that DVC owners compete for, they are reserved - and paid for - by paying customers who call Disney for a room reservation. Now, CRO (again, not DVC, not MS) has the right to upgrade anyone with a CRO reservation to a better room from their inventory. I have had it happen at many hotels. In Las Vegas we fairly often get upgraded to a strip view (which can often cost extra); we've received upgrades at WDW - usually from 'Garden' (parking lot) view to 'Water' view at no extra charge, and I know that I've read of value guests getting moderate or deluxe upgrades to GF, WL, etc.

So, since this has absolutely no effect on DVC villa availability (say that 3 times fast :lmao: ) I can't see why anyone would get upset, much less make phone calls. In fact, on the whole, it probably benefits DVC, at least in the area of sales. CRO is, in a sense, giving WDW guests a 'taste of DVC' at no expense to DVC, and I bet a fair amount of those who do get the upgrades find DVC appealing enough to consider buying.

Please, and with all due respect, state your rationale, or go back under the bridge.

IMHO - YMMV - Be well!

LakeAriel said:
So why not upgrade people in a studio to a one bedroom and those at POP to the studio? That makes more sense to me. :confused3
I would go for this. But there is no way anyone deserves a 1bdr in exchange for a regular room at the POP.

And DrTom, don't tell me where to go.

Except that CRO works with what is in their inventory and DVC works with what is in DVC's inventory. If a room, no matter the size, has been turned over to CRO, whether it is because it hasn't booked at 60 days or because of member trades, it is CROs room to do with as they please, no longer is it part of DVCs inventory. That is simply how the system works whether you like it or not. And I'm curious as to how it affects any of us personally, and why it would make a difference to anyone if a cash resort guest is upgraded, whether by DVC marketing or CRO? We aren't paying for it, either marketing or CRO is.

Bpmorley,

How many people will it take telling you that you are off before you relent? :confused3 The Dr. was right on again as was Dis mod Chuck. It doesn't hurt anybody that this happens. What is your real problem here?
Why are you so upset with this? CRO didn't take a room from you or your family and it isn't costing you money. I just don't see the problem or your reason to be angry. We are all entitled to our feelings but as the Dr. said give us some facts or a basis for your anger or go away with this stuff.

johnny

This thread has run its course. Time to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts