Free Upgrades from Pop to SSR/OKW

Status
Not open for further replies.
LakeAriel said:
It's very starnge because the OP says they are staying at BCV, all 15 of them. So where does it mention they were staying at the Pop? at any time? :surfweb:

in the OP's comments when she posted the thread.

I am so excited!! I received an email yesterday saying that Disney wanted to upgrade our stay in april for free from the pop century to sartoga springs or old key west. Well I called and we moved up for the same rate we paid at the value resort. $110 a night for a 1br villa. I am so excied (did I say that) you would think I hit the lottery!! Just wanted to share.

Sammie said:
in the OP's comments when she posted the thread.

I'm sorry! Check her signature and previous posts! Maybe she meant a friend got such an E mail? ;) Lucky them!

bpmorley said:
Why can't they? So it's impossible for DVC to overbook on studios, but have a bunch of 1bdr's leftover. Don't you think they would upgrade some people? I think that would be a great thing to do. Especially if I was one of the people with that upgrade

LOL!- Well, I suppose anything is possible - but to be fair to all members, they really can't upgrade a reservation unless they also charge the additional points, since 60 days prior the member inventory is turned over to CRO for cash reservations- again, it would be up to CRO to provide any upgrades to members.

Cash reservations are another story. There have been a few reports of DVC upgrades (standard to preferred at BWV and a few studio/1BR upgrades) in the past usually when there have been maintenance issues, but upgrades when staying on points are certainly a rarity at DVC resorts. (There have been upgrades when using points to stay at non-DVC options.)

While an upgrade might be nice, I'm not holding my breath until I get one.

I don't see what all the excitement is about. Disney CRO (not DVC, not MS) upgraded a guest with an existing CRO reservation with a nicer room that was in CRO inventory. Has nothing to do with DVC owners. It just sounds like a bunch of DVC owners are looking at the "Free" Dining Plan (or as I call it, The Pay Rack Rate and Eat for Free Plan) and now a couple of isolated CRO upgrades and starting to get very jeal....

Never mind, I do understand.... :rolleyes2

Maybe they are overbooked at the values for some reason. That's a nice Disney "pixie dust" thing to have happen for those people that got upgraded. A nice way to try out DVC, too.

I've heard the one bedrooms are the last to get booked (vs. studios and two bedrooms). So maybe they had more of them available to offer to people.

littlestar said:
Maybe they are overbooked at the values for some reason. That's a nice Disney "pixie dust" thing to have happen for those people that got upgraded. A nice way to try out DVC, too.

I've heard the one bedrooms are the last to get booked (vs. studios and two bedrooms). So maybe they had more of them available to offer to people.

I figure it's a little of both. Pop is probably running very high in occupancy. They have some openings in one bedrooms at the same time so they move them and give them a taste of the good life and maybe they will buy.

I have no problem with it, just wondered if it had happened before.

Or maybe Disney is trying to make a better offer than those renting points. ;)

WebmasterDoc said:
LOL!-
While an upgrade might be nice, I'm not holding my breath until I get one.

Niether am I, but one can wish. lol

It's a great marketing ploy. I wasn't interested in DVC until I stayed in an OKW 2 bedroom. Then I was hooked! :goodvibes

You know after staying in an very nice one bedroom it will be very difficult for them to go back to POP :teeth: And I bet that is what Disney is counting on.

But since it seems that these upgrades are happening at POP I wonder how many people are going to start booking at POP to try to get the DVC upgrade.

Im sure that is what disney is thinking. That maybe some will join DVC

I am not a DVC owner but maybe I can shed some light on why they are upgrading to DVC units. I have been trying to get a room only reservation for 4/27-4/30 at one of the value resorts. Nothing is available. Actually nothing is available anywhere except 1 room at POR and AKL Deluxe room. The only availability is SSR and OKW for those dates. Perhaps they need to make room for grad nights and instead of putting the grads in DVC units they would perfer families (quieter) and potential future DVC members. I doubt they would upgrade these families if other moderate or even deluxe resorts had availability but they do not!

Just my 2 cents..

Good point Luv2, families would probably be far nicer to the rooms and probably not be as disturbing to other guests and members. And what a bonus if they get a few sales out of it.

Better let the room go for 100/night than sit empty.

I'm booked at POP in July for two nights before the wilderness lodge, and I am one of the ones who really wants to stay there. I don't think I would switch since we will be at the WL five nights following that. I would love to be upgraded from a studio to a one bedroom once i'm there however.
Also I wonder if the people who were bumped over will get mousekeeping everyday.

I booked at Pop for 4 nights (5/3 -5/7) and got the e-mail on the upgrade. So we're moving to OKW in a 1 bedroom for the 4 nights. Here's hoping I won't be tempted to buy in.... :cool1:

Sherri said:
I'm booked at POP in July for two nights before the wilderness lodge, and I am one of the ones who really wants to stay there. I don't think I would switch since we will be at the WL five nights following that. I would love to be upgraded from a studio to a one bedroom once i'm there however.
Also I wonder if the people who were bumped over will get mousekeeping everyday.

They are not staying on points, there is no reason they would not get Housekeeping daily.

:stir: :stir: :stir:
Time for new threads:

Disney's Undercutting Rent/Trade Board !:furious:

Free upgrades from POP to OKW work out to $4.55/point! :faint:

Sorry, I know I am :offtopic: but I couldn't resist! :rotfl2:

Pluss I wanted to see how many smilies I could use!

DebbieB said:
It's a great marketing ploy. I wasn't interested in DVC until I stayed in an OKW 2 bedroom. Then I was hooked! :goodvibes

Same with my family. Paid rack rates 3x then purchased.

msklcassidy said:
I booked at Pop for 4 nights (5/3 -5/7) and got the e-mail on the upgrade. So we're moving to OKW in a 1 bedroom for the 4 nights. Here's hoping I won't be tempted to buy in.... :cool1:
This is so wrong. Why a 1bdr? why not a studio? That's the closest thing to a room at POP.

A couple of years ago , I was booking a trip for 8 days at POR and was offered Contemporary for price of POR. We took it and uuhhmmm ooohhhh aaahhh well up to now always tried to book luxury resort only. Grand ,Poly, BC ,YC ,BWI ,BWV and then I bought DVC so I guess it worked. :teeth:

bpmorley said:
This is so wrong. Why a 1bdr? why not a studio? That's the closest thing to a room at POP.
I still don't understand your reason for feeling that this is wrong. CRO is upgrading a customer from one level of room in their inventory to a better one - hotels have been doing this for years. It takes absolutely nothing away from DVC owners - these rooms are in CRO inventory, not DVC inventory. I'm just not sure what all the heat is about :confused3 .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter