• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free valet parking at WL for the Hoop Dee Doo?

Biddler

Mouseketeer
Has anyone done this? We will be going to the Hoop Dee Doo. As DVC members can we park at the WL for free. I'm not sure how long it would take to get to Pinoneer Hall. I think that is where it is. I have been reading alot about traveling to and from the dinner show. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Yes, you can valet park at VWL for free as a DVC member -- just show your DVC member ID. And please remember to tip the valet! From VWL you would take a boat to Fort Wilderness. From the boat dock at FW, it is a short walk to Pioneer Hall.

You can valet park for free at VWL but Pioneer Hall is over at Fort Wilderness. There is a path that connects the two resorts or you could take the boat but it wouldn't be worth it IMHO for you to park there just for the free parking. Park at Forth Wilderness is my suggestion.

HBC

Is the path lighted? I didn't think so and if the path is not lit at night, I certainly wouldn't walk it. It can be very dark in the woods - even those at WDW, LOL,

Also, I'm not so sure the boat runs late enough to take you back to the WL after the show - especially if you are attending the late one. You'd end up on a bus back to the WL.

I agree with HBC - just park at Ft W and use the internal shuttle to get back and forth from the FtW parking lot.

Best wishes -

DW and I stayed at WL in May, 2004. We took the boat to HDDR. We had taken the internal busses through FW four times in the past to HDDR. The boat worked out best for us. No more busses. It is a short trip from WL, and you have a minute or two walk to Pioneer Hall. After the show, the small boat was waiting at the dock to take us back to WL. This may have been luck, but it sure beat the busses and the larger boat going to TTC. When we wlked up to the dock after the show we stayed to the right. This bypasses the long line waiting for the TTC boat and takes you to the smaller, WL boat. Enjoy the show, both DW and I have seen it 5 times over the years.

There is no charge to park at FW and then take the internal bus to Pioneer Hall. Both times we have been a line of buses were waiting at the end of the show to take us back to the parking lot and we were quickly on our way back to our resort.

Enjoy the show! ::MinnieMo

We've also valet parked at WL and rode the boat over to FW. :) Just allow some time to get there and you'll be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter