French Quarter to the Fantasy...7 Nights in the Eastern Caribbean, April 2019! Completed June 7, 2020!

I guess it's... food for the masses?

I don't want to slam the food because it's not terrible, and they try really hard for you to like it and will go out of their way to make people happy. Maybe we are just fussier than most :confused3

Nutrisystem and it really worked, plus the majority of the food is not bad at all! But it is expensive.............and since the quarantine got me down and eating fun things to feel better (and possibly drinking more) I stopped my monthly order; it's just too expensive really. I don't think I've put on anything but haven't weighed myself in about 10 days lol; trying real hard to walk as often as possible at least!

That's awesome! WW was working too but I actually have to DO what I'm supposed to…and I haven't been motivated lately. Plus, Allie has been in a baking mood since this all began and I can't say no to home baked cookies 😋

That looks good!
Then I saw it was not.

:rotfl2:

You know, the food on DCL is supposed to be phenomenal. Between NCL, RCCL, and Disney I thought the worst was RCCL and honestly the best NCL!

Wow, that's not great, and kind of surprising!
I still would choose DCL over NCL if given the chance again :-)

Not gonna like that looks supper creepy. Its like an old beat up mickey willing you to pull him from the ocean.

:rotfl2:

Blasphemy!!!!! I could live on nothing but seafood if that was an option. Funny story when I was pregnant the very first thing that gave me "morning sickness" was lobster. We were at the beach and had lobsters straight from the ocean but the smell got to me and I couldn't even look at them or enter the house for hours afterwards. It was a few years before I could eat it again but thankfully I'm long passed that. And if I can get over that you can certainly try it :earboy2:

Haha!
That happened to me with Doritos! Happy to report my love for them is alive and well these days! :crazy2:

We'll call this your Johnny Depp pirate look.

Arghhhhh!pirate:

That's awesome! WW was working too but I actually have to DO what I'm supposed to…and I haven't been motivated lately. Plus, Allie has been in a baking mood since this all began and I can't say no to home baked cookies 😋
Yeah well same with Nutrisystem lol! Steve just read an article saying the sale of treadmills and other home gym equipment is way up and I was like, "not in this house" :P I have done more baking the last few months than for the last few Xmas's combined!

I don't want to slam the food because it's not terrible, and they try really hard for you to like it and will go out of their way to make people happy. Maybe we are just fussier than most :confused3
Sure! Let's go with that. ;)

I was way behind again but caught up now lol.

Love the pictures on Castaway Cay 🥰 🥰 🥰

Thank you for the warning on snorkeling. It's definitely something I would try and I'm not that strong a swimmer so it's on my list to skip whenever we do a Disney cruise lol

I'm all caught up! I took a long DIS-break - initially because we were quite busy and then because I just didn't have it in me to read about Disney after we had to cancel our trip. :sad: I know we'll get back there someday, but darn it, I was really looking forward to it! I feel your pain on cancelling a perfectly planned trip!

Your days on the cruise sound like so much fun! Your excursions sounded lovely - especially the time at the beach. Castaway Cay also sounded like tons of fun (except for the near-drowning, of course). That's really too bad about the food on the cruise - it sure looks good in the pictures! I'm glad you got to enjoy such a long cruise with your kids and your mom before cruises had to cease.

I was way behind again but caught up now lol.

You've been busy doing…other things :P👶

Thank you for the warning on snorkeling. It's definitely something I would try and I'm not that strong a swimmer so it's on my list to skip whenever we do a Disney cruise lol

I seriously don't know what I was thinking :sad2:

I'm all caught up! I took a long DIS-break - initially because we were quite busy and then because I just didn't have it in me to read about Disney after we had to cancel our trip. :sad:

I'm so sorry, I know how long you planned and how you looked forward to that trip :hug: Have you any plans for a future trip? It really helps to shake the blues i you have another trip to look forward to…I know this from first-hand experience, times two.

I'm glad you got to enjoy such a long cruise with your kids and your mom before cruises had to cease.

I am soooooo thankful for this trip now. I really hope cruising gets back to normal soon, it's such a shame that these beautiful ships and awesome cast members are not being used :sad1:

APRIL 12, 2019
CHARACTERPALOOZA

We left off with my mom and I heading out of the theater to the Characterpalooza
(I am not sure what they call it on the ship) in the atrium.

I started off with my two favorite girls :love:

And then headed over to a very playful Pluto...

Cutie Donald...

@pkondz 's, errrr...girlfriend? Wife? Stalkie?

And the captain himself, where I finally made my mom get in a pic...

Such a fun way to wrap up our final night and say good-bye to the amazing crew of the Fantasy :love:

We headed back to our stateroom around 11 and found our last towel animal friend waiting.
I'm not too sure what this is??

Up next, our final morning and we head home :sad:

APRIL 13, 2019
HEADING HOME

We awoke to this sad, sad view...

I believe it was just before our last cruise that we learned
we do not have to go to the MDR on the final morning, even though they suggest it.
We headed up to Cabanas and grabbed some breakfast and brought it back to the stateroom
while we got ready to go.
I MUCH prefer this to getting up and going to the MDR at 6:45 am.

Our flight didn't leave until around 1pm,
but we were off the ship and on the bus by around 8:20 am.
There is really not a lot to do that last morning
and they need you to disembark so they can get ready for the next guests.
And let's face it, hanging around in the room on that last morning is just sad :sad1:

Don't we look sad?

Although, the kids were kind of happy to have their phones back ::yes::

We were originally booked on a flight that left around 11:30 am.
But after reading these boards and the recommendations, I ended up switching us to a later flight.
In hindsight, 11:30 would have worked out much better for us
because we were through security and on the fake-o-rail by 9:45...

and at our gate by 10.

We would have had plenty of time for the 11:30 flight.
Of course, you never know if there are delays getting off the ship and traffic, etc., s
o erring on the side of caution isn't a bad thing.
We just had a LOT of time to kill at the gate.
Good thing they had a lot to catch up on! :rotfl:

This is a pic at around 11 am of the first flight we were booked on.
I was sad watching it come and go!

We ended up grabbing some lunch, of which I have no pictures,
and our plane came a couple hours later.
We arrived home safe and sound around 4 pm.

We absolutely loved this cruise.
I think I said before, but the Fantasy is my favorite ship now.
I don't know if it's because it was a longer cruise,
the first time seeing the Eastern Caribbean, or just the amazing crew members,
but this was just an amazing vacation and I am so thankful we had the chance to do it.

While on-board, I did book a placeholder cruise for just my DH and me,
because I know he would love it too.
Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be able to use that placeholder now,
although I do have this same cruise booked for March 6, 2021.
With all the craziness going on,
we ended up cancelled our July trip and booked a family trip for April 2021 at BLT,
so we won't be cruising a month before that.
I know someday we'll try again,
especially since the kids are getting older
and Allie will be graduating high school next year and heading to college.
And who knows, maybe we'll be trying out one of the new ships which I'm sure will be amazing!

Thanks for following along and commenting on my trip report!
I'm sorry it took me over a year to complete, but then again,
I was happy to have this to think about in the wake of all the depressing news lately.

We currently have a few trips in the works, if everything works out.
We have been planning a girls trip in October of this year, since last year.
My mom, Allie and I were going to take my great-niece
for her first trip ever to WDW and stay at POFQ.
I am hopeful that with everything seeming to get a little better and opening back up,
that trip may still happen, but I'm not sure if my mom will still come
since she is in the high-risk group and I'm not sure how we'll feel about her traveling by then.
I'm also not sure how we feel about bringing my niece for her first trip ever,
unless things are mostly back to normal.
Sadly, we just watched all of our Princess breakfasts and character dining disappear from MDE,
along with our HEA dessert party :sad:
Not to worry though…we also have a trip booked for April 2021.
We booked a 2-bedroom at BLT
and plan on my mom and niece joining us then…surely things will be back to normal by then!

We also have a couple more trips in the works for 2021,
but if you'd like to hear about those,
I think I am going to start a quick trip report from a trip Allie and I took last December…
because, why not, right?
And included in that report will be plans we have for some exciting trips
we have planned for next year!

When I get that going, I'll post a link here.
If this is where we part ways, thanks for reading and ,
I'll See Ya Real Soon!

Last edited:
Characterpalooza
(I am not sure what they call it on the ship)
If they don't call it that, then that's a travesty.
:laughing:
@pkondz 's, errrr...girlfriend? Wife? Stalkie?
We haven't set a wedding date yet.
I'm sure her not doing so is wholly because of the virus.

:rolleyes1
Such a fun way to wrap up our final night and say good-bye to the amazing crew of the Fantasy :love:
:goodvibes
I think... an elephant?
We awoke to this sad, sad view...
Ugh. Not cool.
we do not have to go to the MDR on the final morning,
MDR?
And let's face it, hanging around in the room on that last morning is just sad :sad1:
I suppose it would be.
Don't we look sad?
Yes you do. :hug:
Although, the kids were kind of happy to have their phones back ::yes::
:laughing: I bet! How did they survive without them.
We were originally booked on a flight that left around 11:30 am.
But after reading these boards and the recommendations, I ended up switching us to a later flight.
In hindsight, 11:30 would have worked out much better for us
because we were through security and on the fake-o-rail by 9:45...
And you definitely would've been later and stressed out if you had.
Good thing they had a lot to catch up on! :rotfl:
And they never spoke again...
We absolutely loved this cruise.
I think I said before, but the Fantasy is my favorite ship now.
I don't know if it's because it was a longer cruise,
the first time seeing the Eastern Caribbean, or just the amazing crew members,
but this was just an amazing vacation and I am so thankful we had the chance to do it.
So glad you had such a great time! :)
Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be able to use that placeholder now,
:(
Thanks for following along and commenting on my trip report!
Thanks for writing, Kelly! Very much enjoyed coming along on your cruise with you. :)
I'm sorry it took me over a year to complete, but then again,
I was happy to have this to think about in the wake of all the depressing news lately.
:hug:
And that's okay. Life happens.
We have been planning a girls trip in October of this year, since last year.
My mom, Allie and I were going to take my great-niece
for her first trip ever to WDW and stay at POFQ.

I am hopeful that with everything seeming to get a little better and opening back up,
that trip may still happen, but I'm not sure if my mom will still come
since she is in the high-risk group and I'm not sure how we'll feel about her traveling by then.

I'm also not sure how we feel about bringing my niece for her first trip ever,
unless things are mostly back to normal.
Lots to think about there. I suspect the new rules will still be in place in October, but... who knows?
I hope whatever you decide will be the best decision for you and your family.
surely things will be back to normal by then!
Oh, man! I hope so!
When I get that going, I'll post a link here.
And I'll be there. :)

We headed back to our stateroom around 11 and found our last towel animal friend waiting.
Such a fun way to end the night!! I love that See ya Real Soon celebration on the last night. Hugging all the characters and ending the tri p on a high note makes it not feel so sad that the trip is ending!

I think it looks like a pterodactyl landing on a rock, LOL, but I may have just been in quarantine so long that now I'm seeing things!

If this is where we part ways, thanks for reading and ,
I'll See Ya Real Soon!
Looking forward to your TR of your trip with Allie :) Bye for now!

I really enjoyed reading along. I really want to do a Disney Cruise one day. Maybe we can do an Epic Cruise since so many from the Epic group like to cruise! This would be awesome 😎
I have two trips this year and seriously thinking neither will happen. August and November. Time will tell.
I will be looking for your next TR and plans. Disney reading is one of my favorites!

I loved reading your report! :disrocks: Thanks for taking the time to write it and post all the amazing pictures. I am not giving up hope for our trip in November. BLT and Fantasy... here we come! :goofy::donald::tigger::tink::sail: :mickeyjum:stitch::ccat::dumbo:

We haven't set a wedding date yet.
I'm sure her not doing so is wholly because of the virus.

Yes, I'm sure that's it :P

MDR?

Main Dining Room…cruise forum talk ::yes::
And you definitely would've been later and stressed out if you had.

This is true.

And they never spoke again...

Until they needed something 💰💰💰

Thanks for writing, Kelly! Very much enjoyed coming along on your cruise with you. :)

Thanks for reading!

Such a fun way to end the night!! I love that See ya Real Soon celebration on the last night. Hugging all the characters and ending the tri p on a high note makes it not feel so sad that the trip is ending!

I don't consider myself a character person, but just the thought of NOT being able to do that makes me kind of sad. It's such a perfect send off!

I think it looks like a pterodactyl landing on a rock, LOL, but I may have just been in quarantine so long that now I'm seeing things!

:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!