French Quarter to the Fantasy With an EPIC Cherry on Top…Spring 2019! Updated 10/25!

EMM sounds like a lot of fun and you got a lot done! I have yet to see TSL because it was brand new when I was there and I couldn't deal with the crowds, but SDD sounds like the perfect sized roller coaster for me lol Also, you did quite a lot on just a few hours sleep!!

Great pics Kelly. Your mom is soooo cute!

I'll be at POFQ in 3 days and I can't wait as it's one of my fav resorts, next to that lovely WL of course!!!

I love all the cute pictures of your family. Your daughter dancing around is perfect. I always feel like dancing when at Disney!!

EMM is a fun hard ticket event I’m glad we got to do it 1x.

Did you do the Void?? I can’t think of anything else. :confused3

We felt like we were the only people there...
Love that!
Nicholas could barely contain his excitement this morning...
Looks familiar....are all teenage boys the same??
The kids ended up being kind of unimpressed with SDD…whomp, whomp.
I guess it's not thrilling enough for them. My mom, on the other hand, loved it!
Great picture!
We went on SDD a couple more times
and Nicholas' coffee must've started to kick in because he actually even smiled...
Love it! Moms of teens have to take smiles where we can get them.....
We took a couple more pics of an empty TSL, and then headed over to breakfast
right around 9 am when the park was opening
After seeing your pictures, I am really regretting swapping out our EMM in TSL for the DHS AH party.
The kids got to RnRC only to find that it was either down or not open yet.
In any case, it wasn't running so they came back and joined us for breakfast.
We got a couple choices to share, and hit up the buffet for fruit and yogurt and pastries...
The food looks great!
We were all kind of hitting a wall from staying up so late and getting up so early,
so after poking around a little and using our Star Tours FP,
we decided to head back to the resort and rest a little bit...
You did well to get so much done!
We had a nice break for a couple hours and then headed to DS for the evening
where Nicholas and I did something I totally thought I wouldn't enjoy,
but actually ended up being a lot of fun!
The VR experience???

EMM sounds like a lot of fun and you got a lot done!

I love EMM! I've been twice to DHS and twice to MK and it's kind of perfect for me since I tend to be an early riser anyway! I really hope they eventually bring it back at DHS ::yes::

I have yet to see TSL because it was brand new when I was there and I couldn't deal with the crowds,

I agree! It's so nice to be walking out just as everyone else is walking in!

SDD sounds like the perfect sized roller coaster for me lol

Me too! I've been on RnRC a couple times (when they kids made me), but I don't love it. SDD is perfect :love:

Also, you did quite a lot on just a few hours sleep!!

That's the, "First day at Disney energy surge!"

Looks familiar....are all teenage boys the same??

They are a breed unto themselves :crazy2:

After seeing your pictures, I am really regretting swapping out our EMM in TSL for the DHS AH party.

There are so many add-ons to choose from, we can't possibly do it all. I still would like to do a DAH event, especially at the MK. The only thing holding me back is that I tend to be a super early riser, but not so much a stay up late, kind of gal. I'm afraid I'd be cranky trying to stay up until 1 am.

DAK has a DAH when I'm there with my DH in March, but I'm still debating on whether or not we should do it. Mike doesn't ride FOP or EE and those two rides would be my main reason for going. He doesn't mind wandering around while I ride, but FOP takes a long time with all the pre-shows and queue, I'm afraid I would feel bad doing that more than once.

The food looks great!

It actually is really good, and there are a few options. You can choose however many entrees you want :goodvibes

The VR experience???

:thumbsup2

Since this was our first time here, we had fun just looking around the resort.
We just thought everything there was so cute!
I would really like to stay at French Quarter one day. I did a quick walk through it when my family stayed at Riverside, and it looked really nice. That's a great view from your room.

Any guesses on what we did??
I was going to guess the hot air balloon. I didn't even think about the Void.

Your family is adorable!!! I love Grammie 💌 She is just the cutest!! And makes me wish I had been able to share the magic of WDW with my Grandma before she passed away.

Sounds like you had a really fun morning!

I would really like to stay at French Quarter one day. I did a quick walk through it when my family stayed at Riverside, and it looked really nice. That's a great view from your room.

I loved it, which kind of surprised me. The only other previous Mod experience I had had was at CBR in 2008, and I hated it. I wasn't sure what to think before staying at POFQ, but so many people love it that I decided to give it a try. I'm so glad I did, too! We are already thinking of staying here again next October and I'm really looking forward to it! :goodvibes

I was going to guess the hot air balloon.

Well, that sounds fun too!

After a nice long, restful night of sleep…all four hours of it, we were all super well rested and energetic,
and ready to head to the bus stop at 6:22 am...
Ya know its early when its still dark outside!!!

Nicholas could barely contain his excitement this morning...
Oh I can just feel it exuding from all over him

The kids ended up being kind of unimpressed with SDD…whomp, whomp.
I guess it's not thrilling enough for them. My mom, on the other hand, loved it!
I can see how it plays more to the grandma than the teenager crowd. :earboy2:

Nicholas' coffee must've started to kick in because he actually even smiled...
It just takes a while for some of us (says the person in the Nicholas club)

We took a couple more pics of an empty TSL, and then headed over to breakfast
right around 9 am when the park was opening
enhance
Now that is not something you see very often. If they ever start these again I may think about doing it. I like the look and feel of TSL but the crowds are just insane

Sorry, no matter which way I rotate this, it looks upside down...
Yum! That all looks pretty dang good

Yup…SDD again!
I think you may have set a guiness world record for rides on this in a morning

The view from right outside our room 2329...
Great view! The one thing I wish is the mods put some chairs outside the rooms so you could at least pretend you had a balcony to enjoy the great view by

We had a nice break for a couple hours and then headed to DS for the evening
where Nicholas and I did something I totally thought I wouldn't enjoy,
but actually ended up being a lot of fun!

Any guesses on what we did??
My guess is bowling at Splitsville! 🎳🎳

EMM looks like a lot of fun and nice to see TSL without the crowds!

I like SDD but I think as a teenager in the height of my roller coaster loving, I wouldn't have been impressed either lol.

I'm amazed with how much you did after your late night. That break was well-deserved!

I'm gonna guess you did the Void!

Despite your very short night it seems you had a great time at EMM! I'd love to attend an EMM in Toy Story Land (rather than SWGE - I'm not really a Star Wars fan), so I hope they bring it back sometime, too!

I wonder if your kids thought of SDD the way I originally thought of 7DMT. I thought the Mine Train was a cute ride, but hardly much of a coaster. Now I think it's a fun ride and I appreciate it for what it is. I'm glad it grew on them!

I'm caught back up again, finally! I had a lot of reading to do! Your family is so fun :) I liked your report on the early morning magic stuff. And I thought it was hilarious that Allie was trying to improve your selfie game! :rotfl:

I can see how it plays more to the grandma than the teenager crowd. :earboy2:

Perhaps Disney should market it that way :P

It just takes a while for some of us (says the person in the Nicholas club)

I seem to recall this from May, but you were nowhere NEAR as grumpy as Nicholas in the morning!

Now that is not something you see very often. If they ever start these again I may think about doing it. I like the look and feel of TSL but the crowds are just insane

I'll be really sad if it never comes back. I would absolutely pay for this EVERY trip ::yes::

I think you may have set a guiness world record for rides on this in a morning

I kind of lost count, but I think it ws 5 including our FP. We probably could have squeezed in at least one more but the kids were all set.

Great view! The one thing I wish is the mods put some chairs outside the rooms so you could at least pretend you had a balcony to enjoy the great view by

That's a good idea…it's really pretty out there :love:

My guess is bowling at Splitsville! 🎳🎳

No, although I'm surprised my kids have never dragged me there!

I like SDD but I think as a teenager in the height of my roller coaster loving, I wouldn't have been impressed either lol.

I guess I was never a crazy coaster lover so this is just right for me ::yes::

I'm gonna guess you did the Void!

:thumbsup2

Despite your very short night it seems you had a great time at EMM! I'd love to attend an EMM in Toy Story Land (rather than SWGE - I'm not really a Star Wars fan), so I hope they bring it back sometime, too!

I haven't seen SWGE yet, but I think I'd like EMM for that too if it was offered. I just hate dealing with crazy crowds :crazy2:

I'm caught back up again, finally! I had a lot of reading to do!

You've been busy and having too much fun traveling!

I thought it was hilarious that Allie was trying to improve your selfie game! :rotfl:

It's even funnier that it didn't work :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter