Friend on NYC cruise that stops at WDW...Questions

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
Can someone explain how many FPs, and how can they be used? Also friend is Concierge, does that get them any more FPs. They have not paid in full yet.

TY,
Bobbi

Can someone explain how many FPs, and how can they be used? Also friend is Concierge, does that get them any more FPs. They have not paid in full yet.

TY,
Bobbi

Things may be different this year, but this was the process last November. The night before PC, we got hard tickets to use at the parks. It's a one day park hopper. It was preloaded with three VIP fast passes, those fast passes could be used for any attraction including Pandora. We were able to add those tickets to our MDE, and then schedule three additional regular fast passes. They were people traveling concierge who were in our FE group, if they got additional fast passes, then they didn't say so to anyone.

Anyone know if excursions are offered at this port stop like adding on Not So Scary Halloween party?

Anyone know if excursions are offered at this port stop like adding on Not So Scary Halloween party?
They usually are not in port on NSSHP nights, that way everyone has the chance to stay at the parks until 10 or 10:30. We were on the first bus to WDW and one of the last few to return to the ship, we hit all 4 parks and were exhausted the following day. If we ever take that cruise again, we’ll definitely spend less time in the parks.

We're on the Nov. 10th sailing. The only excursions that are offered are 2 VIP tours (Ultimate Day of Thrills & The Ultimate Disney Classics VIP Tour). There is also a Kennedy Space Center excursion offered.

As Club Disney Chandler mentioned, typically these cruises don't stop at WDW on a party day. The port day has traditionally been a Wednesday which is day there are typically no holiday parties. As with anything that can always change in the future though.

Last edited:

If it's offered that day, you'll need to buy your ticket through the regular channels. Note that the bus stops running after regular park closing, so you'd likely have to make your way over to an open park to catch the DCL bus back to port.

As @dcassetta noted above, we received hard tickets a day or two before the port stop. In addition to the 3 VIP FPs, you can also make 3 regular FPs ahead of time. Adding tix to MDE beforehand is a good idea because one of our tickets was missing the VIP FPs. A quick stop at guest services once at the park fixed this (GS on board couldn't help). This cruise was a ton of fun, and to my surprise, maybe my favorite of our four.

Got it, reason why I ask is because I was look at booking the 2019 sailing for this and it seems the PC day is on Oct 31 so I figured NSSHP would be offered as an excursion.

Got it, reason why I ask is because I was look at booking the 2019 sailing for this and it seems the PC day is on Oct 31 so I figured NSSHP would be offered as an excursion.

I'm on this cruise and it looks like we are at WDW on Halloween. So not sure how this works? Does that mean no Halloween party?

Oh well that's exciting. I just looked up this sailing and it appears to leave on a Sunday instead of Saturday like this year's which does put it's PC day on a Thursday and on Halloween like you said. There will definitely be a party that night. Not sure how DCL will handle it but I wouldn't be surprised if they potentially offered it as an excursion but you'd probably also be able to easily book it on your own. If we love our NYC -> WDW cruise this year (which is a Merrytime cruise) as much as I think we will, I'll have to try to convince my fiance to let us book this cruise next year. I desperately want to do a Halloween cruise!

Oh well that's exciting. I just looked up this sailing and it appears to leave on a Sunday instead of Saturday like this year's which does put it's PC day on a Thursday and on Halloween like you said. There will definitely be a party that night. Not sure how DCL will handle it but I wouldn't be surprised if they potentially offered it as an excursion but you'd probably also be able to easily book it on your own. If we love our NYC -> WDW cruise this year (which is a Merrytime cruise) as much as I think we will, I'll have to try to convince my fiance to let us book this cruise next year. I desperately want to do a Halloween cruise!

I've had my eye on this cruise for a while my favorite part is I don't need a flight just $2.75 on the Metrocard and it will get me to the pier and we get to go to WDW!!!! Too bad there aren't more frequent DCL cruises out of NYC. That said I will definitely want to hear about your trip when you get back

I've had my eye on this cruise for a while my favorite part is I don't need a flight just $2.75 on the Metrocard and it will get me to the pier and we get to go to WDW!!!! Too bad there aren't more frequent DCL cruises out of NYC. That said I will definitely want to hear about your trip when you get back
I was searching for info on how FPs work for the NYC cruises to PC, and came across this thread. We just booked a last-minute fare on the 10/27/2019 Halloween NYC cruise yesterday. Looking at the available excursions, there does not appear to be anything listed for MNSSHP. I'm trying to find out how late the buses come back from MK that night. The party goes from 7 p.m. to midnight, and I'm pretty sure we have to back onboard by then, so it may not be worth it for us regardless.

We had a NSSHP on our NYC cruise in 2017. It was amazing to have an (almost) empty park during the day :)

Here is what they sent us:

Dear Ryan,

We are excited you will be sailing with us aboard the Disney Magic and want to share some important information about your visit to Walt Disney World Resort on Wednesday, November 1.

If you are planning to visit the Magic Kingdom Park during your time ashore, we want to let you know that the park will be closing at 7:00pm due to a separately ticketed special event that evening. Return transportation to the ship is planned from the Magic Kingdom throughout the afternoon until approximately 7:30pm.

Guests who are planning to purchase tickets on their own to attend Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party will have special transportation departing in front of the Magic Kingdom Park promptly at 10:45pm. Guests will need to leave before the event ends in order to return to the ship prior to its departure.

Also, please keep in mind that many Disney table-service restaurants are quite popular and can book very quickly. Guests who would like to make dining reservations may do so in advance online at http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/reservations/dining/ or by calling (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463. Of course, there are also plenty of counter-service options to fit every taste throughout each of the four parks.
For additional information about the Walt Disney World Resort, please click here.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard in the near future!

Sincerely,

The Cast and Crew
Disney Cruise Line

I was searching for info on how FPs work for the NYC cruises to PC, and came across this thread. We just booked a last-minute fare on the 10/27/2019 Halloween NYC cruise yesterday. Looking at the available excursions, there does not appear to be anything listed for MNSSHP. I'm trying to find out how late the buses come back from MK that night. The party goes from 7 p.m. to midnight, and I'm pretty sure we have to back onboard by then, so it may not be worth it for us regardless.

We were not there on a party night, so thing may be different for you. The last bus left Epcot at about 945 and the Magic Kingdom at about 1045.

We had a NSSHP on our NYC cruise in 2017. It was amazing to have an (almost) empty park during the day :)

Here is what they sent us...
We were not there on a party night, so thing may be different for you. The last bus left Epcot at about 945 and the Magic Kingdom at about 1045.
Thanks for the replies! I think we're not going to worry about the Halloween party. We may just stick with Epcot and go to the F&W Festival. I'm also hoping to see the new Epcot fireworks show, so hopefully we can catch the last bus back to the ship after that.

So, we did end up loving this itinerary so much last year that we booked it again for this fall. We are also on the 10/27 sailing. Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure the last bus is scheduled to leave MK at 10:45am. I think we got an email about this but of course I can't find it now.

We decided against going to MNSSHP for this reason as well. Just didn't think we'd get enough value since we'd have to leave the party so early.

We're planning on doing all 4-parks again like we did last year but instead of finishing up in MK, we'll go there earlier before the party crowd arrives and finish up the night in Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!