Friendly reminder - daylight savings time on April 2nd

It's funny, my dad just mentioned that yesterday. I can't believe I'm going to lose another hour of sleep when the park is open till midnight! I have to stay until closing, and be back when the gates open...oh well, I'll fill up on Jamba Juice and be raring to go :)

Luckily I booked our breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen for Saturday at 7:30 and not Sunday...I don't think my parents would have ever forgiven me!

Ok can I have some help here please. We fly in from the UK Saturday afternoon so would normally wake up about 4am in the morning because of the time difference. So we have to put our clocks forward one hour when we go to bed so when we wake up at 4am the clocks will show 5am and we effectively get a lie in?

Sue

Starting next year -- through an act of Congress -- Daylight Savings Time will be extended. See the new dates below.

2002 April 7 October 27 March 31 October 27
2003 April 6 October 26 March 30 October 26
2004 April 4 October 31 March 28 October 31
2005 April 3 October 30 March 27 October 30
2006 April 2 October 29 March 26 October 29
2007 March 11 November 4 March 25 October 28
2008 March 9 November 2 March 30 October 26
2009 March 8 November 1 March 29 October 25

Sue & Co. said:
Ok can I have some help here please. We fly in from the UK Saturday afternoon so would normally wake up about 4am in the morning because of the time difference. So we have to put our clocks forward one hour when we go to bed so when we wake up at 4am the clocks will show 5am and we effectively get a lie in?

Sue

But in the spring, we "lose" an hour of sleep. That means that if you want to be anywhere on time on Sunday, you have to get up an hour earlier (i.e. if DL opens at 8am and you set your alarm to get up by 7am, your body will actually think it's 6am when you do get up).

Also, I wouldn't assume that the maids/housekeeping will change the clocks, so it's best for you to check the time when you get to your room. Officially, the time change comes at 2am, but most people change their clocks (and watches!) before they go to bed Saturday night. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter