From Sanford airport to Universal

ccvh

Mouseketeer
Is there anyway to find out the cost of a taxi from Sanford Airport to Universal? We are flying in on Allegiant, going straight to the Hard Rock Hotel, spending three days at the parks and hotel, and then going straight back. Not yet finding anything that strikes me as a great deal on a rental car, and the parking will be $60 for a car we wouldn't be using. There is a list of taxis and town car services on the airport website with phone numbers, but no indication of typical fares.

How big is your group? That can really change how you go to the resort. If you have two or more, your best bet may be to call the Sedan Services and see what there roundtrips. For larger groups (more than one), it can be a cost savings over a taxi or SuperShuttle.

I see $220 RT from tiffany town car. We use them all the time and you get a free grocery stop.

The cars are all very well maintained Towncars - and the drivers are ontime!

We have them stop at the liquor / beer store :cool1:

doesn't allegiant allow the option for the shuttle to the parks from sanford?

check the transportation thread as i have read something in that forum about booking the shuttle option when booking with allegiant.

Thanks, all!

The airport site had such a long list of names and phone numbers for ground transportation, and the first few I looked at gave me no info. Hadn't gotten to Mears yet. Allegiant had a shuttle offer, but for four of us, it was pretty costly, and services a lot of hotels, so would take a while. Rental cars are lots more than I was expecting, too, and then I noted that, unlike Disney, Universal charges parking...

Cheryl

We are also coming into Sanford on Allegiant. We have a reservation with Orlando Airport Towncar Service... our rate was around $170 RT with a grocery stop. This will be our first time so I have no idea how the service is.

- Ken

doesn't allegiant allow the option for the shuttle to the parks from sanford?

check the transportation thread as i have read something in that forum about booking the shuttle option when booking with allegiant.

My husband is flying separately with Allegiant. Thanks for this tip. The round trip rate for him is $72. I'm not sure if that amount is per person (not a great value for a family), but it seems to be a good option for a single traveler.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter