Frontier Airline out of PVD

Our2Girls&Disney

DIS Veteran
Has anyone flown Frontier airline out of PVD? I am aware of the risks of a budget airline, just wondering about the total experience. I've flown Spirit many times, decided to try Frontier as well. Looking for reviews out of PVD.

Our daughter used them last week out of PVD and said it was fine. She said they up charge you on seat selection and luggage but had no problems.

Thank you Timothy02359. I am just a little concerned because I've never flown them before. I am aware of the extra fees. Appreciate the response.

I don't know about you, but I've been pricing both Frontier and Jetblue out of PVD, and Jetblue has been cheaper because of all the extra fees Frontier tacks on. We usually always try to fly out of PVD as it is way easier then Logan, but sorry never flown Frontier.

Last edited:

I've never flown out of PVD, but we use Frontier out of Trenton and PHL all the time and they have become our go-to airline. Have only had great experiences so far with prices that can't be beat. We don't use most of the extras. Used to pay to pick our seats but left that up to chance last month and it worked out fine. Have had great customer service both in flight and dealing with a cancellation due to illness.

Thanks to everyone who provided feedback. I am aware of the extra fees. Decided not to pay for seats, this is what I do on Spirit and it always works out fine for us. We are packing only a personal item. I ordered 18x14x8 bags on amazon for $9 each, simply because we are only going for a long weekend. I am hoping Frontier works for us, because the price speaks for sure. I scored $20 each way, plus I needed to be Den member for $50, so for grand total of $170 all three of us are flying to FL nonstop RT. The price was right for sure, I just hope the experience is just as pleasant.

Not out of PVD, but 2 flights in the last 2 months on Frontier out of Islip -beginning of November and last weekend.

We were pleasantly surprised by the comfort of the plane. We elect to pay for seat selection as we prefer to sit in aisle seats next to each other and that would most likely not be the way the automated algorithm would assign the seats. We pay for one checked bag between the 2 of us. This has more to do with the time of year - we needed options based on changeable Orlando weather this time of year and bringing back Christmas gifts. In the warmer months for shorter trips - we would totally forego paying for any luggage.

Boarding was efficient, employees pleasant, the seats were more comfortable than I expected, the planes (in our case) were fairly new. Flights were on time. We were flying into some bad weather when landing in Islip the other day and the pilot handled it expertly.

We also had a situation where we had a family emergency in October when we had tickets booked. They have a great emergency cancellation policy - I had an answer back within a few hours after filling out the electronic request (and including a letter from the doctor as required) with our approval. Our travel funds had to be used in the next 90 days for flights within the next 12 months. We re-booked in November and it was very easy. We didn't use the entire credit on that one trip and I was able to use the remaining credit last week towards adding a checked bag to our trip a few days later.

May I ask how PVD is easier than Logan?

I don't know about you, but I've been pricing both Frontier and Jetblue out of PVD, and Jetblue has been cheaper because of all the extra fees Frontier tacks on. We usually always try to fly out of PVD as it is way easier then Logan, but sorry never flown Frontier.

Thanks to everyone who provided feedback. I am aware of the extra fees. Decided not to pay for seats, this is what I do on Spirit and it always works out fine for us. We are packing only a personal item. I ordered 18x14x8 bags on amazon for $9 each, simply because we are only going for a long weekend. I am hoping Frontier works for us, because the price speaks for sure. I scored $20 each way, plus I needed to be Den member for $50, so for grand total of $170 all three of us are flying to FL nonstop RT. The price was right for sure, I just hope the experience is just as pleasant.

Can you share a link to the bags? Also, where from/when are you flying to get that amazing deal?!!

Oh yes. I booked 12/15-12/19 for $20 each way in September and I even though I've never flown them before or have any experience I gambled and booked for March 3/2-3/7 for $36 each way. I booked the March trip a week ago. These are non stop flights PVD-MCO. This is why I am slightly concerned, I've never flown them before and I booked not one but two trips with them. Check in with me in a couple weeks and I'll give you an honest report.

Oh yes. I booked 12/15-12/19 for $20 each way in September and I even though I've never flown them before or have any experience I gambled and booked for March 3/2-3/7 for $36 each way. I booked the March trip a week ago. These are non stop flights PVD-MCO. This is why I am slightly concerned, I've never flown them before and I booked not one but two trips with them. Check in with me in a couple weeks and I'll give you an honest report.

Wow... $40 RT in September! I figured must have been last minute to get prices that good! Did you buy their $49.99 discount program thing? I would love to hear how you make out, as I'm definitely considering them for our trip next fall. I haven't found anything that comes close price wise.

Yes, I should have mentioned that. I had to be a Den Member to get both these deals. So for the 3 of us, it was $120 plus $50 den member ship so $170 total for 3 of us! March I paid $211 for the 3 of us, these were den rates but, I already had the membership.

I should also mention, this is Frontier, not Jet Blue, not Delta, not SW,.... This is a budget airline! They nickel and dime you every turn. Bags cost you (I am avoiding that fee with the 18x14x8 amazon bag), if you want to chose your seat it costs you (I am willing to sit anywhere on the plane at no charge even if means not sitting with my family) , Food and drinks cost you! Just something to keep in mind. You need to be aware of this before you book! My expectations are not high. Hoping for a good experience.

I should also mention, this is Frontier, not Jet Blue, not Delta, not SW,.... This is a budget airline! They nickel and dime you every turn. Bags cost you (I am avoiding that fee with the 18x14x8 amazon bag), if you want to chose your seat it costs you (I am willing to sit anywhere on the plane at no charge even if means not sitting with my family) , Food and drinks cost you! Just something to keep in mind. You need to be aware of this before you book! My expectations are not high. Hoping for a good experience.

I've read some really good reviews.

May I ask how PVD is easier than Logan?
It is just so easy to get in and out of, and once you walk into the main entrance of PVD you either go right or left, there's only two wings. It's much smaller, so far less people, we usually fly early in the morning and getting through security is a breeze. And 90% of the time the Jetblue flights out of PVD to MCO are cheaper then the Logan flights.

Can you share a link to the bags? Also, where from/when are you flying to get that amazing deal?!!

Just sharing the bag I love to use as my personal item on Frontier as well. It's a Vera Bradley Weekender and has a lot of space but still fits perfectly under the seat. Even if I overfill it a little I have always been able to squeeze it in under the seat since it's soft. It's not as cheap as the bags OP ordered, but well worth it for as much as we use them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter