Frozen II

Just saw the film tonight. I highly recommend it! Great visuals, music and story. Unexpected ending though!
Just saw it as well - loved it - the animation was brilliant , and love the fact that they gave Kristoff/Groff a song to showcase his voice - it was darker, and the storyline might go over the head of some of the little ones - almost like Frozen met How to Train your Dragon

I just saw it - liked it more than loved it - although I lean that way with the original, too.

I have a spoiler comment about the ending:
So it was like Disney and Pixar had a writing contest this year where they each had to write a story using the same ultimate plot point. 2016 was the year of Heroines With Two Living Parents. 2019 is the year of Breaking Up the Act.

Just saw the film tonight. I highly recommend it! Great visuals, music and story. Unexpected ending though!

Agreed on the ending. It was refreshing to see Disney drop a Frozen deuce on everybody that maybe wasn't as soft as they were expecting based on what happened the first time around.

I thought it was good. Like the first one, the songs are a tad weak, though I don't understand why "Into the Unknown" is the one they are hyping. "Lost in the Woods" and Show Yourself" are both much better, with the latter being closer to "Let it Go." The rest of the music is underwhelming.

Elsa riding her water horse in to save the kingdom from the tidal wave was epic! That's the kind of stuff that starts a religion.

Last edited:
I thought it was good. Like the first one, teh songs are a tad weak, though I don't understand why "Into the Unknown" is the one they are hyping. "Lost in the Woods" and Show Yourself" are both much better, with the latter being closer to "Let it Go." The rest of th emusic is undewhelming.

Elsa riding her water horse in to save the kingdom from the tidal wave was epic! That's the kind of stuff that starts a religion.
That was my thought about Into the Unknown. It wasn't that good. Show Yourself was much more like it, but Let It Go was just an incredible surprise and trying to force a sequel to that song didn't work. Other than Kristoff's songs, none of them stood out to me. I do think the story got better as the movie went along. I was getting worried at the beginning, the story quality seemed to be like an Eisner-era direct to video sequel. Overall, I thought the movie was OK, but not nearly as good as the first one.

I saw it, and agree that the visuals were stunning. The characters are just as appealing. As for the songs, my favorite was "The Next Right Thing", sung by Anna/Kristen. That one had me in tears. I also agree that Elsa/Idina's song "Show Yourself" was better than "Into the Unknown". The latter song was overrated. All in all, a good film, although it won't replace the original FROZEN in my mind.

Just got back. I LOVED it! I adored the music as well. Show Yourself had me tearing up. The following scene sent me over the edge into a full on crying fest. And yes my kids asked about it! LOL I look forward to the dvd. I think I am going to pick up the soundtrack this week.

I agree with comments about the songs, some were better than others. Ultimately though they could have had fewer songs. I silently laughed during Kristoff's song as all I could think of was a cheesy 80s love ballad.

I did feel like there were traces of Brave
the light reminded me of the Whisps, and the stones reminded me of the stone arena
and Tangled
Elsa's look with her hair down reminded me of Rapunzel on multiple occasions, plus her look hinted at it in my eyes.
, unintentionally I'm sure.

My kids said it was epic and gave it ten thumbs up. My son (5) specifically requested seeing it again when he had some 1:1 time with his auntie this Friday. Both kiddos want to go see it over and over.

My husband LOVED Kristoff's song - my son still can't quite figure out why we find it so funny.

I can't decide if I like Into the Unknown or Show Yourself better...we've been listening to a LOT of the songs (kids + Alexa) and they both are getting better with repetition (like the Frozen songs). Both songs gave me that tingle I felt when I first saw/heard Let It Go...so... there's that.

We all had high expectations, and we really liked it.

Finally saw it. It was worth seeing, but doesn't seem like anything that would stand up to repeated viewings like Frozen did. Frozen was something one would remember the songs coming out of the theater. My kid was kind of disappointed.

Saw it a day after release and it was absolutely amazing! Loved the songs, especially Into the Unknown, Show Yourself, and of course, the Chicago-style ballad: Lost In the Woods. Who'd have thought Kristoff would finally get a proper musical number, and a excellent one at that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!