Ft Wildernes... whats it about???????

mickeymousefan

loving life in the Lone Star state
I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the activities offered a Ft wilderness for a 4 and 2 year old. I want to include this into our vacation plans but need to know more about it and how much time to allow.

The campfire program is open to all WDW resort guests. It generally begins around 7 p.m. during the fall/winter season and 8 p.m. after the time changes in April through the summer. It is held near the Meadow Trading Post in the campfire area. The program begins with a sing-along led by a Disney CM and a marshmallow roast around two campfire rings. You may bring your own marshmallows or buy them at the Chuckwagon (roasting sticks and marshmallows are $2). You may also buy pizza, hot dogs, candy, nachos, juice, popcorn, sodas, coffee, beer and other refreshments at the Chuckwagon. While this is going on, Chip and Dale make an appearance to visit with guests and sign autographs. The sing-along lasts about 40 minutes. Next, one or two Disney animated features, depending upon the season, are shown on a large outdoor screen. Seating is available in bleachers or on benches. There is also plenty of room to lay out a quilt or blanket. The movie schedule is posted at all comfort stations. In the event of rain, the sing-along is still held on the porch of the Meadow Trading Post.

Guided horseback rides are offered 6 times daily (8:30, 10, 11:30 a.m., 1, 2:30 and 4 p.m.) at the Tri-Circle D Livery at Fort Wilderness. The rides, which cost $32 per person, last approximately 45 minutes. Riders must be at least 9 years old and 48 inches tall and can weigh no more than 250 pounds. The horses are tame and walk pretty much single file during the ride. If you're an experienced rider, this ride may be too dull for you. If you've not had an opportunity to ride a horse before or have done so rarely, this ride may be just what you're looking for. To make reservations, call (407) 824-2832. It is strongly suggested that you wear long pants and that you do not wear open-toed or heeled shoes. To get to the Tri-Circle D Livery, you can drive to and park in the Fort Wilderness Visitor parking lot and walk; board the bus at the TTC and take it to the Outpost Depot bus stop; take the Fort Wilderness boat from the marina at the Magic Kingdom to the Fort Wilderness marina and then walk to the Settlement Depot bus stop where you'd then board the bus to the Outpost Depot.

Nightly wagon rides at Pioneer Hall at 7 and 9:30 p.m.- Cost $8 adults, $4 children. Depending on Magic Kingdom hours, there are sometimes special "Fireworks" wagon rides scheduled.

Petting farm featuring goats, pot belly pig, donkey, ducks, sheep, and chickens

Private carriage rides - Cost $30/half-hour. Call (407) 824-2832 to reserve (reservations suggested, not required). Depart from Crockett's Tavern at Pioneer Hall between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. nightly. There are two carriages available; one accommodates four adults and two children, the other accommodates two adults and two children.

Pony rides from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. - Cost $3

Fishing in canals (free) or chartered largemouth bass fishing excursions on Bay Lake, which include a professional guide, refreshments (soft drinks, coffee, hot chocolate & water), fishing gear and a dozen shiners. 7 a.m. trip - $210; 10 a.m. trip - $195; 1:30 p.m. trip - $180. Trips are standard 2 hours with maximum of 5 guests per boat

Kid fishing: Bluegill Fishing - $28.16 per child for 1 hour trip (kids 6 - 12). Includes 2 guides, fishing gear & beverages. Up to 5 kids per boat. Trips leave on Saturday and Sunday only at 10 a.m

OK that's all I could find...hope it helps..

There's a great buffet in Fort Wilderness, I believe the name is Trail's End Buffeteria. Kids of any age will enjoy it!

We love Fort Wilderness! :lovestruc My DD just realized we have a little over 5 months to go. The first thing she wants to do is go down to the petting zoo! :teeth:

Regarding the movie and sing-along, I wouldn't rush to try and make it by 8, especailly with young kids. We went last week and nobody was really paying attention to the sing-along, in fact we really couldn't even understand what it was they were singing. It was very cool to see the movie under the stars and I would do that again, but I'd pass on doing the sing-along

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter