• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Full buses

C

candyht

Has anyone had problems getting on a Disney bus because it was too crowded? I'm planning on going very early to MK on December 26th from the Swan. If I remember correctly from my recently stay at the YC, the Swan is the 3rd stop? I'm sure that Disney will run additional buses for Christmas, but will I have to let a bunch of buses go by before I'm able to get on one because the buses were full?

It's happened too often to me the Pleasure Island bus stop, especially on rainy nights. If it's walkable during a rainstorm and the Marketplace is still open you'd be better off going to their bus stop since a good portion of the riders will get off to shop there.

I usually find them at standing room only. Hot and sweaty. I hate them! Just think, here is a resort that includes the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow, and it is still using a transportation system that was designed in the early part of the LAST century.

candyht, the Swan is the first stop going to the Magic Kingdom, and I never could figure out how they decided which hotel to stop at on the way back from the Magic Kingdom (smile). Because I use a wheelchair, it is important to me to be at the first stop when hotels share a bus, which is one of the reasons we stay at the Swan and not at the Dolphin, Yacht Club or Beach Club.

With Beach Club Villas opening July 1, I'm hoping they split up this route. Swan, Dolphin, YC/BC (including BCV) and Boardwalk are too many for one route.

Downtown Disney Bus Dept plans to move the Boardwalk to the same route as the Swan/Dolphin, Yacht & Beach Clubs, once the New signs are in place at Downtown Disney, this could be any day now.

Part of the problem with the Bus Transportation is that Disney has also Cut-back the Transportation Budget much like all other areas of Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter